What's so funny?

Hush EXO Academy

 

 

Bomi POV

     Today is the opening ceremony for the start of school. For the past two days Baekhyun and I have ignored each other. He won’t even look me in the eye. I don’t know what stick crawled up his but I decided to ignore him too. If he is expecting some kind of apology, I’m not giving it. I’m not going to apologize for helping him!

 


 

     All the students lined up in the gym in alphabetical order. I was in the back and amazingly Chanyeol and Sehun were right in front of me.

     We chatted for a bit until someone started speaking into the mic. I don’t really know what he was saying because I was busy thinking about other things.

     I was trying to think of ways to not bring attention to myself. If my roommates are as popular as they say than that would bring a lot of attention to me, thus making it harder for me to hide my gender… Also the President is obviously the mischievous type so I was really hoping he wouldn’t do something stupid…

 

 

 

     “President Byun!” the speaker says and we clap as he walks out. He was waving so enthusiastically with a huge smile that it makes you think that he isn’t all that bright. I giggle.

 

     “Good morning!” he says happily. “Welcome to EXO Academy!” he does this weird laugh that I can’t help but laugh at too.

     “I see we have a good number of freshman!” he says and motions his hand to the right of us. “Don’t worry, I’m not as crazy as the rumors say I am!” he laughs the weird laugh again as the freshman laugh back. Some looked like they forced the laugh like they were unconvinced.

     “Okay, I’m going to do things a little different this year. Usually we don’t do this because it creates unfriendly atmospheres and jealousy… but I decided to do it anyways so that maybe it will motivate some of you to try harder.”

 

     Great… what trouble is he going to cause now?

 

     “I have decided to introduce the student who has the highest grade scores throughout their school careers, whether from this school or any other, combined with their entrance scores for this school!”

 

     I sincerely hope that someone else in this school is smarter than I am…

 

     “Now without further ado… The schools number one student is…”

 

     Please don’t be me! Please don’t be me! Please don’t be me!

 

     “Our new transfer student! Yoon Bomin!”

 

 

 

 

     …. You have got to be kidding me!

 

 

     My mouth and eyes shoot wide open as I try to comprehend why he would do this.

     I snap back to reality when I notice a light was flashing on me and Chanyeol and Sehun were smiling at me and pushing me to go on stage. They were saying “Way to go Bomin!” and patting my back.

 

     “Come on up Bomin!” the president says with a big smile.

     I glare at him while I put on a fake smile. I’m gonna kill him…

     It was really awkward walking up there. Only a few people were clapping because nobody really knows me. I only know my roommates and Baekho’s. I meet a few other students at the camping trip, but that was it.

     Then there are the people that are glaring at me… clearly they are not happy that I am number 1. I probably bumped them down on the list… this is exactly the type of attention I wanted to avoid!

 

     I walk up the steps and slowly make my way towards the center. Once I am right next to him he throws his arm around my shoulder.

     “Number 1!” he yells and starts rubbing my head... which makes me panic just a little considering I am wearing a wig and it could come off!

     I swear he is trying to get me caught.

 

     I finally release myself from him and check to make sure my wig was still intact.

 

     “Now a few words from number 1!” he says and pushes me in front of the mic.

     “Um…” I didn’t know what to say. It was really hard to find words when you’re being glared at from at least half of the school.

 

     “…H-hello!” I say and force a smile. “I-I’m Yoon Bomin… Let’s have a good school year!” I say trying to lighten the mood.

     No one responds except for Chanyeol who gives woo from the back. At least someone doesn’t want to kill me…

     I step aside and the president continues speaking.  I start to leave the stage and happen to catch Baekhyun’s gaze. He was looking at me with furrowed brows which for some reason made me even more upset with this whole situation… why is he upset?

     …does he hate me now too?

 


 

Baekhyun

Seriously what the hell is my dad thinking?! What’s the point of allowing her into the school if he is just going to put her on the chopping block like that?

I sigh deeply trying to understand why he would do that.

He must know that at least a quarter of the students will try to harm her to get her out… and if they find out she’s a girl, they might do something worse.

I can tell she’s thinking the same thing as she leaves the stage. I furrow my eyebrows as I watch her face show some fear. She happens to look at me and I can see her expression get worse.

I sigh again when she looks away. I need to stay close so that nothing bad will happen.

 


 

Bomi POV

     I get back in formation and get a thumbs up from Chanyeol and Sehun… I am so glad they are my roommates.

 

     The ceremony ends and immediately everyone starts talking and messing around.

     A few people bump into me, which I expect to be on purpose, but to my surprise I got approached by quite a few people asking me to join their clubs, or help them to do their homework when they need it. Even sports teams came up to me asking to join. They said they could use someone with brains on their team.

 

     Baekho came to congratulate me too, which honestly made me really happy.

     “Good job Bomin!” he says.

     “Thank you.” I say.

     “Well, well, I thought you were an idiot girly. But I guess not.” JR says with a smile. I glare at him and he just continues smiling.

     “I’m not girly…” I mumble.

     “Hot and smart! Jackpot!” Aron says and attempts to hug me but Chanyeol kicks his shins and he backs away yelping.

     “ert…” Chanyeol says shaking his head.

     “I’m bored let’s go.” Ren says and walks away. Baekho smiles at me again and immediately follows. JR ruffles my wig hair and walks away.

     I once again panic and check my wig. I definatly need to just cut my hair so I don’t have wear it anymore…

     Aron makes one last attempt to hug me but fails again.

 

     It’s nice to know that not everyone will be out to get me but, I still notice those who glare at me as they walk past.

     I’m not really bothered by them though… I got those often at my old school… I’m used to glares and shoving…

 

     “Hey Bomin!”

     I turn and see Suho, D.O., Kai and Baekhyun walking towards us. They were all smiling except for Baekhyun. I quickly change my gaze to someone else. For some reason I feel uncomfortable when looking at him.

 

     “Why didn’t you tell us you were that smart?” Suho asks with a smile.

     “I thought you knew.” I say and smile back. He laughs.

     “You can help Chanyeol with his homework then, he’ll need it.” Kai says with a smirk.

     “Yah! What’s that supposed to mean?!” Chanyeol yells defensively. “I don’t need help! I’m smart!” he yells and pouts.

     “That’s why you always pester us to help you?” Sehun asks.

     “That’s! … I… I was just testing to see if you guys knew what you were doing!” he yells.

     “Oh sure!” Sehun says sarcastically and we all laugh.

     “Whatever! I’m smart!” he yells and walks away.

     “Oh come on! It was a joke!” Kai yells after him. Chanyeol turns around and melongs before continuing to walk away.

 


 

     A week has gone by and to my surprise it wasn’t that bad. Besides the occasional push and shove and dirty notes on my desk and in my locker, it was fun. Most of the people I met are really nice.

     Guys really talk about the weirdest things though, it’s so funny!

 

     The atmosphere between me and Baekhyun is still tense but for some reason he always wants to know what I’m doing. Whenever I’m going somewhere he asks me where I’m going and sometimes he would go with me. But we don’t talk much. He just quietly walks next to me.

     He always seems distracted too. It’s like he was waiting for something to happen. When I tried asking him what’s wrong he would just smile and say nothing.

     I feel like I should fix the atmosphere between us… but I’m not sure how to do it…

 


 

No one’s POV

     They were all relaxing in the living room and watching TV when Bomi receives a call.

     Baekhyun watched her with curiosity as she got up and went over to the desks.

 

     “Hello?”

     “Eunji!” she says excitedly. The rest look at her curious.

     “You’re here?!” She asks shocked.

     “Okay stay right there I’ll go meet you.” she hangs up the phone with a smile and goes to put her shoes on.

 

     “Who was that Bomin?” Chanyeol asks.

     “My friend, she came to visit me!” she says and leaves.

 

     “Friend?” He asks and then suddenly gets up and puts his shoes on too. Everyone else follows.

 


 

     “Eunji!” Bomi yells and runs towards her waiting friend who had a smile on her face.

     Bomi hugs her and jumps up and down in happiness.

 


 

     “What’s going on?” Chanyeol asks as they all hide behind a wall spying on them.

     “What do you think, obviously it’s his girlfriend.” Sehun says.

     “What?!” he yells and instantly gets slapped as they duck down.

 


 

     “What was that?” Eunji asks looking in their direction. Bomi turns around and sees nothing. She laughs and turns back to Eunji.

     “Who knows, it’s a school full of boys.” She says and they both laugh.

 


 

     “Yah Chanyeol! We almost got caught!” Suho hisses.

     “Yeah! Try to keep your jealousy to yourself!” Sehun joins in.

     “I’m not jealous! I could have any girl I see! Why would I be jealous of him?!” he hisses back.

     Sehun scoffs.

     “We didn’t say you were jealous of Bomin… clearly it’s the girl.” Sehun whispers.

     “What’s that supposed to mean?!” he yells.

     “Shut up!” Sehun hisses and slaps Chanyeol in the back of the head again. “They’re gonna hear you idiot!”

     “Oh right…” Chanyeol says and they peek over the wall again. He narrows his eyes when he sees them laughing at something… What’s so funny? He thinks as he narrows his eyes more.

 


 

     “Let’s go get some lunch!” Eunji says and holds out her hand.

     “Neh!” Bomi responds and takes it and they walk happily away.

 


 

      Chanyeol clenches his fists.

     “Let’s follow!” he says and runs out from behind the wall and follows.

     “Yah!” D.O. yells after him.

     “We should follow before he does something stupid.” Kai says and follows after him. The rest agree and follow too.

 


 

 

Hope you liked the chapter!

Leave some feedback!

Subscribe if you like it!