fourteen.

That Girl: She's a Flirt.

Call me Kyungsoo.

Kyungsoo did not know what drove him to say that to her. He swallowed the lump that formed in his throat – he still could not believe he actually had the nerves to say that to Yeonju. He was pretty sure that she would just ignore what he had said and continue to call him ‘D.O’ (not that he minded) but when he saw the bright look that appeared on her face after the words left his mouth, Kyungsoo felt relieved. His cheeks felt warm and he knew, without even looking at the mirror, that his face was probably as red as his Suho hyung’s hair. If Baekhyun hyung and Chanyeol hyung were here, they would probably tease me to no ends.

“Oh, that store looks fancy: can we go there?” Yeonju turned to look at Kyungsoo, blinking her eyes innocently. At this point, she didn’t even care if Kyungsoo said no and change his mind about their date: she was ecstatic that he was comfortable around her for her to call him as ‘Kyungsoo’ and not his nickname, ‘D.O.’

Kyungsoo looked over to where Yeonju was pointing and nodded his head. The two of them were currently in COEX mall - walking around and talking about random (yet necessary) things. Originally, Kyungsoo had planned on bringing Yeonju to the café near their campus and have lunch with her but when he voiced it out to Chanyeol and Baekhyun, his hyungs’ insistent “No, you can’t!” and “Don’t do it, Kyungsoo!” made him change his mind. He decided to listen to them since he knew they were far more experienced than he was in the whole dating – having a girlfriend/boyfriend thing. Although he should have known that people who knew who Yeonju was were going to stare at them.

Yeonju beamed at him and tightened the hold that she had on his hand as she led him to the store. Kyungsoo’s gaze fell on the grip that she had on his hand. Instead of feeling uncomfortable, Kyungsoo actually enjoyed having the feeling of her hand in his. Her hand was soft… just like her lips. Kyungsoo’s eyes widened slightly at his own thoughts and he immediately shook his head, willing the thoughts to go away before concentrating on Yeonju.

The shopkeeper’s jaw dropped slightly when she saw Yeonju stepping inside their humble store. Everyone, who was anyone (and that kept up with gossips and tabloids!), knew who Yeonju was. The shopkeeper was surprised to see her stepping into a shop that was not even top-notch nor did the shop sell any branded items. She gulped nervously; were what they say about her true? The shopkeeper’s eyes fell onto the man behind Yeonju. Her heart raced slightly when she caught a glimpse of the man. One word to properly describe him: handsome.

“Are you planning on buying anything?” Kyungsoo asked as he stood beside Yeonju, subtly eyeing the prices of the shirts. If she wanted to buy a shirt or two, Kyungsoo was willing to pay for it. Yeonju gave him a smile that made his chest feel slightly constricted and shook her head.

“I need an opinion though.” Yeonju muttered as she picked out a couple of shirts. “Which one of these would look great on Jong In?” Yeonju looked at the shirts before picking a few more and placing it beside the ones that she had picked earlier.

He furrowed his eyebrows in confusion. Jong In?

“But these look like something that Sehunnie would wear,” Yeonju frowned as she stared at the shirts that she had just picked out. Yeonju looked up in time to see Kyungsoo frowning. That was when she realized that he didn’t know who Jong In and Sehun were. “Jong In and Sehun are my brothers,” Yeonju added.

Kyungsoo felt as if a large boulder had been lifted from his shoulders when he heard her explanation. “I didn’t know you have brothers.” Kyungsoo blurted out. Honestly, he didn’t. Yeonju smiled and nodded her head.

“Half brothers but they are my brothers nonetheless.” Yeonju stated and continued to scrutinize the shirts. “Could you help me with these please?” Yeonju pouted slightly as she turned to Kyungsoo for help. Kyungsoo blinked a couple of times before subconsciously taking a step towards her.

“Tell me what your brothers are like – I can help you pick out the shirts.”

“Pfft, what is that hyung doing?” Sehun gritted his teeth as he squinted to get a better look of what was happening in the store. “Why is he standing so close to our nuna?” He hissed when he saw D.O, do, dough – whatever his name was – stepping closer to his nuna. Jong In frowned and crossed his arms. He definitely did not like how close that man was standing beside his nuna.

“Oh my god; are they buying couple shirts?” Jong In muttered: his words were laced with annoyance and flabbergast. “Wait… those shirts look like the ones that we wanted – don’t tell me she’s buying them for him!” Jong In growled under his breath as he stood beside Sehun. So far, Jong In did not like the man and he kept on questioning himself why his nuna would even want to date a man whose eyes were larger than the world itself! Jong In began grumbling under his breath about the man’s eyes but it was coherent enough for the rest to understand his monologue.

Luhan snickered quietly and cleared his throat when Sehun shot him a glare. “Oh, look, Yeonju nuna is at the counter now!” Luhan pointed out and Sehun immediately went back to stalk (observe) his sister. Luhan sighed and rubbed his temple before turning to look at Miyoung, who was happily sipping her latte as if whatever was happening did not bother her at all. She probably enjoys watching this; Luhan mused to himself as he walked over to where Miyoung was and frowned. “Are they always like this?”

“Depends; it could have been much worse,” Miyoung said vaguely. No matter how many times Yeonju has gone on a date, it was still amusing to watch her two brothers spying on her. It made everything even funnier that Yeonju was oblivious to her surrounding at times. “That one time, one of Yeonju’s ex-boyfriends pulled the yawning trick in the cinema, by the time the movie ended, the poor man went home with a bucket worth of popcorn on his person.” Miyoung giggled at the memory.

Luhan’s frown deepened even more as he turned to look at the two younger men. “…They have serious sister complex.”

“If only Suho hyung was here,” Baekhyun whispered as he pretended to wipe a stray away from his cheek. “This is such a memorable day: our Kyungsoo is finally on his very first date!” He stated proudly and Chanyeol nodded his head in agreement.

“And will you look at that: he hasn’t even let go of her hand yet!” Chanyeol snickered happily as he pointed to the couple. The two of them were currently seated not far from the entrance of the shop, enabling them to look at what was happening. “I still can’t believe our Kyungsoo actually agreed.”

“To be her boyfriend or to the whole thing?” Baekhyun asked.

“The whole thing… Could he by any chance like her?” Chanyeol answered Baekhyun’s question with a question of his own. The two of them stared at each other, as if trying to process the whole thing before laughing and shaking their heads. “Highly doubt it.” The both of them turned their attention back to the shop… where the couple was nowhere.

“…I think they went left!”

“I’m sorry if you feel uncomfortable,” Kyungsoo muttered apologetically as he rubbed the back of his neck. “This is my first time going on a date…” He trailed off when he heard her soft giggles. Kyungsoo let a small smile crawl on his face.

“It’s okay,” Yeonju chirped happily as she ate her strawberry ice-cream. “Thank you for buying this ice-cream for me. Not a lot of people know that I prefer strawberry when it comes to ice-cream flavours.” She stated as she looked at Kyungsoo who smiled shyly in return.

Kyungsoo cleared his throat and averted his gaze when Yeonju her lips. “Do you want to go for lunch-“ Before Kyungsoo could finish asking her that question, her phone began to ring. Yeonju blinked a couple of times and rummaged through her bag to find her phone. “Let me hold this for you.” Kyungsoo stated and Yeonju smiled at him as Kyungsoo took the ice cream from her hand and she immediately answered the call.

“Jong In… Sehunnie, calm down, both of you; I can’t understand what you’re saying!” Yeonju frowned. Kyungsoo kept quiet as he observed Yeonju. The way her nose would crinkle in distaste, the way she would furrow her eyebrows… Kyungsoo took a deep breath and sighed: he needed to stop thinking about her like that. After making sure he was not going to be thinking like that about Yeonju, Kyungsoo concentrated back on said woman, just in time to hear her talk with her brothers. “Of course; I love the both of you too… Yes, I’m sure. I’ll see you in a few, okay?” Yeonju ended the call and turned to look at Kyungsoo.

“Sorry it took so long,” Yeonju said apologetically as she took her ice-cream from his hand. “Your hand is dirty now.” She frowned and before Kyungsoo could say anything, Yeonju took out a few wet tissues from her bag and began to wipe the strawberry on his hand. Kyungsoo felt his cheeks blushing.

“I-I can do that,” Kyungsoo tried to take the tissues from her but one look from Yeonju, Kyungsoo shut his mouth and watched as she cleaned his hand. Once she was done, Yeonju laced her fingers with his. “So… what did your brothers say, if you don’t mind me asking?”

Yeonju shook her head. “My brothers want to eat lunch with me.” Kyungsoo’s shoulders dropped slightly. “But I told them I was with you and then they suddenly insisted that you come along too. So I guess we’ll be going with my brothers for lunch, is that fine?” She turned to ask him and Kyungsoo smiled at her before nodding his head.


Dumplingcheeks_'s corner
I'm sorry I haven't updated this sooner! lol, I kept on meaning to update but things always got in the way. And I was about to update yesterday when we had a blackout. My autosave was no use - it only saved the earlier parts of the document so I had this rewritten like a bajillion times (I kid though). I know I said it was going to be fluffy but... it's their first date together and Kyungsoo's first date ever. So he's shy and awkward - that's what I was trying to portray. lol. I don't know. Hoped you enjoyed the chapter! I like having SeKai moments and BaekYeol moments! lol. And poor Lulu got pushed down by fans in the airport yesterday.

ps: I haven't gone through the chapter as usual so there might be a lot of mistakes here and there. Feedback is/are welcomed!