Today is the day!

Hush EXO Academy

 

 

 

 

Bomi POV


            Finally! Today is the day I have been waiting for! All of the hard work and sacrifices I made to get to this point! It all lead to this glorious day! My first day as an official student of EXO Academy!

            My mother died when I was 9 and since then it has been just me, my little brother and my dad. I have a sister too but she recently went abroad to get married to some rich guy. Every day I would watch him go to work early in the morning and come home late at night just to make sure we would never live a hard life. Even though he always put on a smile I knew it couldn’t have been easy. Then I decided that I would work hard too. I would study and get straight A’s and go to the best schools on a full ride! And because of that I was able to get the attention of the Head of EXO Academy who liked my drive and spirit, and he offered to allow me to attend EXO free of charge!

          My dream came true! And today is the first day of it in action! They only problem is that… it’s an all-boys school! The president liked me soo much that he said I could attend as long as I dressed and pretended to be a boy, and as long as I don’t get revealed, I can stay.

 

 

Knock knock knock!

 

            “Yoonbo! Breakfast is ready!” he always likes to call me Yoonbo. I really don’t know why he uses that as a nick name considering it’s longer than my first name Bomi…

            “Okay ! Be there in a minute!” I take a final look in the mirror, adjust my wig, then smile. I take a deep breath and leave my room and off to the kitchen.

            “Appa!” I run and slide across the kitchen floor and wrap my arms around him.

            “Ha ha! My beautiful daughter.”

            “Yup!” we both laugh. I release my arms and we both sit down to eat.

            “What about me?!” My little brother JongJin was already sitting at the table eating.

            “Haha! And my handsome only son Yoonjong!” he says while rubbing his head. Jongjin motions towards me.

            “Looks like there are two sons in the family now!” he said and laughed.

            “Uish!” I lift my fist pretending like I was going to hit him and then grab his head and kiss the top of his messy hair.

            “Aish! Dirty!” He yells while patting down his hair. I sat down and began to eat.

            “So, are you excited?” dad asks.

            “Mhmm!” I mumble while nodding my head with a big food-filled smile.  He smiles back.

            “Pft… the unrefined way that you eat will definitely make the boys believe you're one of them.” My brother says while shaking his head. I shoot him a dirty look and go back to eating. My dad sits down and stares at me with those proud parent eyes.

            “I finally get to see your hard work pay off.” He smiles and puts a spoon full of rice in his mouth. He pauses and looks back up at me. “Yoonbo?”

            “Yeah?”

            “I hope that, you don’t sacrifice “other” things while achieving your dream.” I look up at him confused.

            “What do you mean?”

            “Well, you study most of the time, and you only have one friend. I want you to enjoy other aspects of high school life.”

            “Dad you know it’s not my fault. I am always nice to people and I try to make friends, but it’s hard to when half are jealous of your grades and the other half are jealous because… well I really don’t know.” At my old school I was number one in academics, I was in the dancing squad and had many “friends” and was considered “popular” but these same “friends” hated me because of jealousy. Only one of my friends stayed loyal to me and that was Jung EunJi. No matter what happened she was always there sticking up for me. I guess that’s the only thing that makes me feel sad about leaving that horrible school.

            “Maybe it’s because you're soo beautiful.” I smile and get up and give him a kiss on the cheek.

            “I don’t think making friends should be her number one concern. All she has to worry about is her s showing.” Jongjin said then laughed. I gave him another dirty look. “Oh yeah! And you have to worry about not having a ! Don’t wear tight clothes sis! Or you’ll be humiliated!” I think the thought of it was pictured in his mind because he started laughing so hard he started to cry. Or it was just an excuse to cover the fact that he was crying because he was going to miss me.

            “Thanks idiot!” I yell and give him another dirty face. I didn’t want him to know I knew the real reason. I smile to myself.

 


 

            I wheel my two suitcases out of the house then turn around to say my goodbye’s. “Well, I’m off to school.” I say with a slightly cracked voice as a result of me holding back tears.

            “Okay. Be careful and have fun.” My dad says while hugging me, equally trying to hold back tears. He sniffed and continued. “Make sure none of those boys touch you. And don’t let them sit on your bed!”

            I laughed and nodded. “Ok” I somehow managed to mumble through my already falling tears.

            “Noona.” I released from the hug and turned towards Jongjin whose eyes were red. “If any of them hurt you tell me and I’ll kick their !” he says while punching his hand with his fist. I smile and grab him for a hug which only last five seconds before he pushes me away pretending to be disgusted. I turn around to grab my bags and leave. “Noona!” I turn to face him again. “Do the gorilla dance once more before you go.” I tsk then smile and do the gorilla dance to the best of my ability.

We all laugh and hug once more. Then I take my suitcases and head towards school trying to fight back tears.

 


 

 

Well i hope you liked the first chapter!

Leave some feedback!

Subscribe if you like it!

here's the gorilla dance if you don't know what it was!