The Way We Were

The Way We Were
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Finale

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(Jiyong POV)

 Today is the day. I will be the happiest man ever to step on Earth if everything goes well. I have carefully planned it with the help from Seunghyun. He told me two days ago that he wanted Dara and me to have the vacation together at his villa. He knew that I was a bit uncomfortable with Dara hanging around him a lot since his hospitalization that’s why he suggested that trip. He’s giving us our time alone together.

“Consider this as my saying ‘thank you’ to you for understanding my relationship with Dara. She’s like family to me and I want her to be happy.” He told me.

“I should be the one thanking you, Seunghyun. You have helped us in every way you can. Especially Dara. You have taken good care of her during those times that I wasn’t there. Your relationship with her is something I understand and I’d love to keep it like that.” I replied.

“If you really want to thank me, just please make her happy and don’t ever hurt her. You should now, if anything happens to her, you’re gonna get it from me.” He warned.

“I won’t. You can rest assured that I’ll be by her side from now on.”  I said. “…and about that, I might have to trouble you into helping me…”

“What are you planning to do?”

I told Seunghyun my plan for today. I asked him to keep from Dara the fact that he wasn’t going to be there to spend the vacation with us. I don’t think Dara would want that since all that’s she’s thinking about lately is how to take care of her best friend.

I got up from bed and took a shower. A few minutes later, I dressed up just in time to hear my door bell ringing. I opened the door to see my baby all smiles and prepared for the trip. I stared at her with a huge smile on my face as well. A time alone with you. I can’t wait. I really really really hope everything goes well like planned.

“Are you just going to keep standing there? These bags are really heavy.” She complained.

I woke up from my reverie of what’s about to happen when I heard her voice. I was a bit startled and hurriedly took the bags from her hold and let her in.

“Are you ready?” she asked. I nodded in reply. “I went over to Seunghyun’s place and help him pack his things. I really don’t understand why he doesn’t want to come, sit with us in your car. It would be easier for him.” She grumbled “Well, anyway, he gave me this…” she handed me a map for the directions “…and said, he’ll just meet us there.”

“Okay. Are we going now?” I asked her and she nodded.

It was a 3-hour trip from my house to the villa. We arrived at this big house overlooking the fields. The place was like a resort and was the perfect venue for a vacation. I smiled and thanked Seunghyun in my mind.

We were welcomed by Seunghyun’s house keeper who has been expecting our arrival. He helped us carry our luggage and led us to our room. We got in and settled ourselves.

“Where is he? He told us he’ll meet us here but he’s nowhere to be found” Dara immediately looked for him.

“He may still be on his way” I replied, pretending not to know why he’s not showing up.

“…or maybe not” Dara said gloomily holding a note on her hand “I found it at the table by the flower vase”

I took the note and read its content.

Dara and Jiyong,

I wouldn’t be there to spend the vacation with you guys.

Just enjoy spending this time alone together, Arasso?

I’ll be waiting for you guys back home.

-Seunghyun.

Dara walked toward our luggage already planning to grab them. “There’s no point in staying here. What’s he thinking…?” I hugged Dara from her back and stopped her from picking up our things.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter