Chapter 11: Cooperation

Please Forget the Past

 

Woohyun’s POV:

Bekah: Oh Woohyun! You’re here to pick me up?

 She hugged me but I pushed her away. Only you gets to hug me. The fans, the members, and family too. Just not HER.

Woohyun: Why the hell did you try to get rid of you?

Bekah: I thought you hated her. Do you like her now?

Woohyun: Just leave me alone. It’s been 6 years. Things change.

Bekah: You won’t admit it.

Woohyun: Admit what?

Bekah: That you’re in love with you.

Woohyun: I’m not admitting it because I don’t. I just feel bad.

Bekah: Because she’s a loner.

Woohyun: Because everyone hates her when it wasn’t her fault.

Bekah: Don’t you remember your locker idea?

Woohyun: STOP MESSING WITH ME. JUST PRETEND WHEN DON’T KNOW EACH OTHER FROM NOW ON!

I walked off. I don’t want to talk to her anymore.

Bekah: You will regret this Woohyun. I will make you like me. You’ll come running back to me!

I went to you’s house, hoping to get her forgiveness, again. Why is it so hard to please her? It’s probably just because of high school.

you: What do you want.

Woohyun: I want you to forgive me.

you: If I do, will you leave?

Woohyun: No. I wanna talk.

you: ….about what?

Woohyun: You. I want to get to know you better.

you: Me? But last time I checked the whole world revolves around YOU.

Woohyun: C’mon…

I pushed myself into her house and closed the door. I sat on the couch, waiting for her to come. Then I suddenly realized there was no one home. Just her.

Woohyun: Do you live alone? Where are your parents?

you: Up there.

She pointed up at the ceiling and whispered her words. Her parents are dead?

Woohyun: You don’t have siblings?

you: She’s…..also up there. With mom and dad.

Woohyun: WHAT?!?!? WHAT HAPPENED TO THEM?

I realized that I had scooted closer to her. I was being too demanding for answers.

you: They got shot.

Woohyun: WHAT?!?!? BY WHO? WHEN? WHERE?

you: Slow down….Some guy I don’t know. It was during high school. I was at the school library when it happened.

Woohyun: Then who did you live with?

I sounded so concerned, it probably bothered her. But I couldn’t help but feel bad about her family.

you: My grandmother, but she….also….died when I went to university.

Woohyun: Do you hang out with your co-workers?

you: No. They all hate me now, for plagiarizing Bekah’s design.

you’s POV:

Woohyun looked so….sad. He was so involved with my life that I don’t think he knows he’s cutting into my personal space. Maybe I REALLY should continue to tell him my life story. It’s good to let things out once in a while.

Woohyun: I think I should tell you this…Bekah actually plagiarized YOU.

you: What? How is that possi-

Then I remembered the dirt in my office. Someone snuck into my room and stole my designs.

you: How do you know?

Woohyun: Bekah told me.

you: See? I’m right! You’re still hanging out with Bekah!

Woohyun: No. I’m not. I don’t want to anymore. She’s not the one I want to be with.

you: Let me guess. You dedicated your life to being an idol now and everything is about music...blah blah blah…

Woohyun: No. I want to be with you.

There was a long pause, more like an awkward silence. There he goes again. Messing with my head. Why don’t you just give up, Woohyun? It’s not gonna work!

you: HAHAHA OH SO FUNNY! Stop joking around. You need to leave I have stuff to do.

Woohyun: No really. I do! I really do!

you: I think Infinite needs you right now. Bye!

I pushed him out the door and locked it. When he was locked out, he was still banging on the door.

Woohyun: I’ll prove it to you! I’ll stay here all day if I have to!

I went to my room and took a nap. When I woke up, it was already 7:45 PM. I took a small snack, and watched TV, totally unaware of Woohyun.

At 9:30PM, I heard some dogs outside, so I went out to check. I didn’t’ see any dogs, but I saw Woohyun. He was so tired out that he fell asleep on my sundeck. Was he really out here for that long? It’s 9:30 already. The least I could do was let him sleep at my house for the night.

 I dragged him carefully into my house and let him sleep him my bed. I slept on the couch in the living room. It somehow felt good to cooperate with Woohyun, but it didn’t feel right either.