eighteen.

That Girl: She's a Flirt.

 

“Sehun-ah~”

Sehun let out a muffled groan when he felt his bed dipping and two bodies slamming beside him. He didn’t have to open his eyes to know that it was his nuna and Jong In – they were the only two people in the world that dared to step inside his room. He hid his head under the pillow, trying to drown out their hushed whispers but it was all in vain. “What do you guys want?” Sehun asked, mentally cringing at how hoarse his voice sounded.

“For you to wake up~ We need to get breakfast together and I can finally drop the two of you off!” Yeonju said excitedly as she rolled off the bed, nearly falling down if it wasn’t for Jong In who saved her. “Thank you, Jong In,” She grinned at him and stood at the edge of Sehun’s bed. Sehun opened his eyes and blinked a couple of times, adjusting to the bright light. “Come on, Sehun-ah~”

“Get up lazy bum; the parents are home.” Jong In muttered and Sehun frowned before nodding his head. Jong In stood beside his sister, towering over her slightly. “Let’s leave Sehun to his shower, nuna,” Jong In stated and Yeonju stared at him before nodding her head. Sehun watched silently as his siblings walked out of the door. He sighed and sat up, running a hand through his already messy hair.

“Breakfast with the parents,” Sehun scoffed as he pushed away the sheets and stepped off the bed. “That’ll be a fun thing to go through.” He muttered bitterly as he picked up his towel and headed towards the bathroom.

He knew it was too good to be true.

Breakfast with the parents? What a joke.

“But we haven’t had a decent breakfast as a family in a while,” Yeonju protested meekly and quieted down when her father, Tae Jun, glared at her. Sehun clenched his fists at the pain flickered through his sister’s face and Jong In nudged him slightly.

“You think I would eat these stuffs?” Tae Jun scoffed as he stared at his plate. “I think I just lost my appetite.” He shook his head and briskly stood up. “Come on, Ji Won, we have a flight to catch and a meeting to attend to. We best be going now.” He stated and picked up his blazer. Tae Jun slid on his blazer and without exchanging any words with his children; he walked out of the dining room.

“Flight?” Yeonju looked at her mother questioningly and Ji Won nodded her head curtly. “Where are you guys going?”

“We’re going to France; I’ll make sure to send some dresses over for you, honey.” Ji Won said dismissively and followed after her husband. Sehun growled under his breath lightly. This was what he really hated about his parents; they were so into business that they think money could always buy happiness. On normal circumstances, it would have been the solution to every problem but it pained him to see his sister feeling really dejected.

“Nuna…” Jong In tried to reach for Yeonju’s hand but Yeonju merely gave him a small smile and shook her head.

“Eat up; why aren’t you eating?” Yeonju asked with that smile still plastered on her face. Sehun narrowed his eyes at her. “Eat, please. I’m fine – we’re used to that.” Yeonju laughed dryly. You won’t fool me, nuna.

At times like this, Sehun never knew what to do. Both Jong In and himself have given up trying to get their parents’ attentions and loves but both of them were really aware at how Yeonju was still trying to get the family together. It was sad to see things like that sometimes. Despite being younger than his nuna, Sehun knew how much she wanted the whole family to be like a real family; it was somewhat evident with how much effort his nuna would put into simple gestures like trying to have breakfast together and even going as far as cooking their parents’ breakfasts. At times, Sehun felt like shaking his nuna and yelling at her that their parents will never change but he never had the heart to do it. It was somewhat heartbreaking to see his wonderful nuna having to beg for their parents’ attentions.

“Sehun-ssi, are you listening?” The teacher called out. Sehun tore his gaze away from the window and stared at his teacher with a blank expression. “Please repeat what I have just said.”

Sehun merely stared at him before opening his mouth. “It shows the limitations of man’s ability to know and predict the world.” Sehun stated – his words were dripping with boredom. “Not only that, the truth is, we cannot know and cannot predict any view of life derived from western science. And myths are hopelessly inadequate.” Sehun decided to throw in his two cents in the matter they were discussing. His teacher stared at him before nodding his head sheepishly.

“Moving on…”

Sehun decided to drown his teacher’s voice with his own thoughts. Recalling the events that happened earlier that morning, it still made his blood boil. To say he was not affected by his parents’ treatments, there was still a part in him that was affected. But unlike his nuna, he knew how to hide it well. Sehun realized that his nuna seemed to wear her heart on her sleeves when it came to things that involved their parents. Sehun knew, even with the smile that she plastered on her face that morning, his nuna was really sad inside. He hated seeing his nuna sad. Sometimes, Sehun wished all of them were born in to a normal family, with loving parents. That’s one wishful thinking…

Sehun kicked the pebbles as he walked aimlessly. His mind was wandering towards the conversation that he had with Jong In earlier… which lead him to this predicament.

“What do you have against nuna’s new boyfriend?” Jong In asked as he sipped his coke. Sehun shrugged his shoulders as he bite onto his sandwich. “Liar,” Jong In scoffed playfully. “I think that hyung’s cool but I don’t know.”

Sehun nearly choked on his sandwich when he heard what Jong in has said. “You think that hyung’s cool?” He asked in disbelief as he shook his head. “I don’t like that hyung. His eyes are too big.” He muttered. Jong In chuckled but quieted down afterwards. The silence between them was normally comfortable but there was just something in the air that made Sehun feel really uncomfortable.

“Fine; maybe I’m really afraid that if I say ‘yes’ to their relationship, nuna’s going to spend more time with her boyfriend!” Sehun confessed. “I… just feel insecure; I see how nuna looks at him – it’s different from how she used to look at her ex-boyfriends… what if she starts neg- ouch!” Sehun hissed as he rubbed the back of his head.

Jong In stared at him, arms crossed and eyes narrowed. Sehun gulped slightly. “Are you seriously that idiotic?” Jong In hissed and Sehun furrowed his eyebrows. He was about to retaliate when Jong In continued talking. “Nuna would never do that to us! She loves us too much, you dummy!”

Sehun kept his mouth shut. He knew that was true – the countless of times his nuna would drop whatever she wanted to do whenever they call her name…

“Sehun?”

Said man blinked a couple of times and his eyes fell onto… Luhan. “Oh, it’s you.” Sehun stated as he stared at his nuna’s friend.

“What are you doing here?” Luhan asked as he looked around. “You’re alone?” It was surprising to see him without Jong In. According to Miyoung, these two rarely stay away from each other unless they had a little disagreement. Suddenly, it dawned on him. “Come; I’ll treat you to bubble tea!” Luhan exclaimed and gripped Sehun’s arm, dragging him. Sehun stumbled a couple of times as he tried to pull away from Luhan.

“For someone who looks like they can forever be at the age of sixteen, you’re strong.” Sehun muttered when they reached a shop. Luhan chuckled and dragged Sehun inside. “What is this place?” Sehun looked around the place warily. The air smelled sickeningly sweet and it felt stuffy too.

“Heaven on earth.” Luhan muttered as he released the hold he had on Sehun’s arm. “Stay here; I’ll order bubble tea for the both of us.” Sehun could only nod his head as he watched the man walking towards the counter. He took the chance to look around the place some more. There were a few awards and credentials all over the shelves and the walls. Sehun was about to approach them when Luhan came back. “This is for you and this is for me.” Luhan grinned happily as he handed Sehun’s drink to him as he sipped his own.

Sehun stared at the drink in his hand warily before taking a sip of it. Luhan chuckled at his reaction. “Whatever it is that’s troubling you, in the end, you are still family.” Sehun’s eyes widened slightly and he swallowed his drink before looking at Luhan. Luhan merely continued to sip his drink. Sehun rolled his eyes but nodded his head.

“Thank you… hyung.” Sehun muttered but it was loud enough for Luhan to hear. He patted the younger man’s head and chuckled quietly when Sehun swatted his hand away. “Don’t push it…” Sehun trailed off before narrowing his eyes at Luhan. “If you ever tell anyone about this, you’ll regret it!”

Luhan merely laughed.


HELLO! I am back. lol. I have been busy for the past few days~ so much so, by the time I end up sitting in front of the computer, I always get tired. This chapter was written in Sehun's pov... though it definitely did not come out the way I thought it would come out. I disliked quite a few things about the chapter but it had to be done and written. Sorry if you are confused with some parts of the story, I haven't gone through the entire chapter so there might be mistakes.

OMG. Has everyone watched all of the fancams for Kyungsoo's duet with Ryeowook? /flips tables/ I CANNOT EVEN. They brought back my FTTS feels and I cannot stop watching the fancams and Do Kyungsoo, you make me want to weep at your perfection. sdslkhgsdkjfgkdjf - what is life, what is air. And my bb Lulu... someone please help me. cannot contain feels for exo anymore OTL. all of these fancams, ;A; 

HunHan. I ship Luhan with everyone and everything. Even with that Mickey Mouse headband. 

Thank you for the love and neverending support! C:
Hope you enjoyed the chapter!