Worried

Hush EXO Academy

 

Bomi POV

     The only good thing about this beauty pageant is that I’m not going to have to do it alone. My lovely roommates neglected to tell me that they would be on stage with me too. I guess they go on the stage and then I enter last. It is the official opening to the group competitions.

 

     I realized today the some of these people will do anything to win… I’ve already had about three buckets of water poured on me from windows above… I’ve learned to just avoid windows that are above me from now on. I really don’t understand why they do that. Water isn’t exactly going to stop me from entering.

     Despite all that, the festival going on was fun. The school is open to the public and other schools. Even the girls’ schools were invited which I thought was strange considering the mobs that form by them but no such things happened.

     Chanyeol told me that two years ago was the first time they did that and it was hell, but when one of the boys they were fawning over got hurt because of them all the girls came to a truce that they wouldn’t go crazy during events like this, which makes me feel very grateful.

 

     The only thing that worries me is that Baekhyun has been gone all day. But then again maybe I am just being selfish because I want someone who knows about me here. I would stick around with Baekho but technically today we’re rivals. And I couldn’t ask him to help me over Ren, who is also going to dress up as the girl for the pageant… secretly I hope Ren wins so no one suspects me.

 

*BEEP!*

 

     “Bomin!” Kai yells and grabs my arm and pulls me back. My heart practically stops after being shocked at almost getting hit by some van.

     “Watch where you’re walking you little !” the guy in the van yells, the guy in the passenger’s seat starts laughing. I glare at him as he continues to drive. I scoff and watch him go.

     “What the hell?! He’s the idiot! Who the drives on a sidewalk?!” I vent. Normally I don’t cuss but my adrenaline is still pumping from almost getting hit.

 

     “Forget about it Bomin. He’s just an .”

     I look at Kai surprised.

     “I didn’t even know you could cuss.”

     “What?” he asks and laughs. “Who can’t cuss?”

     “What I meant was that you never say bad words.”

     “Neither do you.”

     “Well… well I almost got hit by him I think it’s pretty reasonable.”

     “Yeah well I was pissed that he almost hit you and called you a little , so it’s pretty reasonable for me too.”

     My face goes red as I try to make up a response but I get cut off by something that scared me more than the van.

 

 

     “Haha! I know right?!”

 

     I instantly freeze and turn around… what am I going to do?

 


 

No one's POV

     Kai looks to where she was looking at and gets shocked himself. He looks at Bomi and furrows his brows.

 

 

     “By the way who was that girl running with Baekhyun the other day?”

     “I don’t know I didn’t see her face.”

     “Chorong you must be pissed.”

     “Why should I be?”

     Her two friends scoff and roll their eyes.

     “Suzy, you should have seen it the other day, Chorong looked like she was going start on fire.

     “Really?” she says in an uncaring manner.

 

 

     Kai quickly composes himself.

     “Bomin, how about we go get ice cream?” he asks.

     “I-Ice cream? Y-Yeah! Ice cream sounds good!” She says and hurriedly starts walking. Kai looks back to make sure they didn’t see them and quickly catches up to Bomi.

 

 

     “Hey Suzy, are we going to greet your brother?”

     “Yeah, I’m sure Kai would like to hear from his sister.” The two girls say while smirking. Suzy scoffs.

     “You guys just want an excuse to talk to him.” The girls instantly stop smirking. “Give it up girls, you are definitely not his type.” She says and walks ahead. The girls scoff and glare.

     “Why does she have to be such a ?”

     “I know! I wish I could just pop that ego of hers!”

 

     “Suzy, why are you so mean to them?”

     “What? They only like him because he suddenly changed his appearance. Everyone made fun of him and avoided him when he had long hair that covered his face and those thick glasses. Now that he’s attractive they all like him. None of them even knew it was him, and some still don’t even know that he is Jongin. It’s not my fault that they are shallow es!”

     Chorong scoffs.

     “What about Bomi?” she asks. Suzy stops walking.

     “Bomi?”

     “Yeah, she was always nice to your brother.” Suzy sighs and looks at her.

     “Yeah, and?” she asks annoyed.

     “If she liked Kai would you let her?”

     “No, I wouldn’t.”

     “Why not?”

     “You know why!”

     “Yeah, you say Bomi did and said a lot of bad things but, you’re the only one that seems to have witnessed such things.”

     “Are you saying I’m a liar?”

     “No, I’m saying that there could have been a misunderstanding.”

     “Well there wasn’t!” Suzy says and storms off and starts biting her nails and blinking rapidly from being nervous.

 


 

Bomi POV

     I should have known some of them would be here. How could I be so careless?

     Those girls went to my middle school with me. We used to be friends until they back stabbed me and caused my school life to be unpleasant.

     Suzy was the meanest of them all. She was so manipulative and everyone believed her lies so easily. Even the guy I liked believed it.

     By the time middle school was over I learned to never get too close to people. Maybe that’s why I find Baekho so amazing. He has the ability to love someone so much and never let anything get in the way of those feelings. It was something I couldn’t do.

 

 

     “What flavor?” Kai asks with a smile.

     “Strawberry!” I answer with a smile.

     We get our ice cream and sit at a table.

 

     “You know Kai, you seem so familiar. You remind me of someone I went to middle school with.” He freezes a bit from shock.

     “R-Really?” He asks trying to play dumb.

     “Yeah, but he was really quiet and kept to himself. I don’t think I ever really saw his face once though because his hair and glasses covered it, but he was really nice.” Bomi sighs and looks at her ice cream. “I wish I could meet him again and say thank you.”

     Kai looks up at her with confusion.

     “Why?”

     Bomi smiles softly.

     “He was one of the few people that really… supported me.” She says not wanting to tell him about her past school life. “It was surprising that he was so nice to me for certain reasons but, I felt like we had a lot in common. So it was nice.” She says and smiles wider.

     Kai smiles also. He wanted to thank her too but he didn’t want to reveal that he was that awkward boy.

 


 

     “It starts in an hour, where is Baekhyun?”

     “Don’t worry, he’ll be here guys.”

 

     We were all in our assigned classroom getting ready. The boys were already dressed before I came in which was relief. Chanyeol was doing my makeup (Which he was really good at) with a big smile on his face. He is much too excited about this whole thing.

 

     “Okay I’m done!” Chanyeol yells happily. They all look at me with a smile, which was creeping me out.

     “We are so going to win!” D.O says.

     I smile and try not to feel nervous.

     “Okay guys let’s leave him to get dressed.” Suho says and stands up.

     “Why do we have to leave?” Chanyeol asks.

     “Because I said so, let’s go.” He says as they all start leaving. Chanyeol gives a confused expression and follows. Thank god Suho so courteous.

 

     I grab the bag that had the clothes Baekhyun got me in it and looked at them. Maybe I should have bought clothes to wear for this instead of the ones he bought me.

 

     Just then someone walked in. I look up and see Baekhyun walking towards me already dressed for the pageant.

 

     “Sorry I’m late, couldn’t decide which one to get.” He says and hands me a bag.

     “Everyone was worried about you, where were you?” I ask without looking in it.

    “Just open the bag!” he says and sits in one of the chairs. I sigh and look in it to see girl clothes. I look back up at him.

     “What’s this?” I ask and pull it out. My mouth goes wide open when I see the sparkly white dress. I look at him again. “What…” before I could say anything he grabs the other bag.

     “I decided I didn’t want anyone to see you in these clothes but me.”

     “What?” I ask but he quickly stands and heads towards the door.

     “Hurry up and change.” he says and starts to walks out.

 

     “I thought you weren’t going to come.” I say but wondering why I did. Baekhyun turns to me and smiles.

     “I wouldn’t let you do this by yourself. I’ll always be there for you, I promise. I’ll be outside.”

 

     He leaves as I try to get my heart beating again. What the hell just happened to me?

 


 

     I stand in front of the mirror shocked. This dress is just absolutely beautiful.

     I try to take it all in because I doubt I will ever get the chance to wear something so pretty again.

     I walk over to the door and take a deep breath. I walk out and look from side to side. Where did he go?

     After a few second I head towards the gym where the other are. He probably went there.

 

    “Bomin!” I hear Chanyeol yell as I watch all of their mouths drop and eyes widen. If I wasn’t already nervous, I am now.

 

     “Damn Bomin, are you sure you’re not a girl?” JR asks. It’s just my luck that they were next to our group for the pageant. I look at Baekho and he was smiling I give him a smile and look at Ren who was freaking beautiful! And maybe it was just me but I see him give me a smile before looking away.

     “Shut up JR! Are you sure Ren’s not a girl?” Chanyeol says to him.

     “Want me to show you whether I’m a man or not?” Ren asks to him with a glare.

     “No!”

 

     “Pretty.”

     Everyone looks at Minhyun shocked. He never talks let alone hand out compliments.

     “T-Thank you.” Bomi says.

     “Man! Even Snake Eyes over here can’t help it! Cause damn you look fine! Let’s find a closet! I don’t give a anymore!” Aron yells and tries to hug me. I get ready to punch him but don’t need to because Kai pushes him away and pulls me over.

     “Why do you all have to me?!”

     “Shut up!” JR says and hits him on his head.

 

     “Where’s Baekhyun?” I ask.

     “Not here, I don’t think he is going to come Bomin. Sorry, something must have come up.” Suho says.

     “You didn’t see him?” I ask confused.

     “We haven’t seen him all day.”

     “But, he just brought me this dress.” I say wondering if they were playing a joke.

     “Wait, so he did come?” Sehun asks.

     “Yeah, he told me he would wait outside, but he wasn’t there so I thought he came here.”

     “Hold on I’ll try calling him.” Suho says as the rest look confused. “He’s not answering.”

     I furrow my eyebrows. Where did he go? Did something happen?

 

 

     The pageant seems like it’s taking forever, but that’s probably because I want it to be over with so I can find out where Baekhyun is.

 


   

No one's POV

     “Hey, isn’t that Bomi?” one of the girls asks.

     “How can that be Bomi? It’s a guy cross dressing!” Chorong says like she’s stupid.

     “Okay, well he really looks like her!” Chorong watches as she walks down the runway nervously. She couldn’t help but think the same thing. He really did look like her.

 

 

     “Okay! Now is the time to announce the winners!” He unfolds the paper. “Dorm 13 wins! The winner would have been dorm 12 but since all the members aren’t here, they were disqualified!”

     Any happy expressions that were on Baekho’s, Ren’s, Aron’s, JR’s and Minhyun’s faces immediately stopped. The announcer tried to give them a trophy but JR wouldn’t take it.

     “We don’t want a half assed award, give it to third place!” he says and they all start to leave the stage as everyone else tries to figure out what was going on.

     “Wait, uh…” The announcer wasn’t sure what to do.

     “Haha, we gladly accept!” Jokwon says and grabs the trophy as his roommates cheer.

 


 

Bomi POV

     Baekhyun never showed up, and it was making me very worried. Why would he say he would be here and then suddenly leave? There is definitely something wrong.

 

     “Don’t worry Bomin, there must be a reason for him not to come.”

     “He told me for sure he would be there. I think something else is going on.”

     “Like what?”

     “I don’t know but it’s making me feel uneasy.” I say.

     “I to feel that it’s strange, but all we can do is wait to hear from him.”

 

     “Where the hell is Baekhyun?” JR asks pissed.

     “If we knew that would we be in this situation?”

     “Well I’m pissed!”

     “What does it matter? The results wouldn’t have changed even if he was here! You still wouldn’t have won!”

     “I’d rather lose than be told I won only because someone wasn’t here!”

 

     “Hey, where’s Bomin?”

 


 

     I go back to the room and change out of my dress and into regular clothes. I head towards the dorms to see if that’s where Baekhyun went.

     As I leave the building I see a bag lying on the ground. I walk over and my heart immediately sinks when I see the clothes BaekHyun bought me on the ground.

     He wouldn’t just leave this here. Something must have happened to him.

     I decided to go to his dad’s office because I have a bad feeling about this.

 

     “Cap!” I yell and barge in. There were a few other people in his office with serious expressions.

     “Can you give us a minute?” he asks the men, they bow and leave the room.

     “Cap, I think something happened to Baekhyun.” I say and before I could say anymore he sighs deeply. I furrow my eyebrows. “What’s going on?” I ask fearing the answer.

 

 

      “He’s been kidnapped.”

 

 

 


a/n: I had Aron refer Minhyun as Snake Eyes(from G.I. Joe) because Snake Eyes never talks like minhyuns character.

 

Hope you liked the chapter!
Leave some feedback!
Subscribe if you like it!