White Day

Your Maybes Drives Me Crazy (HimDae)

 

Daehyun’s POV

“Daehyun, you ready for today?” Hyung asked me.

“I just might be taken after today.” I said smiling.

“Finally made your decision?” Hyung gave me a smile.

“I have to someday, and I think I’ve found the right person.”

“Himchan is nice kid.”

“How do you know its Himchan?”

“It better not be someone else.” Hyung glared at me.

“Do you really like Himchan that much?” I asked him.

“Out of all the people that are with you, I like him the most. That Jongup friend of yours, muscles more than brain. Zelo, he’s a baby, just too young for you.” He said as he put on his shoes.

“Those were just some on my friends. I still have others.”

“Well I haven’t seen them. If they were that special to you, then you who have been closer to them. The fact that you gotten real close to Himchan is because you like him.” He said making me think a bit.

“Hyung, you sure talk a lot.” I giggled.

“I’m not the only one who got umma’s gene. You too have a big mouth.” He said back making me giggle.

“Oh did you get your chocolate?” I asked him.

“Yeah. Appa still haven’t given it to umma yet.” He said

“Maybe he plans on giving it to umma later.”

“Kids!” Umma shouted.

“Yes.” Hyung and I said in unison.

“I packed you lunch today! Come and get it!” She shouted.

“I’ll go get it.” I said since I didn’t have my shoes on.

“Thank you umma. You didn’t really have to.” I said to her.

“I wanted to. Today’s a special day for my two young boys. Only umma can win your desire for food.” She smiled.

‘Is she saying that we should only fall in love with her cooking?’ I said in my head.

“Eh, umma, are you getting jealous?” I giggled.

“Umma’s jealous?” Hyung ran over to us.

“No I’m just claiming what’s mine.” She smiled.

“Claiming what?” Hyung looked at me.

“Our desire for food.” I chuckled.

“Really? Ayy~ no one will win over umma’s cooking.’ Hyung said and I agreed.

“Well thank you umma. I’m going to eat it well.” I took my lunch box. I knew it was mine because she actually put a label on top with my name on it.

“I will too. Thanks umma.” Hyung grabbed the other one and followed me to the door. After putting our lunch boxes in our bag we put our shoes on and was ready to leave.

“Bye umma!” Hyung and I said in unison.

“Bye, kids. Be safe!” She said to us. Hyung and I were walking together happily.

 “So when can I meet sister-in-law?” I asked him.

“I don’t know” Hyung smiled shyly.

“My turn to ask. What are you going to say to Himchan and the others?” He asked me.

“I’m not sure hyung. I’ll probably say yes to Himchan if he ask me out but for the others…”

“There you go again. Go with what you like and don’t hesitate. You’re always saying ‘probably,’ ‘maybe,’ ‘perhaps. Say you ‘Will!’”  Hyung complained

“But-“

“No ‘buts’ either!” Hyung lectured me.

“Well I feel bad seeing them sad because of me. After all they like me.” I looked down at my feet.

“Saying no would be a lot better than saying maybe because you’re just keeping their hopes up until they’ll all be heartbroken one day.”

‘Oh that sounded like what Himchan said to me.’ I said in my head.

“Guess I don’t have a choice~” I sighed.

“What do you mean no choice?! You chose Himchan, so go accept his proposal.”

“Ahh~ Alright. Go.” I shooed him to his path as I went the other way.

“I’ve never seen anyone so confusing as you!” He shouted that last sentence to me.

“Okay-oaky. Bye~” I giggled. After walking alone for a few minutes I saw Zelo up ahead with a box in his hand.

“Wait” I quickly hid behind a tree.

“If he were to give me it what should I say?” I wondered.

“Sorry? Ah- wait I’ll have to say to everyone else as well?!” I was a bit surprised.

‘Today’s going to be a bit problematic.’ I said in my head. I turned around and slowly peeked out from behind the tree.

‘Zelo is going to keep on waiting for me isn’t he?’ I thought.

“Daehyun?” I heard my name being called.

“Oh!” I was surprise. I turned around to see it was Himchan.

“Himchan. W-What are you doing here?!” I panicked.

“I’m going to school?” He raised a brow.

‘Ah, idiot. Why did I ask that?’ I mentally slapped myself.

“Oh. I uh- forgot.” I giggled.

“Well good morning.” He smiled.

“Good morning to you too.” I gave a small bow.

“I’m the first person to meet you today right?” He asked me.

“Uh, yeah. Other than my family members.” I said back awkwardly.

“Good because I want to be the first one to give you these.” He showed me a heart shaped box.

“I don’t know how to make chocolate so I bought these hopefully you’ll like them. They’re 100% edible that's for sure.” He giggled. I smiled at him as my heart raced.

‘Oh I’ve never felt like this in the past when someone gave me chocolate. I guess he is the right person.’ I said in my head.

“It’s for me?” I asked meeting his eyes.

“Yeah, didn’t I already tell you, silly.” He smiled.

“Uh- Thank you.” I accept the box of chocolate.

“Daehyun, I also have something to ask you.” He said making me a bit surprise.

“What is it that you want to ask me?”

“I already asked you this but I will keep on asking until you accept me.” He said making me nervous.

‘The question I’ve been waiting to answer.’ I said in my head.

“I love you Daehyun. Will you go out with me?” He asked, as he looked me in the eyes.

‘Should I just say yes?’ I wondered.

“Uh I have something for you.” I switch topics real quick hopefully it can help me give the answer to him. I opened up my backpack and handed the chocolate I made to him.

“For me?” He asked.

“Didn’t I already tell you, silly~” I made fun of him using his own words. He chuckled as he accepted the box.

“I made them myself and don’t worry they are edible.” I said using his words from before.

“You made them? Aw thanks I’ll enjoy them very much. So about my question?”

“Yes.” I said straight out as my cheeks burned up. Although I said yes he, didn’t seem to understand me.

“Will you go out with me?” He asked me again.

“I said yes. I’ll go out with you.” I held onto his hand as I smiled.

“Huh? Y-you mean earlier you said yes to that?” He was completely shocked. His cheeks were turning pink along with his ears. He looks pretty cute when he’s shy.

“Yes.” I nodded as I giggled at him for being confused.

“Seriously?” He still was shocked about my answer.

“I had a hard time deciding and now you’re doubting?” I pouted as I retreated my hand

“Well if you had said yes then. Thank you.” He held onto my hand.

“You had a tough time deciding and I won’t make you regret it.” He pulled me into a hug.

“Promise?” I held out my pink.

“I promise.” He hooked his pinky onto mines and locked it. We hugged each other tightly.

“I love you.” I said since I haven’t told him yet.

“I’ve been nervous all week because I didn’t know how you would answer me. I’m glad that you finally accepted me.” He whispered to me.

“What if I had said no?” I asked him as we continued hugging behind the tree.

“I will wait until I’m alone with you and ask you out again.” He chuckled.

“I should taste your chocolate. Oh an even better idea, how about we share one together,? A Chocolate kiss.” He smiled widely.

“Ah, no~ Save them for later! Let’s go to school before we’re late.” I said running off.

‘Ayy~ already wanting a kiss.’ I secretly smiled.

“Fine I’ll put it safely in my backpack.” He said as he followed me. The two of us walked awkwardly towards Zelo.

‘I think I’ll let Himchan take care of these business for me.’ I smiled happily.

“Good morning Zelo.” I said first.

“Good morning Daehyun!” Zelo was really happy to see me; not Himchan though.

“Ayyy~ why are you with him.” Zelo hissed at Himchan.

“Because I came from that way. I bought some chocolate for Daehyun.” Himchan pointed to the box in my hand.

“Whatever. Daehyun will you accept my chocolate?”

“Uhhh….” I then pulled on Himchan’s sleeve.

“What?” Himchan looked at me.

“Why don’t you tell him?” I said softly.

“Huh?” He was confused.

“Oh!” Himchan finally understood what I meant.

“Sorry Zelo but Daehyun and I are officially dating” Himchan said proud as I stood slightly behind him.

“Huh?” Zelo was confused.

“I gave him my chocolate and Daehyun gave me… His!” Himchan went into his backpack and took the box I gave him out.

‘Showing off now?’ I said in my head.

“I’ll allow you to give Daehyun chocolate but just so you know there won’t be any special feelings between you and him.” Himchan said making me snicker.

‘What’s with that attitude?’ I said in my head.

“You’re kidding. Daehyun is it true?” Zelo asked me.

“Uh- yes, sorry Zelo.” That was all I could think of to say to him.

“If you had said so then I’ll back out. I would still want to give you this.” He handed me the box of chocolate.

“Oh thank you.” I accepted it.

“I can’t believe I lost to you.” Zelo glared at Himchan.

“What? You jealous?”

“No, confused.” Zelo said back.

“Well, I know what to do now. But I still want to be your friend Daehyun.” Zelo said giving me a smile.

‘Is he forcing himself to smile?’ I wondered.

“Of course. How about Himchan’s?” I asked him.

“Ummm. If we were friends from the start then I suppose so. Anyways if he makes you sad or anything, just come to me.”

“Yah, are you still trying to find a chance with him?” Himchan said to him.

“Of course! Well bye. Daehyun, I hope you’ll enjoy the chocolate.” Zelo said to me and ran off to his school.

“One person, now it’s just all the others.” I said softly to myself.

“Himchan.” I called out to him.

“Yes?”

“For everyone else who gives me chocolate and ask me out, I want you to answer it for me.” I said softly.

“Why?”

“I want my boyfriend to do his role.” I smiled.

“Uh. Okay but I can’t be with you all the time during school.” He held my hand.

“Oh Himchan, no in public.” I pulled my hand away.

“Why~? We’re dating now.” He pouted.

“I want to get use to it first.” I gave a reassuring smile to him.

“Okay.” He pouted as we continued walking.

“I’m still planning on doing the chocolate kiss with you~” He whispered in my ear.

“H-Himchan.” I was flustered.

“Afterschool my place, okay?” He gave me a back hug. I gave him a nod as I tried to pry his hand off of me. I was really embarrassed and nervous. What if other people see us?


 

Thanks for reading~! ^-^