Chapter 27: Oops

Please Forget the Past

you's POV:

Woohyun: BOO!

you: WHAT THE?!?!? How did you get in?

Woohyun: I have people for this kind of stuff.

you: Let me guess, those people hate your guts and only do this because you pay them a lot.

Woohyun: No. They like me. Everyone does.

you: Really…

Woohyun: What’s for dinner?

you: Nothing.

Woohyun: Don’t lie. I know your fridge is full of produce. I’ll help you cook!

you: I don’t need your help.

Woohyun: I want to learn!

you: Take classes.

I already had my knife in my hand to cut a carrot while we had this time consuming conversation. I was going to start chopping, but Woohyun stopped me. He wrapped his fingers tightly around my wrist. I was shocked to see that his fingers could touch each other after being wrapped around my wrist. I didn’t know I was that skinny…

Woohyun: I’ll do this.

I tried to move my wrist to chop, but he was strong. I yanked my hand toward me, but lost the knife in the process. I looked up at his face, seeing a cut across his cheek. Out of my surprise, it was bleeding.

I grabbed a paper towel and gentle pressed it against his cheek.

Woohyun: OWWWW!

you: Sorry! SORRY SORRY SORRY!

I grabbed an ice pack from the freezer and also pressed it on his cheek. Woohyun was still complaining about the pain. I’ll admit it was my fault.

We sat there until the bleeding stopped. We both stayed silent. I was not expecting something like this at all. I took a quick glance at the clock; It’s 7:43 PM. I better apologize and start cooking again.

you: I’m sorry. I should’ve been more careful.

I waited for his response, but he didn’t. I figured he wasn’t going to forgive me. He’s not going to walk on stage with that big slash across his cheek. Making him a good home cooked meal is the least I can do. I stood up to walk to the kitchen, but he stopped me.

Woohyun: I’m going.

you: Wait! WAIT!

I wanted to make it up to him with a good meal. How was I supposed to do that if he’s going to leave? I tried to get in front of him and block the door, but he’s just too smart. He closed the door behind him, and then he was gone. I don’t know what it is, but I felt a bad feeling in my stomach. It didn’t feel good at all.

Oh. I know what it is. It’s guilt. I feel guilty for creating a huge cut in his cheek. I feel guilty for being too stubborn. I feel guilty for not completely forgiving him about the past.

Is it all my fault? Or should he take part of the blame?

I don’t know.

I don’t know what to do now. Everything I do is a failure. My eyes starting getting watery, so I kept blinking to make them go away. I picked up my knife again. I placed the edge of my knife against the carrot. My hand was shaking so  intensely that I couldn’t cut. I put down my knife and threw the food back into the fridge.

I’m not gonna eat tonight.

I don’t deserve to eat.