Chapter 28: The Dead Comes Back To Life

Please Forget the Past

 

you’s POV:

For the next few days, I haven’t seen Woohyun. I would guess that he’s avoiding me because of the other day. I wouldn’t blame him though. I would try to avoid the person who almost sliced my face with a kitchen knife. I’m not used to things being so quiet now. My routine changed to work, eat and sleep. No fun.

I don’t even feel like talking to Junho. He’s always the smiley one, but that doesn’t really help. Yunho is too busy creating the next big electronic. The last time I dropped by he was so into his circuit board that he didn’t even know I was still there.

What is there to do now a days?

I went back to my room and laid down on my bed. I guess I could catch up on some sleep. I gently closed my eyes and slept.

The next time I woke up, it was 8:00 in the morning. I looked to my left and saw a breakfast tray. It had kimbab (Korean sushi), a small bowl of ramen, a bowl of fruit and a slice of cheesecake. I guess Woohyun probably “broke in” to  my house again, but I just remembered. He's more likely to be mad at me right now. I grabbed the plate and put it on my lap. I picked up the piece of paper that was also on the tray.

It was a picture of a bunny. Not an ordinary, cute bunny. More like a BAD bunny. I remember my friend Jung Daehyun used to draw those all over his notebook. He even made me a hairpin with that same bunny design.

I knew him since we were kids, but he was accidently killed in one of Woohyun’s games in freshman year of middle school. That’s why I never ever talk about him. If I do, I’ll end up crying. Woohyun acted so innocent, but after high school, I realized he really wasn’t.

I finished my already-made breakfast and headed to the music store. I always go there every Saturday. I walked straight to the “New Arrivals” section. There was a black album with a familiar bunny on it. There was a giant yellow sticker on it that said “NEW ROOKIE GROUP.” It was titled “B.A.P.” It was a photo book with the debut single behind the last page. I flipped through some pictures to get more familiar with the members.

I really liked the maknae Zelo, but there was also one other guy who caught my attention. It was Jung Daehyun. He had the exact same name as the Daehyun I knew back in elementary school.  I went to the music sample section and listened to B.A.P’s debut song “Warrior.” For a second I thought I had heard Daehyun’s voice. I listened to the entire song for more of the voice. I swear it was the voice of the Daehyun that I knew, but I remember Daehyun with glasses, braces, a mushroom cut, and he definitely didn’t have blonde hair.

I suddenly got a call from my boss telling me he got a request for me to design more clothes, so I went back to my office.

Boss: AH! There you are!  We have a new group for you to design for! There are 6 of them, and they’re ready for their comeback. If you want, you can ask them to listen to the song to get a bigger idea on what to design.

Manager: Hi. I’d love it if you could finish the outfits as soon as possible.

Boss: Oh don’t worry about that! She can finish in 1 day!

Manager: Really? Then I guess I could leave the boys with you and I’ll come back tomorrow at noon to pick them up?

you: No problem. May I ask what is the comeback song called?

Manager: It’s called Power. You can listen to it on this USB. I have heard a lot about you from the other managers. I’m willing to pay double if the results are good.

you: I won’t disappoint you.

Manager: Boys!

I led them to the fabric room and quickly ran to my office to get my things. When I walked in, I saw 6 blonde guys and the manager. One of the blonde guys had a mask on too. *sigh* Is blonde hair the trend now?

I could see their faces when I started measuring their bodies. I would guess they’re B.A.P.

?: Guys I think we should introduce ourselves.

All together: We are B! A! P! Yes sir!

And they each introduced themselves. I could catch all of their names, except the one with the mask. I couldn’t really hear with his voice being muffled by the mask.

I was right. I clapped for them and went straight back to work. It started getting awkward.

you: You guys can practice your new song. I don’t mind having a live concert for free :P

They sang Warrior together, and then their comeback song Power. After that, they each sang something solo. The guy with the mask actuallty took off his mask and sang. Man, he had a beautiful, soothing voice. It was also the voice that sounded like Daehyun’s from elementary. Also that song he sang was the song that Daehyun loved to sing during recess.

you: That was 4men’s Baby Baby right?

Masked Guy : How did you know?

you: I used to listen to it all the time when I was a kid.

Himchan: Doesn’t that sound familiar?

The all laughed and looked at the masked guy. Zelo did his freestyle rap and I continued to work. I was calmed down when I knew I was going to finish all of this by tonight. But then I started panicking when the masked guy asked me a question.

Masked Guy: Where did you get your hairpin?

I realized he was talking about the bunny hairpin Daehyun made for me a few months before he died.

you: My friend made if for me during freshman year of high school. His name was Jung Daehyun. This is the only thing that I have left of him, before he got…killed… in an accident at school.

I looked at him for a response. His eyes widened. He took off his mask for the first time today.

Masked Guy: My name is JUNG Daehyun…And I wasn’t killed I was injured…But I only…..you?

What shocked me even more was when he knew my name. I realized that I haven’t introduced myself to them yet. I wasn’t wearing a name tag and you couldn’t see my name written anywhere in the room.

you: How do you know my name?

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

I don't like this chapter. Everything is so obvious :P