Not Just The Two Of Us

Your Maybes Drives Me Crazy (HimDae)

 

Himchan’s POV

“Finally I can meet Daehyun after this class.” I leaned back smiling happily

“You seem very calm about it all.” Yongguk said to me.

“I think I am serious about him. In the past I’ve only date some girls for fun and experience.” I said to him.

“Guess you haven’t known it yet. Since you‘re a friend I’ll tell you this. Not just about anyone I talk to is my friend so be grateful.” Yongguk waved his finger side to side.

“Oh~ serious talk now?” I raised an eyebrow.

“Aish~ whatever. You know that you and I asked Daehyun out right?”

“Yeah, and he said maybe to the both of us so it’s a 50/50 chance between you and me.”

“Ha-ha it’s not that easy! You see Valentines day past just a while ago so it to be in your position.” He smiled

“Valentine’s day, you mean I could have gotten a better chance asking him out that day?”

“Maybe but the main point is that Daehyun’s number of dates just increased.” He pointed his thumb upward.

‘Number of dates? He doesn’t mean boyfriends right?’ I thought

“You’re saying that maybe it’s not just me and you.”

“I’m not saying maybe I’m saying it IS! I was there when he received those boxes of chocolate and trust me, even I think I am behind all of then not to mention you who just met him yesterday. We probably have around 5% chance of making him fall for us.”

“5% then how many is that? 20 people who asked him out?” I was surprised.

“Yeah nerdy boy, doing all the math. So right now if you feel hopeless then just withdraw. You are up against 20 other people including this handsome.” He smile as he fixed his hair.

“If anything I could win over you.” I said to him.

“Oh please.” He hissed. We then stopped talking since the teacher was explain something new. Yongguk wasn’t that bad besides his overly self-confident side. We were technically rivals but he treats me fairly as just a friend.

“So Daehyun is really popular with the guys?” I asked him

“Yup it’s cause he’s too kind for his own good not to mention good looks and smartness. He helps them and they ended up falling for him. Also he gets all of their hopes up by saying maybe he’ll date them it’s just insane.” Yongguk said to me.

“Ohhh, I think I understand.” I smiled. It’s because I immediately fell for his good looks and personality the moment I saw him.

‘Aish~ I know I shouldn’t have drank the whole bottle of water.’ I my bladder was about to explode.

“Hey Yongguk, does the teacher give bathroom breaks?” I asked him

“Yeah, just ask for the pass.” He said before actually going back to writing down something. I saw that he was writing some words.

‘It’s this a math class?’ I said in my head before raising my hand to ask for the pass. Once I was able to go I sprinted down the hall to where I remember I saw the bathroom. I quickly finished my business and went back to class. In the hallway I saw that someone else was walking the same way as me and his back looked awfully familiar.

“Daehyun?” I called out.

“Oh, Hi Himchan, What are you doing out here?”

“I had to use the bathroom.” I said truthfully but I think I should have just made something up.

“So you’re heading back to class?”

“Yeah, what are you doing here?”

“The teacher asked me to make some copies.” He held up the stack of paper.

“Do you need help?” I asked

“No, it’s not heavy.” He said smiling.

‘Ah~ why must you smile so sweetly?’ I bit my bottom lip as I looked away.

“Ummm~ Daehyun, when are you free?” I took the courage and asked him

“Umm why? I have to babysit some children today.”

“I just want to hang out with you, that’s all.” I gave him a friendly smile

“I can ask the owner of the house if you could come over with me to watch over their children.”

“Really, you think they’ll let?” I asked

“Yeah, they’re really kind I’m sure they won’t mind. Besides I’m taking care of twins so I might need some help.”

“Okay then, well here’s my class, I’ll see you later at lunch. Bye~” I waved to him as I walked away slowly.

“Bye Himchan.” He said walking away.

‘I’m so excited, I get to spend some time with him after school.’ I thought going back to class. I walked into the classroom and gave the pass back to the teacher.

“Got lost going to the bathroom?” Yongguk asked me.

“Sorta.” I couldn’t control my smile. The lesson continued for the rest of the hour. Yongguk probably thought I was crazy since I was smiling so much.

~ring~

“Oh finally, I thought this class would never end especially sitting there seeing your creepy smile plastered on your face.

“I feel extra happy today.”

“Why, won some money?”

“No! We’re not old enough to gamble yet, idiot! If the teacher hears that, we might get in trouble!” I shouted at him.

“No we won’t, the teachers here aren’t that strict.”

“You’ll never know, Today’s just my second day.”

“Alright then, something happened in the bathroom?”

“Nothing. I just feel happy.” I said not telling him.

“Whatever you weirdo.” He just rolled his eyes.

~ring~

“Let’s go to lunch together since I don’t need to go any where today.”

“Alright.” I began packing up. The two of us walked to lunch. We met Jongup our way there.

“Hey Jongup.” I greeted. The three of us got into the lunch line together.

“Oh Jongup he’s one of us now.” Yongguk said to him.

‘One of us, what does he mean?’ I said in my head.

“Eh? Already?” He was surprised.

“What am I part of exactly?” I asked hoping that I didn’t sound so dumb.

“In liking Daehyun.”  He smiled softly.

“Ah~ that” it felt weird talking about this issue since it doesn’t seem normal. I mean a bunch of people liking the same person not to mention we’re all friends. We slowly moved down the line and got our lunch. Today we all chose noodles.

“Youngjae and Zelo are also.” Jongup said to me still smiling. He seems so kind and fragile but his boy is pretty built.

“Why am I not surprised?” I chuckled.

“I wonder if Daehyun is free today?” Yongguk asked out loud.

“I don’t think so, he said he had to babysit some kids.” I said completely not stating that I’ll be with him.

“Oh, how about tomorrow?” He said. We sat down at the table that we were at yesterday.

“Sorry, but he’s with me!” Zelo popped out of nowhere just like yesterday.

“Huh? Why would he want to be with a kid like you?”

“Because I can have a date with him!”

“How old are you again? Why don’t you go home and drink some milk you baby!”

“Well excuse me but he has to stay over at my house and watch me.”

“Says who?!”

“Says my parents!”

“You’re old enough to watch over yourself!”

“Who was the one calling me baby earlier?!” The two argued back and forth.

“Hello! Wow~ it seems intense today.” Youngjae looked at the two arguing.

“Yea” Jongup smiled as he ate his meal.

“Where’s Daehyun?” Youngjae asked us as he sat down.

“We don’t know, he hasn’t arrived yet if you haven’t seen.” I said playing around with him.

“Sorry for just asking~” He chuckled

“Good Afternoon everyone.” Daehyun arrived with a bouquet of flowers in one hand and his food tray on the other.

“Good Afternoon Daehyun” We all said in unison including the two who were arguing.

“Who are those from?”

“They’re from Kikwang. He said that he saw these this morning in his umma’s flower shop and thought that they are beautiful. He didn’t know who to give them to so he gave them to me.” He said smiling.

‘Guessing he has a crush on you too.’ I said in my head.

“Are you free today Daehyun?”

“No, I’m sorry. I have to baby sit some children today.” He said then looking over to me and gave a smile

“See! See~, I told you he was busy.” I spoke up right after him so that he wouldn’t mention about us being together. I glance at Daehyun to see his smile still shining.

‘Ah~ why must you smile so lovely?’ I said in my head as I stared at my plate of noodles.

“How about tomorrow?” Yongguk continued trying to find an empty spot for him to spend with Daehyun.

“I have to watch over Zelo.” He smiled.

“You heard that?” Zelo smiled proudly in front of Yongguk’s face.

“Aish~!” Yongguk shoved his face away.

“Why? He’s not a kid anymore.”

“His parents wants me to watch him when they’re gone. He’s still underage, besides I have to watch their house too.”  Daehyun said calmly.

‘It’s a good thing I was able to make an arrangement to be with him today, otherwise it might end up being next week or even few weeks.’ I thought.

“When are you free then?” Yongguk asked.

“Ummm~ I can squeeze some time the day after tomorrow.” Daehyun was thinking really hard.

“Oh okay, I actually need some help with math.” He said smiling shyly.

“I can help you.” I smirked. He just gave me a glare.

“But Daehyun would be better at it.” He said trying not to explode on me.

“So Daehyun is babysitting a job of yours after school?” I asked.

“Yeah, I want to help my family earn some money so I just except offers for taking care of children. I think they’re so cute.” He giggled.

“Yeah~” I didn’t really mean it though. Yeah some kids are cute but some are just jerks. I have some friends that had younger siblings and they were just troublemakers. I only have an older sister so I really don’t know. As for cousins and all, they usually don’t visit. After talking and eating lunchtime was over and we all went to study hall. I was only with Yongguk and the rest just scattered off.

“Hey, what are you doing after school?” Yongguk asked me.

“Oh just going home and do homework.” I lied.

“What a nerd.” He chuckled.

‘Calling me nerd? Well I’m actually spending the time with Daehyun.’ I said in my head and smiled.


 

It's been a while since I've updated, sorry~. It's because the site was having problems and I wanted to wait until everything is fixed before updating. Thanks for reading~! ^-^