Chapter 23: The Chase

Please Forget the Past

Hm...I think chapter 23 got removed, so here it is again!

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Woohyun’s POV:

I ran after her, I had to take this chance to talk to her. She ran all over the place. Throught the park, parking lot, malls, but then I knew I had her when she ran into Dolphin Day Care.

I ran in after her, and I came to a situation where we were staring each other down. As I stepped forward, she stepped back. Her back was against the wall, and I was going to pounce, but something got into my way.

Jaemin: BIG BRADA NO HURT NICE LADY!

He held out his chubby arms in defence of you. It was adorable, but this was NOT the time.

I bent down to his level and started talking to him in my “child” voice.

Woohyun: Okay Jaemin. But Big brother isn’t going to hurt nice lady. Big Brother is friends with nice lady.

Jaemin: Nice lady no want to be with big brada.

Woohyun: Are you sure?

Jaemin nodded his head cutely.

Woohun: Give big brother 10 minutes okay? When 10 minutes is over, Jaemin can do Kungfu on big brada, okay?

A smile grew on Jaemin’s face at the sound of “Kungfu.” He loves Kungfu. He would do anything to kick and punch me, I’m sure.

Jaemin: OKAY!

By the time I finished with Jaemin, you was gone. I ran into the kitchen, but she wasn’t there. I tried to go to every room, searching for her. I went to the last room. I lifted my hand to turn the doorknob, but the door just opened by itself.

you: EEEEEK!

She slammed the door before I could go in. DANG IT.

I started banging the door, pleading her to open it.

Woohyun: you! Open the door! Please? If it was something I did I’m sorry! you!!!

you’s POV:

Uh oh…What should I do? If I open the door, he’s gonna try and talk to me...and it’ll be so awkward. But if I don’t open the door, I’m stuck here.

I was pacing back and forth, which was not helping me with my thinking at all. Woohyun kept banging on the door, it was getting distracting. I finally opened the door, but I tried to get out of there before he could speak to me.

Woohyun: Whoa…Where do you think you’re going?

you: To work.

Woohyun: No. You don’t work today.

I sighed. I hate it when he’s right. All I want to do is get out of here. He’s just making it difficult.

Woohyun: Can’t we just talk?

you: I have nothing to say. And if you don’t either, which I’m sure you don’t, then let’s just leave it.

Woohyun: I haven’t seen you in a while.

you: huh?

Woohyun: I haven’t seen you after you left with Junho a few weeks ago.

you: Oh. I’ve been busy.

Woohyun: Busy running away from me?

I didn’t say anything because he was right. My eyes slowly drew downward…and I waited…and waited…and waited…

Until I suddenly ran under his arm and out of Dolphin Day Care. I ran down the street, even though I didn’t know where I was going. I just had to be somewhere where I can’t see Woohyun.

There was a tall building that I ran into just for a hiding place. There were lots of people there, so why not?

No one’s POV:

*In the building*

Worker 1: EVERYONE! EVACUATE THE BUILDING!!! THERE IS A FIRE ON THE 22ND FLOOR!

Worker 2: CALL 911!!! HURRY!

*Worker 3 whispers to Worker 1*

Worker 1: LET’S GO! C’MON!!! The fire’s reached the 10th floor!

Woohyun’s POV:

WHAT?!?!?  OH NO SHE DIDN’T!

you got away, just like that. I ran after her down the street and I saw her run into a building. There was a crowd outside. I could also her screams and sobbing. So I asked around.

Woohyun: Excuse me, can you tell me why everyone’s so upset?

Woman: The building’s on fire!!!

Woohyun: WHAT?!?!

you ran into that building…I hope she knew…

Wait….If she didn’t know she wouldn’t have run in there!                  

Woohyun: you!!!you!!!

Woman: No actually the building’s name is Gaetix…

I ignored the woman and ran in for you. If she’s gonna die, I’m gonna die with her. Right there in the fire.

you….please tell me you’re still alive…