sixteen.

That Girl: She's a Flirt.

The campus was buzzing with gossip and mindless chattering when Kyungsoo, Baekhyun and Chanyeol strolled in. But being the clueless (read: somewhat oblivious) man that Kyungsoo was, he merely disregarded the stares he was receiving (he thought those stares were meant for Baekhyun and Chanyeol) and the whispers that were passed around.

“I can’t believe Yang Yeonju would go out with the likes of him,” A man whispered to his group of friends. He hissed in pain when a girl smacked his back.

“Why would Yang Yeonju not go out with Do Kyungsoo?” She hissed as she turned around to stare at Kyungsoo and his friends. “He is the most perfect man that has ever existed in this planet,” She sighed dreamily. “He is smart, he can cook, he is willing to help people and he can sing. Plus, he is good looking too.” She sighed once more and the girls with her nodded their heads in agreement. “What’s not to like about Do Kyungsoo: guys like him are so hard to find.” She stated.

“But I feel bad for him though,” Another man spoke up. “We all know how Yeonju is with guys. She changes them faster than anyone can say her full name.” He shrugged his shoulders. The group of people nodded their heads in agreement. Everyone knew how quick Yeonju was in changing her boyfriends. Most of them felt sorry for Kyungsoo whilst some of them both envied Kyungsoo and Yeonju.

“How long do you think they will last this time?” A different man piped in the conversation. “Let’s make a bet!”

Meanwhile, Kyungsoo was still oblivious to the things that were taking place around him. His mind was busy, wandering off to his… girlfriend. He could feel the heat rushing to his cheeks and he immediately shook his head. Baekhyun and Chanyeol were snickering to themselves. “Do you think he notices the group of girls that has been following us?” Baekhyun asks as he glanced behind.

Chanyeol stared at Kyungsoo who had a rather blank expression on his face and shook his head. “I doubt it!” He chirped and the both of them quieted down when the group of girls rushed towards Kyungsoo.

“Kyungsoo oppa, don’t worry, we’ll get you out of this relationship!” A girl cried out as she wiped away her tears. She was devastated when she heard the news that Kyungsoo had a girlfriend but when she found out his girlfriend was none other than Yang Yeonju, the girl was determined to ‘heal’ her Kyungsoo oppa. (read: the girls believed that Kyungsoo was forced into the relationship).

“How much money did she pay you? I can double the amount!” Another girl exclaimed as she began to rummage through her bag.

Kyungsoo blinked a couple of times; he was confused. He turned to look at Baekhyun and Chanyeol for help. Baekhyun shook his head as a chuckle escaped his lips. He immediately sauntered over to Kyungsoo. “Girls, would you please excuse us? We have a lecture to attend to.” He stated and with that, Baekhyun gripped Kyungsoo’s arm and dragged him away from the fangirls that were still discussing on ways to separate those two apart.

“You’re hopeless, Kyungsoo.” Chanyeol pointed out and Kyungsoo furrowed his eyebrows.

“What?”

“Never mind.”

---

You, on the other hand, were not receiving the same treatments Kyungsoo was receiving. A lot of girls had directed their hatred stares and insults at you but you were not Yang Yeonju for nothing. You merely shrugged your shoulders at all the baseless rumours they were spreading and continued your way to your class with Luhan and Miyoung. Instead of being worried about what the rumours were going to do to you, you were much worried about the time that seemed to fly by really fast whenever you were with Kyungsoo. Even though you have 29 dates more to go, it still scared you at how… afraid you were at the thought of not being with him. You had 29 dates to make him fall for you.

Despite the things that have been said about you, you were determined to make this relationship last longer than your previous ones. There was just something about Kyungsoo that made your heart flutter like nobody else could. He seemed to understand you too, in his own weird way. Not only that, it seemed as if your brothers liked him too… though you were not quite sure about Sehun but in the back of your mind, you knew your brothers would definitely approve of Kyungsoo once they have gotten to know him some more.

Time flew slowly as you sat in the lecture hall, listening to your professor talking about his era and how it was different from the society nowadays. Once the bell rung, you immediately said your goodbyes to Miyoung and headed towards the cafeteria. “Kyungsoo,” You smiled widely when you saw Kyungsoo talking with Baekhyun and Chanyeol. He was holding a flag and as you approached him, Kyungsoo held the flag to his face. You let out a small giggle and Kyungsoo jerked forward, slightly startled by your sudden appearance.

“H-hi!” Kyungsoo stuttered as he tried to hide the flag. Kyungsoo could feel his cheeks flaming up and it did not help that Baekhyun and Chanyeol were snickering at his attitude. “Your class ended just now?” Kyungsoo asked and cleared his throat. He shot his friends a warning look and they immediately quieted down and walked ahead. Kyungsoo knew they were still laughing about what had happened. He shook his head at his friends before turning to look at you.

You nodded your head. “Yeah, it did. Did you wait long?” You asked him and he shook his head. You smiled at him and the both of you headed towards the cafeteria. You could feel glares boring holes onto your back when Kyungsoo and you stepped inside the cafeteria. The once noisy cafeteria became silent but you merely shrugged it off. Kyungsoo was too busy thinking of how he had a few assignments to finish. The cafeteria buzzed in excitement and awe when you slid your hand inside Kyungsoo’s. He looked confused for a moment as he stared at you before smiling, tightening the hold on your hand.

“What are your plans for tonight?” Kyungsoo asked as he watched you eat your sandwich. You furrowed your eyebrows before taking out your iPhone. Kyungsoo leaned towards you slightly and you showed your phone to him. “A dance competition… you dance?” Kyungsoo looked at you and you shook your head. You swallowed the food in your mouth.

You shook your head, laughing slightly as you answered his question. “I wish but I have two left feet.” You stated and Kyungsoo smiled at you. “Jong In and Sehunnie entered this competition a while back and they have made it to the final rounds. Tonight, they’ll be having a full rehearsal for the big event tomorrow~” You exclaimed proudly.

“Oh, your brothers must be really good then.” Kyungsoo quickly finished his lunch as he listened to you talking about your brothers. He felt warmth radiating from you whenever you talk about your brothers: the way your eyes would sparkle whenever they did something that you were proud of and the way you would crinkle your nose in distaste whenever they did something you did not approve of – Kyungsoo knew that you really loved your brothers.

“Oh!” You blinked a couple of times when you caught Kyungsoo staring at you. “You could come if you want; they need all the support they can get!” You stated. “I mean, if you want to and if you’re not busy that is.” You added quickly when he had a puzzled look on his face.

Seeing how disappointed you look like, Kyungsoo immediately shook his head. “I want to,” He whispered as he looked at his plate. He could feel his heart racing against his chest and he didn’t even know why. You held back your squeal and the urge to throw your arms around him and merely settled for lacing your fingers with his. Kyungsoo looked away from his plate and stared at your hands before smiling at you. “Just text the address to me later.”


Dumplingcheeks_'s corner

Hello, I’m back from vacation! 5 days without decent internet – next time, I’m definitely not going to stay in the hotel I stayed before. Honestly, I don’t really like the chapter but I felt like it had to be done: we needed to see the others’ reactions to their relationship as well. A lot of the campus people have different thoughts and opinions about YeonSoo’s relationship. To clear things up a bit, Kyungsoo, in this story, a rather oblivious man – unless someone says it to his face, he would not really understand. Lol. He’s a tad bit 4D, honestly.

I am currently working on the next chapter! :B haha, hopefully this time I’ll get to slot in those moments we talked about before~ Anyways, thank you to those who subscribed and thank you so much to those that left comments! C:

ps: loved all of your reactions on the previous chapter! I was afraid it wasn't cute enough or fluffy enough x.x and to answer a question that was asked by a reader, Kyungsoo is sometimes oblivious to what he does and everything. They didn't really hold hands under the table but it's like... in between. lol. I'm also glad you enjoyed Sehun and Kai, the brothers with the serious sister complex. Anyways, hope you enjoyed the chapter! :)