Mustache

Hush EXO Academy

 

No one’s POV

Bomi comes out of the bathroom, hair still damp and walks to the kitchen where Yongguk is cooking dinner. She smiles and takes a long sniff of the delicious smelling food.

He hears her move a chair and turns around.

“Almost done.” He says and points at the food with a smile. She smiles back.

As he places the food on the table she thinks about Baekhyun.

 

“What did you guys talk about?” She asks.

“Who?” he asks as if he doesn’t know who she is talking about. She sighs.

“Baekhyun.”

“Is that his name?”

“Oppa.” She says with a serious tone. He sighs and looks at her.

“Nothing.” He responds.

“You weren’t mean to him were you?” She asks with worry.

“I don’t want to talk about that boy.” He says and sits down with a sigh.

“I do.”

“Fine, you want to talk about him? Tell me about him.” He says with a hint of anger. She knows that he really doesn’t want to hear anything about him but she doesn’t want Yongguk to misunderstand him.

“He’s nice and gentle. He’s stern and considerate. Friendly and funny… he’s a lot like you.”

“He’s nothing like me.”

“That’s because you don’t know him.” Yongguk scoffs and shakes his head. She continues. “He’s not afraid to yell at me if I’ve done something dangerous. When the entire school found out that I was 1st in academics he was worried that someone would try to hurt me and pick on me so even though we had a fight he stayed by my side constantly so nothing would happen. Even though he has to worry about crazy fan girls and being kidnapped every day he still thinks about everyone else first. He was kidnapped last week and even though he was about to be killed he still only thought about me and yelled at me to run away.”

He looks at her with complete shock.

“You were kidnapped!” he yells, worry ridden in his voice.

“No he was… I found out where they took him and went to save him.”

“You what?! What the hell were you thinking?!!!”

“I was thinking about saving my friend when he was in danger.”

“You must have lost your mind! How could you just run into danger like that?!”

“I probably did lose my mind… that’s how worried I was about his safety.” He furrows his brow. “I felt like I couldn’t breathe and I cried, and panicked… and worried, a lot.”

“Stop.” He says and rubs his temple. “This proves my point even more that you can’t stay there. It’s obviously more dangerous than I thought.”

“He made me promise to never do that again… so you don’t have to worry.” She says neglecting to tell him that she crossed her fingers when making the promise.

“No, I do have to worry. Anyone that’s out to hurt him will hurt the people around him.”

“I’ll be fine.”

“I’m ending this discussion. You’re not going back to that school. Now eat.” He orders and starts shoving food in his mouth. “Not to mention the obvious feelings you have for him that you don’t even seem to notice.” He scoffingly mumbles. “No way am I letting sleep in the same dorm with those feelings. Especially since his are the same.”

“What do you mean? What feelings?” She asks confused. He looks at her in disbelief and scoffs.

“Exactly.” He sighs and continues to eat. She wants to continue but decides it is probably better to attempt it another time.

She knows that telling him all of that just made things worse but she didn’t want to lie to him. If she hides anything then it will only be worse when he finds out later.

“I’m going to look up some schools tomorrow. I know you don’t want to go to your old school so I won’t tell you to go back there but there are other good schools that you can get into easily. Also…” he continues talking as she listens. She sighs and tries to think of a way for him to understand that she will be fine.

 


 

 

Everyone’s asleep except Baekhyun who is sitting on the bottom bunk with his face in his hands.

He couldn’t sleep with the thoughts of Bomi sleeping at his house ringing through his head like a never ending alarm. And if they are dating like he worries then they might be sleeping in the same bed which made his chest pang with anxiety and jealousy.

He just sorted out his feeling for her when she saved him and now she might have a boyfriend? That thought was too much for him to handle.

And Chanyeol’s snoring wasn’t helping anything. Also he kept mumbling in his sleep like, “I can protect you!” and “You’re a guy what’s wrong with me!”…. anyways he was doing that for a good 10 minutes.

 

Just as he was about to climb back up to his bed the door opens. Bomi tip toes in and his eyes go wind in shock.

“Bomi.”

She jumps, clutching her chest before sighing.

“You scared me.” She mumbles breathlessly.

“You’re here.” He can barely believing it. He wonders if maybe he’s imagining her.

“Yeah I snuck out when he was sleeping, and let me tell you, it was not easy. He was sleeping on the couch so it was hard to tip toe past him.” She chuckles.

He sighs in relief because the worries he had about them sleeping in the same bed get thrown out the window.

“But, he’s always been a heavy sleeper so I knew I could do it.” She laughs and all the recently abandoned worries come flooding to him again. The fact that she knows his sleeping habits swirl in his head. Once again jealousy hits him.

 

“Bomi.” He says softly. She looks at him.

“Yeah?” She notices the worried expression on his face.

“What is he to you?” He wipes his hands on his sweatpants nervously, not being able to look her in the eye.

“Huh?” she asks not really understanding the question. He sighs and looks at her.

“Is he your boyfriend?” He decides to get to the point and ask. While waiting for her response he kept begging over and over in his head for her to say no.

 

“No.” she says with a confused voice.

A wave of relief washes over his entire body when he hears her say that. His legs even go a bit wobbly. Words can’t even explain how relieved he is.

He takes a long breathe and sighs with a small smile. She still looks at him confused.

“Why? Did he say something weird to you? He wasn’t rude was he?” She asks with worry.

“No sorry… it’s nothing, he just suspected me to be a sick ert and threatened me to never call you again.” He doesn’t mean to be smiling right now but with the knowledge that they aren’t dating circulating through his body, nothing can stop him from smiling right now.

“Oh my god.” She says and face palms. “I am so sorry… I asked him not to be rude.” She mumbles apologetically.

“It’s fine.” He laughs and suddenly brings her into a hug.

“W-what are you doing?” She asks nervously as he turns back and forth and sways while hugging her, causing her to blush uncontrollably

“I just felt like it.” He says and places his chin on her shoulder.

She gulps harshly and tries to control whatever it is she’s feeling. She couldn’t understand why his hug felt so drastically different than Chanyeol’s or her dads or Eunji’s or anyone for that matter.

“O-ok!” She nervously shrugs herself from his embrace. “That’s enough hugging for the night… I-I’m going to bed.” She quickly goes to her bed and immediately throws the covers on her and faces the wall. He smiles at her and climbs up to his own bed.

“Goodnight Bomi.” He says and starts messaging his cheeks that were sore from smiling.

“G-goodnight.” She mumbles and stares at the walls with her eyes wide open. She starts fanning herself with her hand trying to get rid of the heat emanating from her face.

She can still feel the sensation of the hug and it keeps rerunning in her head over and over again.

 


 

 

Bomi POV

In the morning I decide to tell Baekhyun everything since he hounded me.

“Yeah he told me he was going to pull you out too.” He says with a sigh.

“I don’t know what to do. He’s really serious, I think he would even reveal my secret if it meant getting me away from this school.”

“We’ll figure out something.” He says and fixes a piece of my hair. I clear my throat awkwardly and smile slightly.

“I know it’s probably a burden to you but I’m glad you know my secret.”

“It’s not a burden at all. I’m glad I know it too.” he says and smiles. As he continues to smile at me images of him hugging me last night flood my mind. I can feel my face heating up.

I feel grateful that my phone starts ringing because I can’t handle whatever this feeling is.

 

“He keeps calling huh?”

“Yeah, he must be so angry. He’s probably at the school right now looking around.” I sigh. I have never treated him like this before so it makes me feel bad but I’m hoping it will show him how serious I am.

“Don’t worry about it.”

I smile at him and nod my head.

 


 

 

No one’s POV

“There!” Baekhyun exclaims and clamps his hands together in accomplishment. “He won’t recognize you like this!”

Bomi stares at him through the mirror skeptically.

“This .” She mumbles bluntly and glances back at the fake mustache he made her put on.

“What are you talking about?” He asks with confusion.

“I mean, there is no way this is going to work.” She half laughs and wiggles her lips a bit, watching it move. She looks back at Baekhyun who suddenly starts laughing hysterically. “What?” She laughingly asks and hits him.

“You’re so cute!” He says between laughs and starts mimicking her lip movement. She hits him again then turns back to the mirror and sighs.

“This isn’t working.” She rips it off and was about to throw it away when he stops her.

“Just try it.” He mischievously smiles and puts it back on.

 

“What…. Are you doing?” Chanyeol asks, walking out from the bathroom.

“Uhhh…” She was trying to think of an excuse for her having to be cautious but Baekhyun does it for her.

“His brother visited yesterday and is trying to take him out of the school so we are disguising him until we can figure out a way to stop him.”

“Why? Does he not like the school?”

“Oh... Well he just thinks it would be better if I went to a school where there are girls also.” Bomi says and Baekhyun looks at her with a “nice thinking” expression.

Chanyeol stares at her expressionless.

“That’s right… maybe that’s what I need too.” They look at him in confusion as he seems to go into his own little world. “Yeah! I’m just confused because of the lack of girls!” He says with a smile. Suddenly he runs over to Bomi. “We should go on a group date with some girls! Get out of the sausage fest for a while! What do you say Bomin?” he asks enthusiastically and grabs her shoulders in excitement.

“Uhh… Yeah sure! Let’s do it!” Bomi says with a slight blush from the sausage fest reference. She wasn’t really interested but it was a good opportunity to solidify her cover. “Chanyeol?” She asks when he doesn’t respond at all. His face seemed to be frozen in a creepy smile. She notices his hands slightly shake. “Are you okay?” She asks and he suddenly snaps out of his petrified state.

“You’re a guy! Grabbing your shoulders does nothing to me at all!” he starts laughing.

“What?” She asks confused as she and Baekhyun stare at him in confusion.

“Okay! Let’s do it! Yeah! Wooo!” he starts cheering and quickly runs from the room. Bomi laughs as Baekhyun stares at the door still confused.

“He is sure excited.” She says with a laugh.

 


 

“Ok, so do you guys get the plan? His brother can’t notice him.”

“Yeah but it would help if we knew what he looked like.” Kyungsoo adds.

“Ah… that’s right…” Baekhyun’s mumbles with a stumped expression. Bomi quickly pulls out her phone.

“Here’s his picture.” She says and holds the phone up for them. Everyone crowds around the small screen accept for Baekhyun. He sighs and half glares at the phone as she flips through the pictures of Yongguk. He was not liking the fact that she has his pictures so readily on her phone when she doesn’t have even one picture of him.

He sighs again and looks elsewhere. His eyes land on Kai who also was not looking at the pictures. He suddenly remembers that Kai and Bomi used to go to another school together so undoubtedly he already knows what Yongguk looks like.

Then he remembers the fact that Bomi said Kai was pretty much her first crush. He sighs in disapproval and ruffles his hair.

“Isn’t he handsome?” She asks them as they look at the pictures. “My hyung is the most handsome hyung ever!” She brags and Baekhyun scoffs. She starts talking more about him and he grows even more jealous.

“Ok.” He suddenly snatches her phone. “That should be good enough.” He hands her phone back to her… well more like throws, and opens the door roughly to leave. She looks at him questioningly but decides to let it go.

 

 

 


 

 

 

Hope you liked the chapter!

Leave some feedback!

Subscribe if you like it!