twenty-three.

That Girl: She's a Flirt.

 

Your parents were two peas in a pod, some would say. Whilst some would probably say that your parents were like yin and yang – different but when put together, create a rather wonderful complex. Looking at the bigger picture, the media have always painted your family as a ‘wonderful, ideal’ family – your father was a genius in what he did and your mother was absolutely amazing in what she does and put together, they made a rather unbeatable and invincible pair. Some would often say that your family was really lovely and generous; your father was always seen buying gifts for either your mother or you (occasionally for your brothers too) and your mother was always involved with any sort of charity – donating generous amounts of money to said charity.

But what people never realized was that it was easy to fall into the trap of thinking that your family was as perfect as what the media had painted. In reality, your parents were everything but. Most of the things they did were for selfish purposes and it was blatantly obvious that the two of them were not in love with each other – hence the reason as to why you had two different brothers – although it was only when you were older did you understand the reason why. You have always known that the two of them only stayed together because your grandparents were still alive; apparently, according to the staffs that had worked longer with your parents, both of your parents had different lovers that were not accepted by members of the family and try as they might, the two of them could never get the approval they wanted. And for fear of getting burnt off of the family tree, your parents had agreed to marry each other. It hurt you deeply when you realized that the three of you (i.e. Jongin, Sehun and you) were never part of the reason why your parents were still together.

“Oh, nuna, you’re here.” Sehun’s quiet murmurs brought you out of your reverie. You looked up from your soggy cereals and greeted your brother. “Morning,” He yawned as he sat in front of you after taking a bowl of mango shaved ice. “I thought you were going to go out with that hyung today.”

You shook your head. “Kyungsoo has a couple of things to do this morning; he’s planning on coming over later though, around lunch.” You told Sehun who merely nodded his head as he shoved the wonderful dessert inside his mouth. “That’s not really healthy, baby.” You pointed out and Sehun shrugged his shoulders.

“Why did we let the staffs of this house have a day off every Sunday?” Sehun asked in return. You shrugged your shoulders – it always has been liked that and you never questioned any of the staffs.

“Where is Jongin? He’s usually up by this hour.” Your eyes travelled to the clock – it was nearly eleven. Out of the three of you, it was a given fact that you were always the last one to wake up when you do not have things to do early in the morning. Sehun turned his head to glance at the clock and shrugged his shoulders.

“I think he’s still sleeping,” Sehun stated before asking for a tissue from you. You handed the tissue to him and looked at him questioningly. “Our dance teacher has been pushing us lately; Jongin hyung and I were picked as the representatives for Seoul for the upcoming dance competition in Tokyo. Yesterday, we did a crazy routine. Four sets of dance moves and Jongin hyung covered more than I did.” Sehun explained and you frowned. “I’m still really sore as we speak.” Sehun said, giving you a pout and you reached over the table to affectionately ruffle his hair.

Before you could ask him any further questions regarding the dance competition in Tokyo, Jongin sluggishly walked inside the dining room, wrapped in his duvet. “Nuna, I don’t feel so good.” Jongin muttered to you when he saw you. He slowly waddled over to where you were sitting and sat beside you, leaning against your shoulder.

You let out a gasp when you felt his really warm forehead. “Are you sick?” You asked him; worry laced in your words. You turned to face him, placing the back of your hand on his forehead. The frown on your face deepened. “You’re burning up!” Both of your hands cupped his face and you lifted his head from your shoulder.

When Jongin groaned in pain, that was when you began to panic; the last time any of your brothers had gotten ill, they had to be hospitalized. “Nuna, don’t talk so loud.” Jongin mumbled incoherently but since you were really close to him, you had heard him loud and clear. “My waist hurts too.” He stated and you carefully lifted the duvet from his waist and his shirt to see that he had placed a couple of plasters for sore muscles on his back and waist. Shivers went down your spine and you turned your teary eyes towards Sehun who also had a quite similar expression on his face.

“We need to bring him to the hospital!”

...

For the time being, we’ll keep him here, to monitor his temperature.” The doctor’s words rang in your ears and you clenched your trembling hands together. “His back injury seems to be acting up once more.” You felt bad – you felt horrible; these things were the things you were supposed to notice as their big sister. “He may have over-exhausted himself and strained his older injuries.” It tore your heart apart when Jongin had to be assisted in to the hospital due to how painful his back had been. The tears that threatened to fall earlier slid down your face and you looked at your lap, not wanting to let anyone see you in the state you were in.

An arm slowly draped itself onto your shoulder and the next thing you knew, you were crying on to Kyungsoo’s shoulder. “He- I should have known his back was hurting again!” You slurred in between your hard sobs and tears. Kyungsoo merely rubbed your back and you circled your arms around his waist. You could feel soft lips pressing on the top of your head but you were too worried about your brother to actually register what Kyungsoo had done.

Once you had finished crying (and thoroughly soaking Kyungsoo’s shirt), you pulled away from your boyfriend. “How,” You tried to wipe away your tears but Kyungsoo stopped you.

Using his free hand, Kyungsoo took out his handkerchief and began slowly dabbing the tears from your face, not caring if his handkerchief was going to get dirty with some of your makeup. “Sehun called me,” Kyungsoo explained. He was actually really surprised when he had received a call from Sehun – he would not have been surprised if he had received a call from Jongin because Kyungsoo was sure the two of them were somewhat ‘chummy’ now. “We’re at the hospital was all he said before he hung up.”

You nodded your head and “You must think I’m silly for crying like this,” You started to explain but Kyungsoo merely shook his head, a small smile appeared on his face. “I’m sorry that you had to come over here. I know you told me you had things to do,” You frowned.

“It’s okay; do you want to visit Jongin now? Where is Sehun?” Kyungsoo asked and you pointed to the room that was not far from where the two of you were sitting. “Is that where Jongin is now?”

“I requested for a private room. Once this gets out, I know the place will be flocked with paparazzi.” You explained and untangled your arms from his waist. Kyungsoo stood up and waited for you to stand up before grasping your hand. Kyungsoo merely squeezed your hand lightly before pulling you towards the room you had pointed before.

Thank you. Deep inside, you were extremely grateful that Kyungsoo was by your side at the moment.


 

I rewrote this chapter like five times because for all five times I was dissatisfied with how it turned out but I was actually okay with this version! Lol; so anyways, Yeonju cried because one of the very few people that she truly loves is hurting and she feels like she’s a bad sister for not noticing the signs and you know, all that jazz. I just wanted to show how the society paints her family and how she actually feels about her own family.

And I have passed 200 subscribers! Thank you for subscribing and commenting! It really makes me happy to know that some people actually read this story of mine! Tbh, I really had nothing planned out for this story – it goes along as I type because let’s face it, I can never stick to the plans that I make! orz.

Ps: I literally just sat in front of my computer, reading the whole story on my iTouch. There might be mistakes here and there so err… forgive me for the mistakes! And SMTOWN in Jakarta later on ;A; I’m crey – can’t wait for the fancams to be uploaded!

so... was this chapter okay? lol, hope you enjoyed it!