Never Forgotten

The Way We Were
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

(Narrator POV)

It’s been a week since Jiyong came home from Japan. When he got back, he didn’t really take some rest and just drowned himself with work. He’s been up late at night and eats so little. His body is getting weak. He hasn’t slept for 2 days now, his eyes are dropping, showing signs that he’s really sleepy and his body is giving up.

However, Jiyong ignored these signs. It seems as if he forces himself to be awake. He keeps himself busy doing things to divert his attention from wanting to sleep. I’ll lose my focus from doing my work if I stay here. The bed is really tempting. I just want to jump in it and sleep. He decided to go out for a walk.

He hasn’t gone very far from home when his vision started to blur and the road he’s walking in started to turn. He tried his best to keep his balance but his head aches so much from what’s happening. He tried to reach for the wall for support but didn’t make it and fell to the ground. His body moved. He wanted to get up but his head aches so bad. He held onto his head, pressing it hard until darkness came over him.

Jiyong woke up in a hospital room, lying on a bed, with an IV stuck on his hand. He moved his weak body. He motioned for his body to move and get up but a gentle touch on his shoulders stopped him.

“Hey, don’t force yourself. Your body’s still weak.” He heard a voice say.

He turned to that person’s direction. “Who are you? Why am I here?” he asked.

“I was on my way home when I saw you lying on the street. I knew you were not a beggar because of the way you dress, so I thought something must’ve happened and I brought you here” the person explained.

Jiyong creased his forehead trying to remember what happened when pain stuck his head once again. He whimpered and held his head. The person by his bedside quickly left and called for the doctor.

“You are not sick of anything, mister. But your body is really weak. I think it’s from too much stress and lack of sleep. Also, you haven’t been eating properly resulting for your body to be in this state.” The doctor explained. “I advise that you take a break from whatever you’re doing and get enough amounts of food and rest.” He continued and then left.

Jiyong lay there in silence. He felt really weak and tired but he wanted to leave that place already. He reached for his pocket for his phone and dialed his home number. After the call, he got up from his bed and pulled out his IV.

He started walking his way to the door.

“Hey, where are you going?” the person who brought him there, asked.

“I’m going home.” He said without looking back and reached for the knob.

“Can you handle it? Do you need help?”

“No. I can do this. I already called for my driver to pick me up”

“Oh. O

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter