Spider

Hush EXO Academy

 

 

No ones POV

“I should have guessed something like this would have happened.” Bomi says while shaking her head.

“Yeah, these situations happen to us a lot.”

Bomi and Baekhyun were trapped in some storage closet after searching around for Chanyeol who ran away from being too scared.

 

“Why did you close the door?” Bomi asks and pouts.

“I didn’t think it would lock.” He says. Actually he was pushed in and someone closed the door behind him. He knew it was his dads doing but he couldn’t tell that to her because she would question him and he didn’t want to tell her it was because he liked her.

He could leave that part out but if he tells her he was pushed in then she might think it was someone trying to harm him and he didn’t want her to think about those types of things.

 

“AAHHHHH~!”

They listen to the people screaming and laughing in the distance.

“It sounds so fun!” Bomi whines impatiently. She sighs and sits on the ground hanging her head.

“Sorry, I know you were excited about this.”

“It’s not your fault. It’s Chanyeol’s.” She says and squints her eyes. “The next time I see him I’ll show him what scary really is!” she says and cracks her knuckles. Baekhyun just stares at her in shock then starts laughing.

“Why are you laughing?” she asks and finds herself laughing too.

“Aigoo you’re so scary!” he mocks and ruffles her hair.

“Yah!” she yells while laughing and pushes his hand away.

 


 

“Why did you want to go to our school?” Baekhyun asks. It’s something he’s been wondering about for a while. “Was your old school not good enough?”

“No… the education was great but… I wasn’t exactly well liked.” She says calmly.

“Why?” he asks in confusion.

“All the people who claimed to be my friends didn’t really feel that way. My intelligence caused some jealousy and I was well liked amongst the boys, until rumors started spreading around about me. There were only two people there who didn’t hate me. Eunji and Jongin.”

Baekhyun’s eyes go wide when he hears Jongin.

“Jongin?”

“Yeah, Kim Jongin. He was bullied a lot too. He always wore big glasses and his hair covered his face. Actually I don’t think I’ve ever truly seen his face. No one was ever nice to him except me. He was so sweet but people never wanted to see that. Even his own sister would ignore him in school.”

Baekhyun leans back on the wall and sighs. Now he knows how Kai knew her.

“It got so bad that he switched schools. I tried contacting him to see if he was doing well but, I could never reach him… I think he just wanted to forget everything and move on.” She sighs and smiles. “I’m sure he’s doing great.”

He wanted to put her mind at ease but then again he didn’t want her to know the Jongin is Kai.

“Anyways, I think I can consider him the last person I’ve had a crush on.” She says and giggles. Baekhyun gets so shocked he starts coughing.

“What?” he asks.

“You sound so shocked!” She says while laughing and pats his back. “He was nice and sweet and charming. I would be crazy not to like him.”

Baekhyun mentally sighs. If she fell for him back then what’s to stop her for falling for him again?

“I just forgot that you were a girl!” he lies. “You eat like a pig and are messy! You’re worse than Suho!” he says and earns a punch from him.

“Yah!”

“What? Am I wrong?!” he asks smugly. Her cheeks pink from being embarrassed.

“I do that on purpose to throw people off!”

“Wah! You sure are shameless!” He says and laughs. She glares at him and crosses her arms. “Aigoo! You’re so cute!” he mocks and pulls on her cheeks.

“Yah!” she yells and squints her eyes. “Stop!” she yells. He lets go and ruffles her hair while laughing. “Eish!” she yells and rubs her cheeks and hair. She pulls out her phone and stares at it.

“WHY CAN’T I GET ANY SERVICE!” she yells causing Baekhyun to jump. “Should we just start screaming for help?” she asks impatiently.

“No one’s going to believe we actually need help and jeez! Did you have to yell so loudly?” he says while rubbing his ears.

“Sorry.” She says while smiling.

“Not feeling the sincerity.”

She shrugs innocently and looks away. He glares at her then smiles from thinking how cute she is.

There were a few moments of silence before Bomi decided to ask.

 


 

Bomi POV

“Why do you never grab your own plate at lunch?”

I stare at him while he sits there not saying anything. After a while I sigh and look away.

“My mom.” He says quietly. I look back at him with raised eyebrows.

“What about her?”

“How she died.”

I don’t know whether I should push on or leave it but, I really want to know. I scoot closer and face him. My knees barely touching his thighs.

“Tell me.” I say quietly and wait for him to respond.

 

“When I was younger I had no problem getting my own food. My mother and I would go to this buffet every week and stuff our faces.” He smiles a little. I do too. “Every Friday, not missing one we would go. We were too predictable. The last Friday we ate there I collected my food and brought it to the table. My mom was talking on the phone so she hadn’t gotten hers yet. I went to the bathroom and when I came out she was collapsed on the table. Later we found out that the food was poisoned.” I feel a shock run through my body… followed by grief.

“It wasn’t meant for her… it was meant for me. They knew I was the only heir and they knew my father couldn’t have any more children. If I died, the companies would go to someone else… if only I hadn’t insisted she go that day; I knew how busy she was. If only I had noticed it was strange we were the only ones in the restaurant. If only…”

“It’s not your fault Baekhyun.” I interrupt and grab his hands. His eyes were watering.                                                                                                                  

“It is.”

“No it’s not. Your mother would have definitely gone that day regardless of you insisting. It was tradition. I may not have known her but I know for sure that she would never blame you or even tolerate you blaming yourself.” I say and hold his hand tighter. I could have never imagined he was going through something like this on his own.

Before I could prevent myself I start crying. I grab his shoulders and pull him towards me into a hug. He slowly lays his head on my shoulder and I rub his back.

“It’s not your fault.” I repeat in a whisper.

 

After a few minutes I open my eyes.

 

“KYAAAAGHH~!” I scream and jump away from him.

“What?!” He yells shocked.

“There was a spider on you! Shake it off!” I scream. He just furrows his eyebrows and shakes uncaringly. I back up even more when I see it fall off of him. He bends down and picks it up. “What are you doing?!!” I yell as he walks over to me with it in his hand and a smile on his face. “Yah!!! GO AWAY!!” I yell and run to the other side.

He starts laughing and throws it at me.

“AHHHH! OMMAAAA!!!!!” I scream and jump around hysterically. Eventually I run over to him and hide behind his back while I hit him.

“Bomi! Ah ha~!” he’s practically dying of laughter while I’m over here suffering from shock. “You… haha!!! This is so funny!! Pwaahaahaha~!” he falls to his knees and holds his stomach in laughter.

“It’s not funny you jerk!!!” I yell.

“Yes…yes it is!” he barely says while wiping the tears from his eyes. Once again he goes and pick it up and shows me. “It’s fake you idiot!” he yells and starts laughing again.

“What?” I ask and he throws it at me again. I scream and jump out of the way.

“Bomi! It’s fake!!” he yells while laughing. I bend down poke it with a pencil that was lying on the ground… and immediately feel like disappearing into a black hole.

I hear Baekhyun erupt into laughter while pointing at me.

“You should!... you should see!!! HAHAHA! Your face! heeeeeugh ku ku~!” He practically starts heaving from laughing so hard. I just whine in embarrassment and shove my face in my hands and knees.

After what had to be an hour he finally stops laughing and comes over to me. He grabs my arm and I yank it away and glare at him

“Yah! Alright I’m sorry! I didn’t mean to laugh, it was just so funny!”

“Shut up!” I yell.

“I don’t understand how you can love horror stuff but be afraid of spiders. You had to have known there would be fake spiders at this thing!”

“Yes well we weren’t at the horror stuff we are here in this old shed! Of course I thought it was real!”

“Alright alright.” He says and ruffles my hair while laughing some more.

 

 

“Do you think we could fit through that?” he says and points to opening in the ceiling that’s covered by a plastic dome.

“We can try.” I say and stand up. He grabs a broom and starts hitting it until it pops off. Then he grabs a chair and motion for me to stand on it.

“I can’t reach it.” I say as I try to reach the top. Immediately he grabs my legs and lifts me up. “I reached it!” I say excitedly and he grabs my feet and forces me upwards. I climb on top and then look back in the hole and reach my hand.

“No it’s okay just watch out.” He says and jumps from the chair and his hands latch to the sides and I help him as he pulls himself out. Once he’s out we both sit down sigh. We look at each other and start laughing.

He jumps down and looks back up at me.

“Okay grab the side and slowly let your body slide down the side, I’ll grab you.” I nod and do what he says. I slide down until I’m hanging and he grabs my legs and tells me to let go. I do and slowly he lets my body slide down his until my feet touch the ground. He continues to hold onto me and just stares into my eyes. Our faces only inches apart.

I gulp feeling nervous.

“Let’s try and not get into any more annoying situations?” He finally asks and lets me go. I clear my throat and try to drive the nervous feeling out of me

“I wish.” I say and laugh. He joins in. I hear people screaming and laughing in the distance and I immediately get excited. I look at him with wide eyes. He laughs at me and nods.

“Okay okay, let’s go!” he says.

“Oh yeah! What about Chanyeol?” I ask almost forgetting the reason why we got locked in there in the first place.

“Don’t worry he’s probably at the dorms hiding in his bed like a little baby.” Baekhyun says and grabs my arm pulling me towards the crowd. I hope that’s true cause even though I’m mad at him right now I still want him to be okay.

 

 

“There he is.” Baekhyun says and points towards Kai and Sehun sitting at a bench with Chanyeol in between them. Chanyeol was eating and laughing like nothing happened. I bite my bottom lip in annoyance.

 

“I’m going to beat him up.” I say and get ready to walk over when Baekhyun grabs my arm.

“Just leave him, let’s go have fun?” He asks and raises his eyebrows expectantly. I sigh and nod. He smiles and drags me away.

 


 

The next morning

“Bomi.” He says intensely and grabs my wrist

“It’s fine.” I say and take the fork with my other hand.

“No!” he says and grabs my other wrist.

“Baekhyun, I promise nothing will happen.” I say and stare into his eyes. I can tell he is reluctant and fearful. “Nothing will happen.”

After a few moments he hesitantly lets go and I eat a sausage from the plate of food that I made him gather himself.

“See? Nothing is wrong. It tastes delicious.” I say with a smile and take another bite. I look at him and he is still staring at me. I smile and suddenly I’m shocked because his lips are on my cheek.

 

 

 

 

 


 

 

 

 

 

Hope you liked the chapter!

Leave some feedback!

Subscribe if you like it!