Burning Hot Cheeks

Your Maybes Drives Me Crazy (HimDae)

 

Daehyun’s POV

“Uhh~ does anyone know a giant bunny? There seems to be one right outside our door” I heard my brother yelled.

“Giant bunny?” I furrow my brows in confusion.

“Umm, let me check.” I said running to the window and looked outside with him.

“Ommo!” I was surprised that it was indeed the Mr. Bunny from the amusement park.

‘What is he doing here?’ I wondered

“Hyung, I’ll take care of this.” I said pushing my brother away.

“Are you sure? You know who ever that person is?” He asked me.

“Yes, don’t worry alright. I’ll just have a talk with him.” I said as I went back and opened the door.

“Uh hello.” I greeted him. He just gave me a big bow.

“H-how did you know where I lived?” I asked even though I knew he wouldn’t be able to answer me. He just stood there quietly.

‘Could he really be a stalker?’ I said in my head. He then just held out a box to me.

“For me?” I asked. He gave me a nod.

‘He came all the way to my house to give me this?’ I wondered. I looked at the small box in his hand and realized that he didn’t have his gloves on. I then saw that he was wearing a unique ring on his index finger. It was shaped like a crown.

‘I think I’ve seen this ring before.’  I said in my head. He then moved the box making me wake up from my trail of thought.

“Uh, thank you. Should I open it right now?” I asked him. He gave a nod as he held onto his headpiece.

‘That ring, I know I’ve seen it somewhere.’ I said in my head as I untied the ribbon on top of the box.

‘It’s the only clue I have to figure out who he is. Maybe he’s someone I know since he knew where I lived.’ I continued thinking as I opened the box. I lifted the lid to see a slice of cheesecake sitting inside. Although the cream was smeared around inside the box it still looked delicious.

“Oh, it’s cheesecake!” I smiled as I looked up to him. He just had his hands behind his back and looked down to his feet.

“Thanks, how did you know that my favorite cake is cheesecake?” I asked him. But he didn’t answer.

“Come on, just answer me once.” I demanded since I was really curious in who he is. He shook his head side to side. He then took a step back and waved to me.

“Oh you’re leaving already?” my happiness went away. I wanted to guess who he was right now at this moment because who knows when I’ll see him again.

“Can’t you stay for a bit longer?” I asked even though I knew it was a bother since we had to be outside the entire time. I don’t think umma would appreciate a stranger in a giant bunny costume in our living room. He just made a big heart with his arms before taking some steps backward, which probably meant that he had to leave.

“Huh~ Good night then, I’ll eat this happily.” I shouted as I gave him one more look before going inside.

“Where have I seen that ring?” I said to myself as I set the cake down on the table.

“WAIT!” I then remembered something.

‘Himchan-hyung, this ring looks cool, it looks like a kings crown.’ I remember Kwangmin saying that from before.

“H-Himchan?” a flashback image appeared in my mind making me see that it was indeed Himchan’s ring. I quickly ran to the door and opened it.

“Oh good he’s still there.” I quickly ran out. I didn’t bother changing out of the indoor slippers.

“WAIT! I know who you are!” I shouted as I ran towards him. Instead of him slowing down he was running away.

‘W-what?! Why is he running away?’ I shouted in my head.

“YAH! WAIT” I speeded up as I chased him down the street. He was running as fast as he can as he held onto his headpiece. He then crossed the street in a funny way in which I couldn’t help but to laugh.

“Yah! Haha~” I giggled as I ran after him. I was getting closer and closer to him as I chased after him above the grassy hill.

‘Ah~ why is he so stubborn.’ I said in my head as I trailed right behind him. I stopped for a bit to catch my breath. He turned around to see that I had stopped so he had stopped as well.

“Why-huh~ are you running away from me?!” I said catching my breath. He just waved his and made and ‘X’.

‘I’m going to get you!’ I shouted in my head as I dash towards him when he least expected.

“HAA~ I got yo-ah~” I almost reached him but I ended up slipping on the grass. Himchan how ever grabbed onto me but the two of us ended up rolling down the hill together.

“Ah~!” I closed my eyes we kept on rolling, taking turns squishing each other down the side of the hill. I can hear him groaning as well as me. I was still too scared to open my eyes. I can feel that I was hugging onto him tightly. It was really scary but I didn’t think I was injured.

“UGH~!” I heard a loud groan before going to a halt. My heart was pounding so much I thought I was going to pass out. I can also feel something soft underneath me that was also pounding rapidly.

‘I’m on top of him aren’t I?’ I said in my head. I opened my eyes to see the soft grass in front of my eyes. I turned my head only to bump into his soft cheek.

“Oh!” I got up to see that it was Himchan and he was letting out some groans.

“S-so it is you, Himchan.” I said trying to compose myself.

“Can you get off of me first?” He groaned. I quickly got off of him and sat beside him as he sat up.  He let out a sigh as he gave me a deep look.

“How did you know?” He said with a painful face.

“I saw your ring.” I pointed. I could help but to keep on staring at him. He seemed like he was in pain and it was all because of me.

“Why did you kept on running away? Look what happened” I said to him worried.

“I didn’t want you to know who I was so I ran off. Guess I didn’t want you to change the way you view Mr. Bunny.” He said in a low voice.

“Idiot, I will still look at you like how I would to Mr. Bunny.” I said looking down.

“Ahh~” I heard him groan.

“What’s the matter? Are you hurt somewhere?” I quickly looked up at him. I saw that he was holding onto his wrist, which seems to be swollen.

“Ommo, your wrist is all swollen.” I panicked as I held onto it for a better look.

“It’s alright, I’ve gotten this before.” He said with a smile.

“How can you smile in this situation, let me take you to the hospital.” I was about to get up but he stopped me.

“Don’t go, look.” He said pointing to the other side in front of us. In front of our eyes was a lovely sun getting ready to set. I didn’t notice this but the entire sky was in a shade of red and further off it was in a shade of purple. It looked so vibrant.

“It’s so pretty.” I smiled before turning to look at Himchan. He was also smiling with the red sunray hitting onto his face. He looked so peaceful and charming. Quiet attractive I should say. I then remembered about his wrist.

“We should have your wrist tended.” I spoke breaking the silence.

“It’s fine. For now can you just sit beside me and enjoy this view.” He said as he pulled me closer to him, making me sit beside him. I just did what he wanted even though I felt uneasy inside.

“The sun is so round, looks like an egg yolk.” He chuckled as he reached up as if he was going to grab the sun. He then closed his eyes and smiled happily. You couldn't tell that he was in pain at all-just by looking at him right now.

“I really think you sho-“ I pause when the reached for my hand and raised it up, like he was doing earlier.

“Doesn’t it feel like the sun is actually in your hand? With the warm sun ray against your palm.” He changed the subject. I looked at my hand in which was held by his. My cheek then felt really warm.

‘Why are my cheeks burning up?’ I wondered. I must have been the warm sun. I then shook my head as I pulled my hand back.

“Himchan, you-“

“Daehyun, I said it’s fine. I’ll just go home and wrap it up like how I always do.” He said looking right at me.

“But that's not the-“

“I’ve sprained my wrist plenty of times besides, I hate going to the hospital.” He said looking down at the grass.

“I’m sorry.” I looked down at my hands and twirled my fingers around each other. I then remember that this was all my fault.

“It wasn’t your fault.” He said back.

“Yes it is, I started chasing you and I slipped on my own, you tried to help me but ended up falling with me.” I said, as I felt really bad inside.

“Just forget about it, just think of it as me being unlucky.” He said to me.

“I feel uneasy inside though.” I argued back.

“I guess you can do something to redeem yourself.” He making me look up.

“What can I do for you, I’ll do anything.” I said to him who was smiling.  He then leaned over to me and began to whisper something to me.

“You can give me a kiss.” He whispered in my ear before leaning back. My check burned up once again.

“W-what does that h-have to do with your wrist?” I stuttered as my eyes looked elsewhere. I realized that he was enjoying himself with his eyes closed as he faced up into the sky.

‘Are you even listening to me?’ I wondered.

“Oh it does, it helps reduce the pain.” He giggled with his eyes still closed.

‘Does it really?’ I asked myself. I glanced at Himchan and then to his lips.

‘Huh~ I owe him so I have to do it.’ I took a deep breath before leaning over to him. I didn’t hesitate and pressed my lips against his.

‘I did it. My first kiss is taken.’ I echoed in my head and I closed my eyes tightly.


 

I hoped you like this chapter~

Daehyun had his first kiss taken away by none other then Himchan!

Well he was the one who gave it away but it was thanks to Himchans words.

Oh how I would like to have my first kiss infront of a sunset :P

Thanks for reading please subscribe and comment~! ^-^