Chapter 30: Make-Up Brings Us Together

Please Forget the Past

 

you’s POV:

B.A.P’s manager: You know what? Daehyun went to Inkigayo with make up on! I asked him who did it and he said you! The staff and makeup crew at Inkigayo though it was good enough for their show! And their running low on makeup artists. They wanted to offer you a job at Inkigayo!

you: NOOOO WAY! You mean I get to work with a bunch of K-pop stars? And do their make up? But I can’t just leave this job…

Manager: You can still design, but you can take your clothes to the set, give them to the stars AND do their make up!

you: EEEEEEEK NOOO WAY!!!

I was jumping up and down now. This is THE BEST offer I’ve gotten  in years!

you: I’LL TAKE IT!!!

Manager: Great! I can take you there right now to sign some forms, contracts, and they’ll explain all the details.

I agreed to go with B.A.P’s Manager to the Inkigayo set and met up with the staff. The producer explained some things, then I talked with the director. After that, I talked with 1 make up artist, which was the only one employed for Inkigayo.

Then I met with the big boss. He didn’t seem happy about me being employed, but I went with it anyway, because he mentioned a big salary.  I signed everything I needed to sign. He handed me a bag of make-up stuff and told me to use them well. He patted my shoulder and smiled to me. Remember when I said he didn’t seem happy? Yeah never mind about that.

I had left his office and went back to the set. Idols had already started pouring in. From SNSD, to BTOB, all of the stars that were having comebacks, or continuing their activities were there. All of them.

 Which meant Infinite was there too.

I scanned the crowd of stars for Infinite: None.

SNSD’s Yoona had come up to me and greeted me. So I guess she has a pretty face AND a good personality. She asked me to help her with her fake eyelashes, and I got carried away from there.

After 15 minutes had passed, I had already put on her foundation, eyeliner, eye shadow and everything else to complete the look. She stood up and skipped off. I thought the other make-up artist had already taken care of the other stars, but no. There was a little line up behind the mirror.

DongHae: Excuse me Noona, are you available?

NOONA? Who you callin’ NOONA?!?!

you: Noona? I’m 24. How old are you?

Donghae: Oops. I’m 25. Sorry Dongsaeng!

you: That’s better. Take a seat!

I was proud of myself for helping those stars. Sometimes, I would even “fix” their outfit if it could be improved. I remember everyone I did on the first day of working at Inkigayo. Yoona, Donghae, Hyorin, HimChan,  BoA, Daehyun, Leeteuk, and even Psy. I turned to see who was next. No one. I wanted to relax for a few minutes, but one of the crew pushed another star towards me. She was in a hurry to get him ready for the show. When I saw him, I had the feeling of wanting to tell him to go to the other artist. But I’m a newbie, I shouldn’t be so mean.

Staff: Get him done pronto! We’re going live in 5 minutes!

He sat down , and I stood behind him. He looked into the mirror, and I see his face changing from annoyed to surprised.

Woohyun: you? What are you doing here?

you: I work here.

Woohyun: No. Get out of here.

you: If you don’t want me to do your makeup then go find someone else.

Staff:vHurry!!!

Woohyun:*sigh* We don’t have time.

I picked up a brush and started to work the magic. The scar from the knife was still on his face, so I paid extra attention to that. When he was done, I told him to open his eyes.

Woohyun: WHOA! YOU MADE THE CUT DISAPPEAR!

you: The works of make-up magic.

His fascination had stopped, and he stood up awkwardly. He gently hugged me and thanked me . He ran off to stand with the other Infinite members, and waited for their cue.