seven.

That Girl: She's a Flirt.

“Was it really wise?”

You looked away from your assignment folder and stared at Miyoung. “What is?’ you asked her as your gaze moved from her face to your assignment folder. Class does not start in thirty minutes and seeing as you were too lazy to go back to your home, you decided to just sit in the lounge area and sort your rather messy assignment folder.

“Breaking up with Lay,” Miyoung stated. She looked at you, trying to gauge your expression but you had a rather blank face on – one that could probably rival the waiter at that café the both of you loved going to. “I mean… I’ve heard stories about him, Yeonju.” She bit her lips. The stories that she had heard about Lay were not nice at all. “I’m afraid he might do something to you,” Miyoung voiced out her worries when you looked at her.

You gave her a small smile and shook your head. “Don’t worry; I think I know his type and the game that he plays. I really don’t care about the relationship anymore. You know me; I don’t really take these types of things seriously.” You told her, shrugging your shoulders. To say you were worried about what your ex-boyfriend was going to do, honestly, you felt nothing. Sure, in the beginning, you thought you really liked Lay (he was sweet and charming when he wanted to be!) but as the days went on, that spark you saw in him disappeared just like that. You were somewhat glad when you broke up with him (it felt as if a rather huge boulder has been lifted from your shoulders) and your brothers couldn’t be any happier when you announced it to them. A small chuckle escaped your lips when you recalled how ecstatic your brothers were: Jong In and Sehun threw a mini-party to celebrate the end of the relationship.

Miyoung sighed; although the two of you have been friends practically forever, she still couldn’t understand this particular attitude of yours. To say you were a playgirl, that might be it but you didn’t necessarily play with their hearts. You went out with those who you had taken a liking too and when you didn’t feel the spark anymore, you broke up but most of your relationships ended on mutual agreements. Though, she never knew why you broke up with most of your ex-boyfriends - Miyoung would have held onto them; most of your ex-boyfriends were rather nice though there were times when they were snobby... like Lay. Truth be told, she never really did like Lay – there was just something about Lay that screamed trouble but you were Yeonju and knowing you, whatever you wanted, you will get, no matter what. You were stubborn like that.

“Yeonju.”

You looked up and a frown settled on your face when you saw who it was; Lay. He was standing beside you, with a bouquet of flowers in his arms. You wriggled your nose in distaste: you hated roses. You eyed him for a few seconds before ignoring him, quietly putting your papers back into your assignment folder. Miyoung gulped and looked away from Lay. She believed that if looks could kill, you would already be dead. She pretended to busy herself with her phone.

“Have you cooled yourself? I know you didn’t mean what you said back at the party.” Lay said smoothly as he sat on the couch beside you, placing the roses on your lap. You took a deep breath and tried to ignore what he was saying and picked up the roses, placing it on the table. His hand started to trace circles at your back and that was when you lost it. You abruptly stood up and turned to look at him.

“What part of breaking up do you not understand?” You all but exclaimed. Miyoung jumped from her seat slightly, startled by your sudden outburst. Her eyes were wide as she stared at the scene in front of her. Lay frowned but stood up as well, facing you.

“Oh come on, babe. Don’t tell me we’re breaking up just because of a small thing like that.” He stated and you rolled your eyes.

You scoffed and nodded your head. “You are my 20th boyfriend; before this, I broke off my relationship with my ex-boyfriends because of the littlest things! What makes you think you’re so special?” You raised your voice. That was a lie though; your breakups were all mutual and not because of the littlest things. You were normally a calm person but somehow, to make Lay see your point, you knew you had to step up your game.

Lay was boiling with rage. He hated the way you had humiliated him at your party and now, you didn’t even want him back. He gritted his teeth and clenched his fists. He was always the dumper, not the dump-ee. He took a deep breath and exhaled harshly. “Okay, fine; let it stay that way then. Can I be your number 20th and last boyfriend?” He tried to reason once more.

You looked away from him and stepped back when he tried to take your hand. You were not the type of girl to actually get back together with her ex-boyfriend. You stared at him and shook your head. “Of course, you’ll be the last.” You stated and Lay smiled, showing his killer dimple, knowing that you have once again fallen into his trap. Miyoung stared at you in disbelief and was about to say something when you opened your mouth once more. “The last person I’d go back to even when you’re the only man in this planet!” You exclaimed firmly. “Stay away from me!” You shouted and hurriedly picked up your assignment folder and headed towards your building.

You were so into your thoughts that you did not realize that a man was walking towards the door until you bumped into him, slamming your nose on his shoulder. You hissed in pain as you stepped back, a hand on your nose. “Oh Krisus,” You exclaimed as your nose started throbbing and your eyes began to water.

“Are you alright?” A man asked and you narrowed your eyes at him; the man in front of you looked extremely familiar - if it weren’t for the fact that your nose was throbbing, you probably would have questioned if you knew who he was. He stepped back, slightly taken aback by your reaction. Your nose began to ooze blood and his eyes widen like saucers. “Your n-nose, it’s bleeding!” He stated and you pulled your hand away, staring at it horridly.

You couldn’t believe your luck. Not only did you have to meet your possessive ex-boyfriend, you also had to run into a guy, slamming your nose. One thing you hated about yourself was that you easily bruised and you knew this meant that you will be walking around the campus with a bruised nose. You swallowed as you stared at your hand; you weren’t afraid of blood but the sight and the smell always made you feel nauseous. “A-ah, here you go!” The man handed a handkerchief to you and you stared at it, not knowing what to do with it.

Before you could even ask him what it was for, you heard the familiar tune of the bell and your eyes widened. If you didn’t hurry to your class, you would be late and your professor would give you a ‘tick’ for being late and getting a ‘tick’ on your perfect attendance (your “I’ve-never-been-late-once-in-my-life record”) was not something you wanted. You shook your head and without waiting for the man to talk, you sped off to your class.

Kyungsoo stood there, frozen. He felt bad that your nose was bleeding but at the same time, he was surprised that you were not as bad as people had labelled you to be; Kyungsoo actually thought you would be screaming your head off at him. Before he could assess what had happened, a hand slammed on his shoulder, making him jump slightly and he turned around to face the owner. Baekhyun and Chanyeol were standing there, smiling like hyenas.

“So… we saw what happened,” Chanyeol wriggled his eyebrows and Baekhyun nodded his head. “That was Yeonju right?” He asked and Kyungsoo slowly nodded his head, putting away the handkerchief.

Baekhyun stared at his friend before shaking his head. “Come on; we need to get to class. We have all the time in the world after class for you to tell us what exactly happened from the beginning.” He stated as he pulled Kyungsoo and Chanyeol towards their lecture hall. 


dumplingcheeks_'s corner
Lol! I don’t know why but I laughed when I read the comments! Sorry that I haven’t updated in a while (is 3-days a long time?) but I’ve been sick for the past few days and I’m still recovering! And Kyungsoo and Yeonju finally meet! Though they haven’t exactly talked just yet; there were a couple of things that I edited out just so they could meet! Haha. Thank you for the comments and the subs - that made my night! :) oh and if any of you wondered how in the world Yeonju's nose could bleed because of slamming onto Kyungsoo's shoulder, it's because she has a bleeding disorder - it's nothing fatal though. 

PS: As usual, I haven't gone through the chapter just yet so there might be a couple of mistakes here and there. (or a lot!)

On the happier note (sort of), I’m finally getting my to Seoul! Though not any time soon. Sigh.