Surprise

The Way We Were
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Well, I started this story with Dara's debut right? So this chapter is the continuation of her party. (and probably the last chapter about her birthday). All updates I made happened in the past. *are you guys confused? I think I am! haha*  Sorry (--,)

Anyway, 

Recap: Dara was adopted. Jiyong recently knew about it and planned to get back at her. He gave Dara until her birthday (5 months) before he plans to take his revenge. And Now, that day had come....

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

(Dara POV)

I'm really happy today. People have been wishing me all great things. I couldn't ask for more. It seemed not so long ago that I wished to be loved and cared for this way. Now, I finally have it. I have Umma, Appa, and Jiyong~ie. They're my family. I love them so much.

As I looked around the function room, I can't help but feel greatful that I am where I am now.

"Now, Let's have Mr. Kwon take her daughter for her first dance"

Appa walked toward me and handed me a 1 long-stemmed rose. "May I have this dance, baby girl?" He reached for my hand and led me to the dance floor. We waltzed through the music and I can't seem to get this big smile off my face.

"I'm so proud of you Dara. You have grown to become a very fine young lady. Thinking that I, someday, would send you off to your husband..." father said while giving this weird look that somewhat say Oh-don't-you-dare-get-married-yet "... I don't think I can let you go yet. To me, you'll always be my baby girl"

"Appa..." I was touched with his words and my heart swelled from too much happiness. I gave him a wicked smile "...about that"

"Hey! What? Don't you joke with me Dara" father quickly stopped my "confession" upon realizing what I'm about to say.

I laughed at him. "Of course not, Appa. I don't even have a boyfriend yet. You think too much. I love you, and I'll always be your baby girl"

"I love you too." he managed to say before the next name was called.

"Next is her brother, Jiyong..."

I looked around. I can't find him anywhere. Where is Jiyong? Didn't he come? I thought I saw him earlier. Why isn't he here?

I was left standing in the middle of the dance floor waiting for Jiyong but he never came. The MC just continued on with the rest of the list.

As I danced from partner after partner, I kept on thinking where Jiyong might be. He had been distant these past few months. If I think about it, I felt him avoiding me.

I frowned with that thought. This is a happy moment Dara, don't think too much.

I have 17 roses in my hand now and I'm dancing my supposedly last dance. Then, I heard the music change. My partner left me and when I turned around, he was standing there with the last rose in his hand.

Jiyong~ie. A smile can now be seen from my face.

He walked toward me in the middle of the dance floor, handed me the rose and took my hand. He smirked, Did I just see him smirk? He placed my hand on his shoulders and afterwards, held me on my waist.

"Happy Birthday Dara NOONA~" he told me. His face is awkwardly close to mine that I had to tilt my head back a little. Something's not right.

"Uhh.. Thank.. You.. Jiyong~ie. I thought you're not here. You're supposed to be my dance after Appa"

He's looking straight in my eyes and I felt my heart beat so fast.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter