Hate in That One Night

The Way We Were
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Hate

Jiyong sat at the far end of the hall. He didn’t want to be there. It was just his father’s threat of cutting his allowance that he bothered to wear a tux and attend his sister’s party.

This is really annoying. Why am I even here? He thought to himself. I can’t believe the nerve of this girl. Kwon Sandara?!?! Huh, who are you kidding? She’s not even family!

That thought never left Jiyong’s mind since he knew about Dara’s adoption. Their parents wanted them to grow up treating each other like real siblings - and they did. Dara loved Jiyong since the day he was born. For her, it was a dream come true having this kind of family. Somehow, she felt complete. She took care of him and was very protective of him. Jiyong also loved her noona a lot. He comes to her when something’s up with his life - Dara was always first to know. He trusted her with everything and tells her everything.

That’s just why it broke his heart and was filled with so much hatred and confusion when he came home from school one night and heard his parent’s conversation.

That One Night

“Dara’s turning 18 soon. We’ll have a party for her for sure.” Mrs. Kwon spaced out and dreamily thought of her daughter’s debut. “Oh! My pretty daughter, I can’t wait to see you in this beautiful gown” She then turned her attention to her husband sitting beside her. “…and you and our son Jiyong will be dancing with her” said the excited Mrs.Kwon.

“Yes. It’s Dara’s debut 5 months from now. It’s time we introduce her to the society as our daughter.”

“I know. I’m looking forward to it. I’ll do all the necessary preparations – the venue, the guest list……”

Before she could finish stating her to-do list, Mr. Kwon interrupted her, facing her with an obviously worried face “… but it worries me though”

“What? Why?”

“Well, I’m just worried how people would accept her. She’s Sandara Park. Clearly, they’d all know she’s not our daughter. We adopted her when she was 3 and all her identification papers are already made.”

“Oh” Mrs. Kwon frowned upon this realization. “I forgot about that. It’s just that we really loved her and treated her like our own daughter that I totally erased the thought of her being adopted. Now, that it has come up, what can we do about it? We can hire lawyers to change her name to Kwon right?”

“Yes, but it would take a long time. It wouldn’t be done by the time of her birthday”

“That’s okay. Let’s just go with her being Kwon Sandara for that party. It will be that way as soon as the papers are done anyway”

(Jiyong POV)

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter