two.

That Girl: She's a Flirt.

 “Do you think I should get this blue paisley print dress or this navy pocket trim dress?” You asked Miyoung, who was standing beside you, as you lifted the pair of dresses that caught your eyes. “Which one do you think suits me better?” You looked at her as you placed one of the dresses in front of you. “This one or…” You trailed off as you modeled the other dress for Miyoung. “Or this one?”

You were actually supposed to be in your afternoon class right now but somehow, you didn’t get the memo that the class was cancelled and was postponed to next Tuesday because your lecturer’s daughter was really sick. Hence when you arrived to an empty class, you were a little more than frustrated that no one had told you about the class being cancelled. Which was why you called Miyoung and told her to meet you at the shopping center in twenty minutes; you needed to blow some steam off and shopping always made you feel at ease and calm.

“Honestly, even if you wear a potato sack, you would still look prettier,” Miyoung stated and you merely scoffed at her words playfully. “But seriously, that dress,” she points at the paisley dress. “Makes you look cute and refreshing but that dress,” she points at the pocket trim dress, “makes you look rather mature… but I can’t choose between the two. They are both really good on you.” Miyoung stated and after a few seconds of staring at the dresses, she went back to searching through the racks to find a dress for herself. You pouted slightly but held the dresses in front of you, contemplating which one you should take. You could take both but… you didn’t feel like buying both of them.

“Baby, you should take the paisley dress.” Upon hearing the voice close to your ears, you jumped slightly and turned around. Miyoung followed your lead. “Go for the cute look,” Yixing, better known as Lay, your current boyfriend stated as he flashed his heart-warming grin at the both of you. He knew you were surprised to see him there.

“Lay,” You greeted him half-heartedly, planting a kiss on his cheek. Lay grinned at you as he wrapped his arm on your shoulder. “How did you know I was here?” You asked him. Miyoung stared at the both of you before shrugging her shoulders and went back to looking for her dress.

“Hmm,” Lay pressed a kiss on your temple. “I missed you today so I called your driver and he told me you were here.” Lay stared at you. You gave him a small smile: out of all the boyfriends that you have had, Lay was your latest and he certainly will not be your last. You shrugged his arm off of your shoulders and headed towards the mirror, looking at the dresses in front of you. After a few minutes of modeling for yourself, you turned around to look at Lay.

“But I’m nearly twenty; I don’t want to go for the cutesy look,” You protested softly. “So I should look more matured instead of looking like a little girl, right?” You turned to look at Miyoung. She stared at you before looking at Lay and back at you. She didn’t want to come in between you and Lay.

Miyoung slowly shrugged her shoulders, an uncertain expression evident on her face. “Whatever you wear, you would still look beautiful.” Miyoung concluded. Like she has said before, even if you wore a potato sack, people would still look at you with adoration and love.

“Trust me, honey, you’ll look hot in that one,” Lay reasoned. He still believed you would look far better with the dress he had suggested. The other one wasn’t too revealing like the one he had chosen and he hated it when you wore dresses that covered your beautiful body.

You sighed inwardly, a tad bit annoyed at how he was dictating you. “But I don’t have the clutch to go with this one.” You fibbed. Now that you thought about it, you are going to turn twenty and you didn’t want people to look at you the same – like you haven’t changed.

“I know a place that sells designer’s clutches; we can go there after this, okay? If Miyoung is busy, I can accompany you.” Lay stated firmly, glancing at his watch. His class wasn’t going to start in three hours and he had more than enough time for you. The problem lay within you; you were like a mushroom, always popping up unannounced and disappearing the next. But still, Lay wanted to be with you; you were always full of surprises and he loved a good challenge.

You looked at Lay before slowly nodding your head. “I’m just gonna go pay for these.” You muttered and headed towards the counter. The cashier smiled when she saw you approaching.

“It’s nice to see you again, Miss Yang,” The cashier, Taeyeon, stated as she began scanning your dresses. You flashed a smile at her as you stared at the cash register. No one could deny that the pictures do you no justice: you looked gorgeous in real life rather than on printed papers. Taeyeon continued to observe you; your bangs covered your forehead, making you look like a doll. You had fair complexion, fairer than most women. And she wasn’t as cocky or spoiled as the tabloids have stated she was. After you finished paying for the dresses, Taeyeon smiled brightly. “Thank you for coming, Miss Yang. Please come again,” Taeyeon stated.

“Oh, I will; see you around, thanks!” You exclaimed as you picked up one of their cards and placed it inside your Louis Vuitton wallet. You headed towards the racks where you left Miyoung and Lay, only to find Lay standing there. You looked around for Miyoung and furrowed your eyebrows.

“She had somewhere to go; you haven’t eaten lunch yet, right?” Lay asked and before you could even answer, he pulled you out of the shop and you had no choice but to follow him.


dumplingcheeks_'s corner
first of all, I'd like to say, I had a hard time choosing who her boyfriend would be. Originally, I intended for her boyfriend to be Kris... but then I realize that Kris is already the waiter so yeah. Then it went between Chanyeol and Lay so I opted for Lay. Thanks to those who have subscribed and commented! Happy that people are reading this story of mine C: keep the feebacks coming, yeah? lol - no pressure. If anyone ever wonders how Miyoung look like... Miyoung's Tiffany. I prefer calling Tiffany, Miyoung. Other than that, I hope you enjoyed the chapter! C:

ps: sorry if there are any mistakes, didn't get to go through it properly yet.


the whole world just stops and stares for a while.