six.

That Girl: She's a Flirt.

“Happy birthday, Yeonju-ssi,” A couple of girls (fellow students?) exclaimed once they saw you. You smiled at them and chatted mindlessly as they gave you their gifts. “Thank you for inviting us.”

You nodded your head, looking at the boxes in your arms. “Have you girls eaten yet?” You asked them as you looked away from your presents. “Or did you just arrive?”

“Oh, we’re on our way to the buffet room now.” One of the girls told you and you nodded your head as you ushered them to the room. You walked around the place, smiling at those who were smiling at you. Once you reached one of the guest rooms, you opened the door and walked inside. You placed the presents on the bed and sat beside them. You sighed and closed your eyes, willing your headache to go away. You had slept really late last night; the three of you ended up watching a lot of DVDs and it was only around 4, that all of you went to sleep. By the time you woke up, you were disappointed to find out that your parents did not even greet you and instead were on their way to their meeting with the clients and will be taking a flight to London afterwards. They did not even leave you any messages nor birthday wishes.

“Nuna.”

You opened your eyes and saw your brother, Sehun, standing at the doorway. “Are you alright?” He asked as he made his way to you. You nodded your head and smiled at your brother. He pulled you up and placed his hand on your forehead, making you chuckle at his behaviour. “You feel fine.” He stated and you nodded your head, taking his hand in yours.

“My brother looks handsome tonight,” You told him. Sehun grinned and winked at you. Even though what he was wearing was really simple, he looked absolutely gorgeous. Sehun had a white shirt matched with a really pale cream cardigan with knee-length plaid pants.

“You should see Jong In hyung then,” Sehun stated as the both of you walked out of the room. “Oh, I remembered why I was looking for you.” Sehun told you and you looked at your brother. “Your boyfriend was looking for you.” He said dismissively.

“And how long ago was this?” You asked him and Sehun shrugged his shoulders. You couldn’t even get mad at your brother and merely shook your head. You excused yourself from him and went down to the ground floor. Out of all of your ex-boyfriends, this was the very first time where your brothers have openly shown their true feelings: they hated Lay but you never got the chance to ask them why.

On your way down, you spotted Miyoung with a rather adorable looking boy. “Miyoung,” You exclaimed happily when you saw your best friend. Miyoung rushed towards you and the both of you hugged. She planted kisses on your cheeks and stepped back. “Happy birthday!”

You grinned at her and your eyes wandered to the man beside her. “Your date?” You asked her and Miyoung’s eyes widened in horror as she shook her head. The man chuckled and held his hand out.

“I’m Luhan, Miyoung nuna’s cousin.” He introduced himself and you eyed him. “Happy birthday, Yeonju-ssi,” He added. Luhan was absolutely gorgeous and before you could even say anything to that, Miyoung’s startled yelp shook you out of your train of thoughts. Luhan stepped towards his cousin, worry evident on his face.

“Lay is going to freak; why are you wearing this dress? I thought he wanted you to wear the other one!” Miyoung stated as she held the end of your dress. You swatted her hand away and nodded your head as you straightened the crease. “But?”

“He’s not the boss of me; I can wear whatever I like. Besides, my brothers love this dress on me.” You told Miyoung and Miyoung furrowed her eyebrows before nodding her head. She knew how important your brothers were to you but things were going to get ugly once Lay sees you with that dress, she thought to herself. “Oh, have the two of you eaten yet?”

“Not yet,” Luhan shook his head and you smiled at him. Not only was he gorgeous, he was adorable too! But not as adorable as your brothers, Jong In and Sehun. “Nuna, are we going to eat or just stand here?” Luhan asked Miyoung who flipped her hair off of her shoulders, nearly hitting Luhan’s face. You covered your mouth when laughter threatened to spill out of your mouth.

“Fine; I’ll see you later, Yeonju! Come on, Lulu, let’s eat,” Miyoung exclaimed as she pulled Luhan away. Luhan turned back to look at you and waved his hand. You waved back and shook your head. You turned around and were greeted by your frowning boyfriend.

“Why are you wearing that dress, Yeonju? I thought I told you to wear the other dress,” Lay stated as he looked at the awful dress you were wearing. He really didn’t know what was wrong with you; you used to listen to his every word but now, it seemed as if you were doing things to piss him off. "What's wrong with you, Yeonju?" He let out an irritated sigh.

You stepped back and frowned. "What's wrong with me? What's wrong with you?" You threw his question back. He didn't even greet you and yet he was scrutinizing your dress.

"Last night your brothers were giving me a headache and now, you too?" Lay narrowed his eyes at you. "Please change your dress; go use the one that I told you to use. I want to introduce you to my friends, hurry!" He ordered and you narrowed your eyes at his attitude. Seeing that you weren't even moving, Lay stepped towards you but you stepped backwards. "Hurry up then," He sneered.

"Just because you're a man, you think you can tell me what I should do?" You exclaimed, suprising Lay and the people that were around. You were normally a rather likeable girl but this side of you was really surprising. Lay blinked a couple of times as he stared at you in shock. You never raised your voice at him - hell, you rarely get mad but this... "That's it; I'm sick of this - sick of you and sick of this relationship!" You shouted. "We are done; this is over - E-N-D." You said through gritted teeth.

"Excuse me?" Lay's eyes widened. He could not believe what you have just said.

"You're excused. Now please, get the hell out of my house before I call the security guards and make them throw your bossy on the pavements!" You stated coldly and turned around to leave your ex-boyfriend that was staring disbelievingly at you. The people that saw what happened began to whisper and Lay narrowed his eyes, glaring at everyone that was looking at him. You are not going to get away with it just like that, Yang Yeonju! Just you wait.


dumplingcheeks_'s corner
hello! thanks for the lovely comments and thanks to those that subscribed as well! lol, where is Kyungsoo. that's a good question xD I just wanted to build her character first but don't worry; once Kyungsoo officially meets with Yeonju, he's not going anywhere. or something like that! & they broke up. :c lol, anyways, hope you enjoyed this! 

ps: if there were any mistakes, do ignore it - i haven't exactly went through the chapter just yet. I've been feeling under the weather for two days now :c