Black Pearl

Your Maybes Drives Me Crazy (HimDae)

 

Himchan’s POV

“You’re jealous aren’t you?” I smirked.

“N-no.” Daehyun looked away. I just let out a giggle.

“It’s for a noona that I have a special bond with.” I said purposely so that he can show his jealousness.

“A noona?” He as surprised.

“Do you want to know who?” I whispered.

“Who?” Daehyun pouted

“Hehe~ my older sister.” I said making him embarrassed. He then leaned back against the sofa.

“Who did you think I was talking about?” I asked him as I leaned over staring at his face.

“Your sister of course. Who else?” Daehyun smiled shyly.

“Oh really? I thought that you would think that I have a noona crush.” I pulled him over for a hug.

“Why would I think like that? You and I are dating aren’t we.”  He smiled brightly.

“Yes you’re right. Also we should tell lies.” I raised a brow at him. He looked my in the eye and then glanced away.

“Okay, I admit I was a bit suspicious more like curious but I know that you are fateful to me so I wasn’t that worried.”

“Thanks for telling me your true feelings.” I said to him.

“You shouldn’t lie to me either okay?” Daehyun said to me.

“Of course. If either of us lie we’ll become like Pinocchio.” I vowed.

“Hmmm. Maybe.” Daehyun once again said maybe.

“It’s either yes or no” I complained.

“What if the truth is painful and harsh?” Daehyun pouted.

“But it’s the truth.” Himchan said back.

“Okay I’ll tell you the truth too.” Daehyun placed hi hand on Himchan’s lap.

“If it’s harsh and painful I’ll still accept it.” Himchan placed his hand on top of Daehyun’s

“Should we start on our homework?”

“Yes we should.” Daehyun grabbed his backpack and took out his notebooks.

“Oh so why did you buy chocolate for your noona?” Daehyun asked me.

“Well last she didn’t receive any chocolate so she complained all day. This year I wanted to be prepare. If she doesn’t get any chocolate then I’ll just give this to her.”

“Awww you are such a kind younger brother.” Daehyun smiled widely.

“I just don’t want her whining and complaining. Not only that but she bothers me a lot.” I pouted as I looked through my notebook.

“I understand. Older siblings are like that but they look after you so we have to do something in return.” Daehyun explained.

“I know. Oh but Daehyun your brother seems like a cool guy. Does he really annoy you?” I was curious.

“He doesn’t annoy me much but he tends to be nosy. We’ve actually fought each other once.” Daehyun chuckled.

“Eh? Really? Like physically using fists?” I was surprised.

“Yes. Are you that surprised to hear that I can fight?” Daehyun smirked.

“A bit. You’re so kind so it’s hard to believe.” I giggled.

 “Well now that you know you better think twice before making me upset.” Daehyun threatened my cutely.

“Oh-ho okay. I’ll remember that threat.” I chuckled. We then started working on our homework as we talked.

“Himchan, does your parents know that we’re dating?” Daehyun asked me suddenly.

“Yes kind of, I’ve told them before but I wasn’t sure if you’ll accept me or not yet.”

“And they are fine with you going out with me?” Daehyun asked.

‘Not really ‘fine’… we had some disagreement but I’m going to convince them.’ I said in my head.

“I’ll talk to them about it more later.” I said since I didn’t want to lie.

“So they are against us dating.”

“It’s not that bad I just need to explain more to them. My mother and grandmother understands me so it’s just my father.” I said back. I looked at Daehyun and saw that he was a bit sad.

“It’s okay.” I gave him a hug.

“What about your parents?” I asked back.

“They are perfectly fine. One reason is because I’m not their only son. They still have Daeho to continue the family line. I understand your parents since you're their only son. If your appa is against this then may be we sh-“

“Daehyun it’s fine, I’ll talk to him about it. I love you and I want to be with you. It doesn’t matter if I can or can’t have children. We can adopt if you would like. As for my parents, my noona can give them grandchildren.” I said back immediately.

“I feel bad though.” Daehyun pouted.

“I promise that this problem will be solved by tomorrow.”

“Seriously? Don’t make a promise that you can’t keep.” Daehyun said to me.

“Alright. I will try my best to solve this problem.” I rephrased it.

“Okay.” Daehyun finally gave me a smile. The two of us worked on our homework for a few hours until it was already getting late and was almost time to make dinner. Daehyun helped my clean up bit before telling me that he had to leave.

“Are you sure you don’t want to stay for dinner?” I asked him.

“Yes, sorry. I haven’t told umma before hand so she probably already prepared dinner for me. She really doesn’t like it when we have left overs. Also I don’t think you’re appa would be comfortable meeting me.” Daehyun said softly.

“Perhaps.” I nodded.

“Well I’ll walk you home then.” I walked over to the door but Daehyun stopped me.

“You don’t have to Himchan. I can go home by myself.”

“But I want to and it’s getting darker out.” I held onto his hand.

“But I don’t want you to. I want you to sit here and relax since you’ve done a lot for me. Afterwards you can start making dinner for your family.” Daehyun smiled.

‘Oh he’s so sweet.’ I said in my head.

“My noona can do the cooking.” I said back.

“But you should help. Besides it’s not even dark out. The sun is still up in the sky.” Daehyun giggled.

“If you insist on leaving by yourself then okay. If a stranger tries to attack you then just beat him up like how you did with your brother.” I joked.

“Don’t worry I will only I won’t go easy.” Daehyun chuckled. I then helped him pack hi bag and walked him out the door.

“Goodbye and good night.” Daehyun gave me a peck.

“Should I give you a call before going to bed?” I asked him.

“It’s up to you.” Daehyun smiled.

“Okay I’ll give you a call. Good bye and be careful.” I said before he left.

“Yes.” He waved to me before walking down the sidewalk. I stood there and waited until I could see him anymore.

“You can go inside!” He shouted.

“I want to watch you for as long as I can!” I shouted back. I saw that he wrinkled his nose at me. He then sprinted down the sidewalk. When he reached the corner he gave me a big wave and continued walking out of my sight. Unconsciously I let out a giggle.

“He’s your black pearl I assume?” I heard behind me.

“Ah, you scared me” I jumped. It turns out that my grandmother was home all this time.

“Grandma! You were home all this time?!” I was surprised. I shut the door and walked over to her.

“Yes. Why are you so shocked? Did you do something inappropriate?” She asked me.

“N-no, it’s just that… Weren’t you supposed to visit your friends?” I asked her.

“I was but it was cancelled. So your black pearl?” She said once again.

“What are you talking about?” I was confused.

“Himchan, do you know what’s the most rarest pearl?”

“No.” I shook my head.

“It’s the black pearl. The same with finding your special one; very rare and takes some time.” She explained.

“Now that you had explained it I would say yes. He’s my black pearl. You’re not going to be questioning me or lecturing me, are you?” I asked her.

“No, I don’t plan on to besides talking about love.” She said as we sat down.

“Teenagers these days are able to do anything. Back in my time it was hard just to meet up with a girl. Now everyone is able to date the same .” She said.

“The world is changing.” I said back.

“So how is he?” Grandma asked me.

“A lot better than most girls.”

“Can her cook?”

“Yes.”

“Is he a clean person?”

“Yes.”

“Does he have any other siblings?”

“Yes, and older brother.”

“So he’s the baby of the family. Is he spoiled?”

“Nope.” I shook my head.

“Does he still have both of his parents?”

“Yes they are alive and very healthy.”

“Does he drink?”

“No.”

“Smoke?”

“No.”

“Has he gotten in trouble with the police.”

“Definitely not and I am for sure.” I said positively.

“How is his education?”

“Top rank! I think he’s at least in the top three students in the entire school.”

“Wow. He is a black pearl.” Grandma smiled.

“Indeed he is.” I returned a smile.

“Huhhh~ let’s start the dinner shall we?” She got up and walked over to the kitchen.

“Grandma, about father…” I wanted to ask her to help me talk to him.

“Don’t worry, this old woman will do whatever she can to help you.” She said back.

“Oh grandma you are so loveable.” I gave her a big hug.

“Ha-ha-ha~ Aigoo my grandson is lovable as well.” She patted my arm.

 


 

Wondering if this is related to EXO's song 'Black Pearl'?

Yes it was inspired by that song.

It's one of my favorite song from their 'XOXO' album. 

I even bought the album since there are sooo many good songs. Which version you might wonder.

I bought the Hug version EXO-M chinese version)

Anyways thanks for reading. 

I can slowly see the ending right now.

Good thing or sad since it's ending; I'm not sure :/