one.

That Girl: She's a Flirt.

“Yang Yeonju!”

You tore your eyes away from the magazine that had you engrossed in reading and looked up to see your best friend, Miyoung furrowing her brows at your lack of attention. You blinked a couple of times and Miyoung pointed to her right. You followed her finger and a small ‘oh’ left your mouth. The waiter looked absolutely gorgeous; with his sharp features, his dazzling eyes and that look that seemed to be permanently etched onto his face. He was tall, taller than your current boyfriend, you mused and your eyes fell on to the tray he was holding. You took a whiff of the air and your mouth watered.

“Here’s your spaghetti Aglio Olio with extra mushrooms and creamy sauce,” The waiter stated. You nodded your head, leaning against your chair, giving him a small smile. You held your magazine to your chest as you continued to observe the waiter as he leaned towards the table and placed the plates in front of you. Your eyes were glued to his hands; they were beautiful (even more so than yours, you reckoned!) and you sneakily took a whiff of the air. The smell of his cologne had your inner girl squealing with mischievousness. You let your eyes roam on his body and it fell on the name-tag that was pinned to his shirt’s pocket.

“Thank you, Kris,” You stated, giving him your best sultry smile. You pouted when he merely nodded his head at you and excused himself. You furrowed your brows but shrugged your shoulders when your stomach started demanding the food. You picked up your fork and looked at the spaghetti before inhaling the wonderful smell of garlic and the creamy sauce that you had requested.

Everyone knew who you were: Yang Yeonju; the girl who always come to the café and orders the same thing every time she came. Not only that, you were also well-known for being the only daughter (and an heiress) to the Yang Company. It was easy to pick you out from the crowd for you stood out with your designer blouses, skirts, bags and even your ball point pen was a branded thing.

The workers in the café also knew that you always ordered the same thing every single time you came to the café. There were a lot of varieties of food on the menu but you never failed to order ‘spaghetti aglio olio with extra mushrooms and creamy sauce’ religiously - okay, so technically you only ordered that thrice a week and spend the rest of the days eating the desserts. After several tries in getting her to order other food, they came to the conclusion that she only preferred to eat western food.

“Here’s your Banana and Coconut shake,” Kris stated as he placed your drink in front of you. You flashed him another smile and patted yourself on the back mentally when his expression changed for a second. “Enjoy your meal, Miss Yang.” He gave a slight bow and walked away.

Miyoung shook her head as she sipped her own shake. “You know, I never know why you even bother eating the spaghetti; aren’t you allergic to it?” Miyoung asked. Today marked the third month of the two of you having lunch here every day. Ever since the both of you had started your first year in SNU, you would always drag her to this café. “Why don’t you try eating those Korean dishes,” Miyoung pointed out and you rolled your eyes.

“I can’t eat them, okay.” You told her and continued to eat your spaghetti. Yes, as a child, you were rarely at home. You were always wherever your parents went to for their business trips and since they always went on a lot of trips, you never stayed in Seoul long enough for you to actually know how to eat these Korean cuisines. “Do you want to taste it?” You offered Miyoung who merely shook her head.

“I’m on a diet.” She stated as she observed you eating. You shrugged your shoulders and picked up the fork you had placed on the plate, eating the spaghetti. Miyoung resisted the urge to roll her eyes; you really watch over your etiquette while eating. Your napkin was on your lap, your posture was straight and everything seemed perfectly arranged. Knowing you for more than three years, Miyoung knew that this was how you were raised up to be: to always make sure that you watch over your image.

Those who didn’t know you that well often labeled you as a spoiled rich girl and a playgirl. You were not a spoiled rich girl - you were far from it, in fact, you were nice. Miyoung recalled the many times that you have helped her whenever she was in need. She also knew the reason why you changed your guys like how you changed your clothes. It's just that a lot of people were irked at how things seemed to never go wrong for you.

Just as the two of you were enjoying your food, two men came inside the café and excited whispers filled the entire place. You looked up from your drink and tried to look at the cause of hushed excitement but frowned slightly when you couldn’t see a thing. A few minutes later, two men stepped on to the mini-stage at the end of the room. “This is new," You told Miyoung as you turned away from the stage and finished your food.

“I don’t think it’s new.” Miyoung pointed out. “We always come here during lunch but today, it’s nearly dinner,” she stated, glancing at her watch and you nodded your head, finishing your drink. The two men were far from where you were sitting so you couldn’t really get a good look at their faces. “Are you done? I have a class to attend tonight.” Miyoung said as she stood up. You nodded your head once more and stood up as well, picking up your magazine and your tote bag.

The both of you headed to the counter and you handed over your credit card. Whilst they were processing it, you took the time to stare at the two men who were placing microphone stands on the stage and stools. The two of them were rather cute, you mused but one of the men looked extremely adorable. He must have realized that you had been staring at him because the second he placed the stool, he looked straight at you. You stared at him, mesmerized by his beauty. True, he was not as beautiful as Kris, the waiter, but there was something about him that made you feel awestruck. His eyes were round, his cheeks were slightly chubby and the smile on his face seemed absolutely beautiful. Before you could even do anything, the other man poked him and he immediately turned away from you.

“Come on, Yeonju,” Miyoung nudged you. You turned to face her and signed the bills before taking your card. You were about to walk away when you paused and headed back to the counter, leaving Miyoung standing by the door.

“Excuse me, what’s this about?” You asked the cashier, pointing at the crowd that was slowly starting to gather around the stage and the two men. The cashier stared at you before looking at the stage and back at you.

“Ah; every night, Baekhyun-ssi and D.O-ssi would always perform here.” She answered and you nodded your head. You stared at the men for a few seconds before walking away, leaving the cashier confused. Just as you were about to head out the door, you glanced at the stage and smiled to yourself when you saw that he was staring at you.


dumplingcheeks_'s corner
thank you to those who have commented and to the subscribers! Finally got the chance to post the first chapter! I know it's not much right now but I managed to introduce some of the characters. C: anyways, hoped you enjoyed it! sorry for any grammar mistakes and all, didn't get to thoroughly read through the chapter. (shameless advertising here: I made a D.O oneshot, if anyone wants to read it, here you go!)