Making Chocolate Truffles

Your Maybes Drives Me Crazy (HimDae)

 

Daehyun’s POV

Day before White Day~

I was in the grocery store buying some baking ingredients to make some chocolate. I decided that since there’s someone I like I’ll give him chocolate. This is the first time I’ve actually given chocolate to someone. For the past years I’ve been the one receiving chocolate and not the other way around.

*ring~ ring * my phone rang. I checked and saw that it was my hyung calling.

“Hello?”

“Daehyun, where are you right now?” He asked me.

“I’m at the grocery store to buy some things.” I said since it was embarrassing to say that I’m buying ingredients to make chocolate.

“Chocolate stuff right?” He guessed it right.

“Uh, yeah.” I admitted.

“Can you buy some extra ingredients too? I want to make a few.” He said.

“Sure.” I smiled.

‘So he has a special someone too?’ I smiled.

“Can you buy white chocolate?”

“Oh but hyung, If you give your lover white chocolate that means that you only want to be friends.”

“Ah really? But she likes white chocolate.”

“So it’s a girl.” I giggled.

“Yes, it is, okay! Just get me whatever you’re getting. I’ll pay you back later.”

“Okay, see you later.” I said and hung up. I then went to get double the ingredients. Just then I figured that I should by triple the ingredients because I had the feeling someone is going to join in making chocolate. I had an idea of whom but I wasn’t positive. When I got home hyung paid me back more that what I bought for him.

“That’s too much hyung.”

“Just take it since you’ll be helping me make them.” He smiled.

“I’m helping you?” I narrowed my eyes. He just nodded with a smile.

“I already told umma to go hang out with auntie so that we can use the kitchen.” He said as we headed to the kitchen.

“Hyung, since you said that she like’s white chocolate then why don’t you make white chocolate truffles with milk chocolate coating?” I said to him.

“That sounds complicated.” He said looking at me.

“It’s not that hard, just takes time since it needs to harden.”

“What are you going to make?” He asked me.

“I’m going to make one of each for a special box.” I said taking a box out. I bought it earlier in the super market.

“For Himchan?”

“Don’t be nosy.” I said back.

“One of each, how many different kinds is there?”

“There’s the one with white chocolate designs, cocoa powder, coconut shredding, sprinkles, and crushed nuts. Then there’s the filling in the inside which cam have caramel and white chocolate.

“He-he~ I want to do that too but all with white chocolate filing.” Hyung giggled.

“Okay.

“Ah-hem~” We heard someone clear his throat. We turned around and saw appa.

“Oh appa, you’re home early today.” Hyung said to him.

“Yes, there wasn’t a lot of work today. Uh, kids what are you doing?” He asked us awkwardly.

“Making chocolate, appa you want to join? I already bought extra ingredients for you.” I giggled. I knew appa would join us.

“Well if you already bought the things than I might as well join” he said as he walked over to us. The entire time I was teaching then how to make perfectly round truffles. Some were milk chocolate, others were white chocolate, and a few were caramel.  For the chocolate inorder to make them abit softer we added in some heavy cream and butter. Afterwards we put the containers in the fridge so that it could harden up a bit. With the spare time I went on ahead in explaining the next steps.

“Once those are a bit hardened we can then form it into balls.

“Can we make into other shapes?” appa asked me.

“Yeah but it might be harder.” I said to him.

“Oh, then let’s do it the simple way.” Appa giggled.

“After forming the perfectly round balls, we stick them onto these skewers so that we can dip them into the coating." I explained

“Oh, so that gets on evenly.” Hyung stated.

“Yup, then right after we can put on the toppings. Unless you want to draw designs with chocolate then that can wait until the coating it harden.” I explain.

“Daehyun, where did you learned this?” Appa asked me.

“Huh? Uh I read it from is book.” I giggled shyly. When the truffle fillings were a bit harden we continued making them.  Knowing that they’re a bit clumsy. I told them to put the truffles back into the fridge so that it can harden up.  Takes a longer time but that’s better than to mess up. Afterwaters we used a double boiler to melt some chocolate pieces for the coating. We dipped it in completely and swirled it to smooth out the coating. When it was still wet we sprinkled on the toppings each with a different flavor. We put them back int the fridge to harden up. The last ones were the one with the white chocolate designs and so we melted some white chocolate in a small bag, cut the tip, and used it as a piping bag. Just some simple desgins like strips and swirls. It took us a few hours to finish the box of chocolate.

“We’re done! Hope your umma will like these.” Appa said staring at the chocolate.

“As expected Daehyun’s box looks the best.” Hyung said to me.

“Both appa and yours are fine.” I looked.

“Mine looks better than appa’s. Hyung smiled. There were 3 truffles leftover so we shared it among us.

“Here are some extra’s. Appa you like caramel right?” I handed him the caramel one.

“Yes. Thank you.” He took it and bit apiece off.

“Oh so sweet. Why does your umma and everyone else like these. ” He cringed his face. Hyung and I giggled.

“Here” I handed him one and ate the last one myself.

“Okay, time to clean up.” Appa said out loud. Although we only made some chocolate pieces we used a lot of pots and bowls. Hyung and I did the dishes as appa cleaned the counter.

“Ah, appa. What are you doing?”! Hyung shouted. I turned to see appa holding two boxes.

“Were you planning on switching yours with mine?” Hyung asked him.

“Oh appa!” I was surprised.

“O-of course not!” He denied.

‘He knows that he can’t possible switched mines because I could tell right away from the skills.’ I giggled.

“Jealous that mines is better.” Hyung pouted.

“I was just taking a look!” Appa denied again.

“You should have fixed it when Daehyun told you to but you didn’t. You said it was fine. Now you regret it?” Hyung complained.

“Ahhh, it’s just chocolate!” Appa was embarrassed.

“It’s okay appa, yours is not that bad. Umma would love to eat chocolate made by your own hands.” I giggled. We finished the dishes just in time when we heard the front door being opened.

“Oh umma is back!” Hyung shouted. We each grabbed out chocolate and was going to put them in the fridge.

“Wait, umma will be curious about these. We should hide it to save some problems.” Hyung said to me.

“Good idea.” I agreed.

“And I need to hide mines until tomorrow.” Appa said.

“Oh appa, you have a mini fridge in your office right?” Hyung asked him.

“Yes let’s go!” Appa led the way.

“I’m home!” umma shouted s she approached us.

“Honey!”

“Umma!” We were surprised.

“What were you three doing?” She asked.

“Umm, we were just looking for a snack.” Appa said as he continued walking to his office with the box of chocolate hiding at his side.

“We need to go ask appa about our homework.” Hyung said as we followed him. We all went into his office and put the boxes into his mini fridge.

“Don’t you dare take mines, appa.” Hyung said madly.

“I won't! I’m your father, why are you so stingy.”

“I just wanted to make sure.” He said. We then went back out to the kitchen for dinner.

“The three of you needs to stop eating chocolate.” Umma said to us.

“huh?” we were confused.

“I saw all the wrappers in the trash bin. You’ll end up getting a nosebleed soon.” She lectured us.

‘Well rather accept this than have her corner us on who the chocolate is for.’ I said in my head.

“We wanted something sweet.”

“Couldn’t you wait until tomorrow for chocolate?” She said.

“They were sitting in the cabinets for so long so we decided to finish it before the new ones come in. You know Daehyun. He always bring back a bag full.” Hyung placed his arm around my shoulder.

‘This year though I’m actually giving one out.’ I said in my head.

“Okay but do not drink any more soda and lay off the chocolates until tomorrow. Of course there’s still a limit.” She said to us.

“Yes~” Hyung and I said in unison.

“And you. I better not see any chocolate gifts for you.” She said to appa.

“Of course not, I’m already taken by the most beautiful women in the world.” Appa was so cheesy.

“Thank you honey. Now let’s eat dinner.” Said umma. 

 


 

There you go. A chapter of the fanfic along with cooking class :P

So have you made chocolate truffles before?

I have for Valentine's day :D

I didn't do the coating since I ran out of chocolate but they came out good. 

As for who it was for....

My mommy ^-^

(I'm forever alone  ;~;)

Anyways thanks for reading~!

As for next years Valentine's Day/White Day why don't you try making chocolate yourself!

 It's not that hard^-^