Chapter 29: Welcome Back, Old Friend

Please Forget the Past

 

Daehyun: I….uh…Just guessed.

you: Well....then you’re really good at guessing…

I was still in shock. This guy is starting to creep me out, but I’ll admit he was the best looking in the group.

I had the outfits made, but I needed to sew on and print the designs tonight. I made each of them try on their outfit. One by one, I led them to the change rooms. The others just stayed.  The first one I called up was Yong Guk. I went through everyone really quickly, and then I got to the last person: Daehyun.

He came out of the change room with his black tank top and baggy pants, just like the 5 others. It looked really good on him, and I’m not saying that because I made those. I wanted to imagine the look right then and there, so I messed his hair up a bit.

I noticed the little mole under his left eye. Daehyun used to have that on his left eye too. This Daehyun can’t be the Daehyun that I knew. It just can’t be. I asked him what middle school he went to, and he mentioned 2. The first one was familiar, because that was my school.

Daehyun: My mom made me move schools because I was almost killed in the first one. I think the nurse told me my heart stopped for 2 minutes, then it started going again, so I didn’t die. I had to leave one of my best friends. She has the same name was you, and looks just like you, so I’m sure….

It’s you.

He hugged me when he said “you.” He’s just messing with me. He probably planned this before. His name might not be Daehyun. But then I remember the photo book at the music store. His name really is Daehyun. I decided to quiz him about what I told him when we were friends.

you:  Okay….Then what’s my favourite animal?

Daehyun: Giraffe. You said you thought they were cute, and you wanted to be tall like them. Your favourite colour was yellow too. You told me how you thought giraffes had short necks but they had to reach high in the trees for their food, so then their necks became long.

I asked him 1 question, he answered 2.

you: Daehyun-ah….Maybe…..maybe it is you…I thought you were dead!

He hugged me to comfort me.

Daehyun: I’m not dead! I’m not dead!

I pulled away, knowing I have to stop and get back to work. I grabbed him a leather jacket and made him put it on. I looked at him from head to toe. Something was wrong. I smudged some make up on his face, but something was still wrong.

Daehyun: What?

you: I think we should make holes in your tank top. NOT RIGHT NOW…I don’t want to see…you know…what’s underneath…..I’ll do it tonight on my own…

I grabbed another set of clothes: another leather jacket with red sleeves and pair of leather pants.

you: Can you dance in those?

He nodded his head cutely.

you: Really?

Daehyun: YEEEEESSSSS!

*BANG*

The door swung open. I wouldn’t have guessed who it was.

Woohyun: Hey you I’m sorry that I-   YOU! You little-

He was going for Daehyun, but I held him back.

you: What are you doing???

Woohyun: Are you helping that kid?

you: Yes.  What are you doing here?

Woohyun: What’s more important is why is HE here?

you: HE is here to pay me. You remember him?

Woohyun: Isn’t it Daehyun from back then?

you: Yeah. I thought you killed him for all these years. -.-

Woohyun: YOU KNOW WHAT HE DID TO ME AT MUSIC BANK???AISH THAT KID JUST-

you:  He didn’t do anything! You almost killed him! Can you just leave now? Who let you in?

Woohyun was panting. Wasn’t he happy enough that Daehyun disappeared from his life?

Woohyun: Fine. I just…

you: I’m really busy. I don’t have time for a fake sob story.

Woohyun stayed silent, but he didn’t leave yet.

Woohyun: Whatever. I thought we could hang out again. But I guess NOT.

He emphasized probably EVERYTHING in that sentence. Yes, I was feeling very guilty. Was I supposed to? Or was he just trying to blame me? He eventually left when I didn’t respond to that last comment. I took a short break to free my mind from the bad thoughts Woohyun put in my head, but that short break didn’t turn out to be so short.

Daehyun: Are you okay?

He put his hand on my shoulder and turned me around. I guess he needs to get this stuff done so he could return to his hectic schedule.

you: Yeah. Sorry let’s get back to our brainstorming.

He spun around like a ballerina in front of the mirror, then looked at me.

you: I could always make those pants looser or make it less heavier if they’re too-

Daehyun: If you can’t concentrate you should go home and get some rest. Something’s wrong, I just know it.

Dang that guy is good. How can he tell that I’m still worrying about what Woohyun said before? No. I can’t let him get into this. It’s just not safe.

you: Nothing’s wrong. Change into the next outfit.

Daehyun: you-ah, don’t force yourself to work if you can’t…

He placed both his hands on my shoulders this time, one on each side. He looked down to my eyes, while I tried to dodge them. This guy was grown a lot. In looks AND height I mean. Curse fate for making him appear now instead of before.

you: Fine. Remove the makeup before you go, do you know how?

Daehyun: I think it’s okay to leave it. You did a good job, and I have an interview after.

you: Fine. Don’t blame me if you end up looking ugly on TV.

I walked him back to the room and said goodbye to all 6 of the members. The manager was already parked outside the building, and took them to their next event. I folded all of the clothes and placed them in my bag before leaving the room.

I spent the rest of the night working on B.A.P’s outfits. I surprised myself for finishing earlier than usual. I don’t know what it was, but it was really fun working on Daehyun’s outfit. The whole time, I kept imaging it on him, dancing and singing on stage while wearing what I made for him. I feel like he’s my son, and I would be happy to see him wear what I picked for him, even though he was older than me by 3 months. My phone suddenly vibrated on my desk, waking me from my day dreams. (Or night dreams? It’s 9: 15PM!)

Daehyun had sent me a text message.

From: Daehyun

you-ah! Our manager has great news!

What does this have to do with me?*sigh* I guess whatever it is, I should be happy for him.

From: you

What is it? Are you guys moving to a big dorm or something?

From: Daehyun

No. It’s good news for you!

From: you

For me? What is it?

From: Daehyun:

You’ll find out tomorrow~

Why won’t he just tell me now!?!?!?!?!?!?!? He texted me his last text, which was actually just a smiley face. I smiled back at my phone, and fell asleep just like that.