Ultimatum

Hush EXO Academy

 

 

No ones POV

Silence consumes the room after she leaves. Aron looks around the room at everyone’s sullen faces.

“Now look at what you’ve all done. You’ve upset him.” He jokes to lighten the mood. Suho looks at him unamused.

“Aron. Do even know how to be serious just once? Is everything always have to be a constant joke to you?” Suho asks. Aron stops smiling.

“I was just…”

“I don’t care.” Suho interrupts coldly. Aron stares for few seconds before leaving the room. Suho closes his eyes while sighing. After a few seconds he follows after.

Once again the room is filled with silence.

“We shouldn’t have fought.” Sehun mumbles as everyone continues to stare aimlessly around the room.

Baekhyun curses under his breathe and runs out of the dorm after her.

“Do you think his brother will take him?” Chanyeol asks, concerned.

“Probably. Did you see his expression?” JR says and plops down on the couch. The room goes into silence again. Baekho sighs sadly and grabs Ren’s arm and lays his head on his shoulder. Ren side glances at him and sighs.

 

 

“Bomin!” Baekhyun yells as she walks towards the gates. She doesn’t respond so he runs faster and grabs her hand. “Bomi.”

“Go back Baekhyun.” She says quietly. He sighs and forcers her to turn around and look at him.

“I’ll come with you.”

“No. I need to talk seriously with him and I can’t do that if you are there.”

Baekhyun knows she is right. But he’s afraid. He’s afraid she won’t come back.

“I’ll see you later.” She gives him a warm smile that sends butterflies through his chest. He slowly lets go of her hand and watches her distancing figure.

 

 


 

Bomi POV

I nervously walk towards the gates not knowing really what I’m going to say to him. I try to ignore the tingling sensation in my hand as I see Yongguk in the distance leaning on the wall.

“Oppa.” I say cautiously and quietly. He looks at me with no expression. No smiles like he usually gives me and no angry ones despite how I treated him.  He sighs and starts walking without saying a word. I follow after.

 

He leads me to a quiet park and we sit on a bench.

“You’re not going to give up are you?” He asks after minutes of silence.

“No.”

“Why is this so important to you?”

“I’ve been offered the best opportunity I will ever have. Not only am I going to one of the most prestigious schools in the world but I will also get to go to college completely free. Living expenses and all.”

“It’s an all-boys school Bomi. That alone should tell you this offer that boy’s father gave you is too good to be true. Have you ever thought about what employers would think when seeing you graduated from an all-boys school? You aren’t thinking Bomi.”

“I’m sure he has a plan.”

“That’s my problem! What is his plan? What exactly is he playing at?!”

“Oppa. Do you think I’m an idiot?

“I don’t know anymore.” He says. I look at him with furrowed brows feeling slightly hurt.

“I’m not an idiot.” I say quietly. “And neither is my Dad. You seem to forget he also agreed to this.”

“I don’t know what could have possibly possessed him to agree. Was it the money?”

“Oppa!” I say once again feeling hurt. He notices my expression and sighs.

“I’m sorry.” He pats my head. “I know it wasn’t like that. I’m just frustrated.” He sighs. A silence consumes us and it has to be minutes before either one of us speaks.

 “Accept the job.”

“What?”

“You were offered a job right? Accept it. Then you can be at the school with me. You can see that it’s not a bad place.”

More minutes of silence pass before he responds.

“I don’t have a choice do I?” He asks. “You’ve become too stubborn.” He says with a smile. It’s not a very sincere smile but I smile back.

 

 

 

As we walk back to the school I feel like a heavy weight has been lifted off my back. I honestly thought it was going to take longer to convince him. It’s as if he already gave in before I called him.

I hear Yongguk scoff and I look up to see Baekhyun just inside the gates sitting on a bench. I guess he waited.

We walk past the group of girls just outside the gates squealing and taking pictures of him, and walk up to him. He sees us and instantly goes wide eyed and stands up.

“Those girls are annoying.” Yongguk comments before continuing to walk. Baekhyun grabs my arm slightly and gives me a questioning look, but when the girls squeal louder at that movement he lets go and we follow after Yongguk.

When we reach quieter place he stops walking and looks at Baekhyun.

“I’ve decided to let her stay.”

Baekhyun’s eyes go wide and a smile surfaces.

“If… you don’t have any romantic feelings for her.” He serves the ultimatum and Baekhyun stops smiling.

“Oppa.” I hiss feeling embarrassed. Yongguk ignores me and continues to stare Baekhyun down.

“Why? Can’t do it?” He asks and I shake my head feeling more embarrassed. Baekhyun sighs.

“I don’t.” He responds expressionless “The only feelings I have, are of friendship or siblings.” Yongguk looks at him like he doesn’t believe him but nods anyways. I smile slightly but for some reason feel… bothered? I don’t know what it is that I’m feeling but I push it out because I get to stay at this school and I am happy.

“Make sure it stays that way.”

 

 


 

No one’s POV

Yongguk reluctantly sends Bomi and Baekhyun on their way saying he would accept the job offer in the morning and would check in frequently. He also tells Baekhyun that is he tries anything he would beat the crap out of him along with many other threats.

Bomi couldn’t stop smiling as they arrive back at the dorm.

“You can stay?” Chanyeol asks excitedly. Bomi nods and everyone either sighs or cheers. In Chanyeol’s case he picks her up and spins, which doesn’t last long as a result of him getting nervous so he quickly puts her down, then starts ranting about going on that group date with some girls. Bomi nods reluctantly and wishing he forgot about that. It’s hard enough tricking a bunch of guys into thinking you’re a guy let alone convincing some girls you’re a guy too.

Baekho lets go of Ren and hugs Bomi tightly.

“I’m happy you’re staying.” He says. Bomi smiles. She smiles even more when she catches a quick flash of what looks like jealousy from Ren. It didn’t last long but Bomi was sure it was jealousy.

“Well, if the drama is finally over, I’m leaving. Ren says and goes to leave. Baekho quickly says bye to Bomi and follows after. She sighs as they leave and hopes Baekho will succeed in getting Ren.

 

 

 

Later as they lay in their beds, Chanyeol already in a deep sleep. Bomi and Baekhyun are still awake, thinking about everything that happened.

“Bomi?” Baekhyun says in the darkness.

“Yeah?” She responds.

“About what we were talking about, about Yongguk being right.” He says nervously and it takes a few seconds for her to understand what he’s talking about.

“Yeah?”

“I have feelings for you.”

“What?”

“I like you. A lot.”

Her eyes slowly go from confusion to shock as she tries to fully process what he just told her.

“What?” She responds not knowing what to say really. “But… You said…”

“If I told the truth, he wouldn’t have let you stay. I don’t feel comfortable lying to you so… I like you.”

“I…” She was beyond shocked and beyond nervous and had no idea what she was supposed to say. What do people say in these situations? Then again… who else is even in this situation? Posing as a boy in an all-boys school, sleeping in an all-boys dorm, and a roommate confesses that he likes you, and that roommate is the school’s owner’s son…

Baekhyun laughs which interrupts her thoughts.

“Don’t feel like you have to respond. I know fully well that dating is the last thing on your mind. You don’t have to say anything and I don’t expect anything. I just wanted you to know.”

She sighs in relief and hope what he says is true. The last thing she needs right now is an awkward relationship with the only one she can speak to about things in the school.

“Yongguk is smart.” She says and Baekhyun scoffs.

“Man, I just confess to you and you talk nicely about another guy in return?” He laughs.

“That’s not… What I meant, is that he probably knows you were lying to him.”

“I know.”

“What?”

“I could tell he didn’t believe me, but all he wanted was for you to hear it. For you to think I didn’t like you that way. I was going to go along with it but… I don’t easily do what others tell me to so, I told you.”

She doesn’t respond. As she stares up at Chanyeol’s bed, she wonders why her heart is beating so quickly. Her face was warm too. She takes a deep breath and concludes she probably won’t be getting any sleep tonight.

“If you can’t sleep you can come up here and we can cuddle.” He says as if he could read her mind and if her face wasn’t red before, it is now.

“Baekhyun!” She says probably too loudly and hopes Chanyeol didn’t wake up. Baekhyun laughs to himself as she covers herself in blankets from embarrassment.

 

 

 


 

 

 

Hope you liked the chapter!

Leave some feedback!

Subscribe if you like it!


Can you not slay me, Baekhyun? (You too Sehun...)