Gentleman

Your Maybes Drives Me Crazy (HimDae)

 

Daehyun’s POV

“Bye Zelo, I’ll come over after school okay.”

“Ahh~ I can’t wait. Bye Daehyunnie~” He waved to me cutely.

‘Ah~ he’s like a giant baby’ I chuckled. I turned around and was about to continue my way to school when someone jumped right in front of me.

“Good morning!” It turned out to be Himchan.

“Oh Good morning Himchan.” I smiled. Mind if I walk with you to school?” He asked me politely.

“Of course.” I giggled.

“So how well did you sleep last night?” He asked me.

“It was good, yesterday was a tiring day so I slept all the way till morning. How about you?”

“Me? Not that great~” He said with a small smile.

“Eh, why?” I asked him. He then looked down to his feet and placed his hands in his pocket.

‘It seems serious’ I thought.

“I couldn’t sleep because I missed you.” He said looking at me with deep eyes.

‘Oh I thought it was something big.’ I giggled.

“Really?” I smiled and asked him.

“Yup, I want to stay something to you.” He said as he walked properly beside me.

‘Why are you so awkward today?’ I wondered. He was pretty cute like this.

“Ummm~ I lov-“ He couldn’t finish his sentence when Youngjae and the others jumped in between us.

“Daehyun!” He shouted as He got beside me. I took a look at Himchan to see that he just awkwardly looked away as he rubbed the back of his neck.

‘Embarrassed? Were you going to say you love me again?’ I thought as I giggled.

“Oh~ good morning everyone.”

“Good morning Daehyun~!” Yongguk said back.

“Ready for school?” Jongup asked me.

“Yes, everyone should be.” I said as we all walked to school together. I couldn’t help but keep glancing at Himchan on the other side of the group.

“Daehyun, do you have to babysit Zelo after school?” Yongguk whined.

“Yes, his parents asked me to.

*rinnnggggg~ * the school bell rang.

“Ah! We should hurry up!” Youngjae ran. We all ran at a steady speed to the build. Himchan and I exchanged glances once and we just smiled shyly. We all then split in our own ways for class. The first few class periods flew by pretty quick. It was already lunchtime when I was walking down the hallway to put some unneeded books away.

“AISH~!” I heard someone grunted before hearing some loud banging sound. I looked to see that it was a student who was having problems with his locker. He was kicking and even punching it.

‘That’s unnecessary, if it doesn’t open then just ask one of the workers to help. You don’t have to abuse the locker like that.’ I thought.  When I got to my locker I did the combination and was about to open it only to find that it was stuck.

“Ehh?” I was surprised. Just when I thought about that student having problems with his locker, it happened to me now.  I placed my books down on the floor and did my best trying to get the knob to turn but it was stuck in one place.

“Oh Daehyun?” I heard someone called my name. I turned around to see that it was Himchan.

“Oh Himchan, umm on your way to lunch?” I asked as I stood up straight.

“Yea, umm is your locker stuck?” He asked me.

“Uh~ yeah, I don’t know what happened but I can’t get it opened.

“Let me try.” He said walking over.

“No, it’s okay, I’ll ask one of the workers here” I said stopping him. I don’t want him doing what the student earlier had done. It’ll be embarrassing.

“Just let me try, if it doesn’t open then we’ll go find a worker.” He said smiling to me.

“O-okay~” I just let him do it since he wanted to.

‘Just don’t go crazy over it.’ I said in my head. He tried turning the knob but it didn’t want to move.

“It is stuck.” He giggled before pushing the locker door in a kindly matter. Just then I heard a tick.

“Oh, it turned!” I was surprised.

“There you go.” He opened the locker for me and moved aside.

“Thank you so much Himchan.” I gave a small bow.

“You welcome, it was nothing really.” He said with his hands behind his back shyly.

‘You really amazed me there Himchan. You can even open a jammed locker as a gentleman.’

“Do you have the magical touch or something?” I giggled as I placed my books in my locker.

“Hmm~ maybe~” He said with a straight face but then chuckled.

‘Himchan, I don’t know how to say it but you are different then all the other guys. Your cute and funny yet your personality and figure is like of a polite gentleman. That is a great combination for a person, I’m kind of envy of you.’ I said in my head.

“Daehyun!” Someone ran over to me. It was Kwangyeon.

“Good afternoon, Kwangyeon.” I greeted.

“Good afternoon.” He said back before taking a look at Himchan.

“This is Himchan, Himchan this is Kwangyeon.”  I introduced them to each other.

“I know, he’s in my chemistry class.” Himchan said to me.

“Oh so you two know each other already.” I smiled shyly.

“Oh Daehyun, I was wondering, when will you be free.”

“Umm, maybe sometime next week, why?” I asked him.

“Oh it’s because I want to take you out to watch a movie.”

“You don’t have to, it’ll just be a waste of money.” I said before looking at Himchan. He seemed to have moved away and leaned on the wall across the hallway.

“You cannot refuse it okay. Remember if you’re free, give me a call no matter what!” Kwangyeon shouted as he walked away slowly.

“Okay, bye~” I waved. He gave me a wave back before sprinting down the hallway. I took some books out and placed them in my backpack before closing my locker. Himchan then came over to me.

“Ready?” He asked.

“Mmh~” I nodded

“Why were you over there?” I asked him.

“I just thought you two wanted to talk alone.” He said with his hands in his pocket. We walked to the cafeteria as we talked.

“Are you mad?” I asked him. Both of them did ask me out and as always I said maybe. I didn’t want any competition or anything, I just didn’t want to turn anyone down.

“Nope, I don’t need to get mad over something like this” He said casually.

“Then jealous?” I asked him

“No, not jealous either. Although I’m still just a newbie here Yongguk told me some few things. Yes I know there are many guys courting you but I’m not going to get mad because we all have a fair chance with you.”

“You’re so kind” I giggled.

‘More like gentleman. Himchan you are a very interesting person.’ I thought. We arrived at the loud cafeteria and went in line for our lunch. After getting our lunch tray we walked over to our usual lunch table to see it was hectic like usual.

‘Yongguk is always mad at Zelo who always talk back to him, Youngjae is always joking around, and Jongup is shy and quiet like always. Himchan on the other hand is very calm but~… I don’t know how to describe him besides gentle man.’ I thought in my head.

“Daehyun sit here!” Youngjae shouted.

Himchan’s POV

‘Look at them, they’re like wild beasts~’ I thought as we sat down wherever there was a spot.

‘I wonder if I can be with Daehyun today to watch over Zelo.’ I thought.

“Daehyun can I help you with your job afterschool like yesterday?” I asked

“What? You were with Daehyun yesterday!” Youngjae shouted.

“What?” I acted innocent.
“Yah, I asked you yesterday and you said you were busy.”

“I was, I was watching over some kids.” Daehyun said

“With him?!”

“Would you stop shouting?”

Well if he helped you yesterday, can I today help you then?” Yongguk asked Daehyun.

“I refuse to let anyone come over to my house besides Daehyun!” Zelo shouted.

“If Zelo said so then it’ll be just me.” He said softly before looking at me. I gave a small nod.

“Are you mad now?” Daehyun whispered.

“Nope, fair chance for everyone~” I said again. Truthfully deep down I was quiet aggravated with guys here and there coming to him but I hold it in knowing that being mad and or jealous wouldn’t help at all.

‘Huhh~ just how I wish things weren’t this way.’ I sighed as I thought to myself.


 

Thanks for reading~! ^-^