Unexpected

The Way We Were
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

What is it again that you wanted the most to happen? :))

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(Dara POV)

What’s wrong with Seunghyun? He always looks irritated and uneasy. This has been going on for weeks now. Ever since he got home from Japan, he’s been a bit different. I went to his office very early this morning and found him sitting on his chair with his eyes closed. Is he sleeping? He’s been here all this time just to sleep? I went over to him and hugged him from behind.

“Seunghyun-ah, what have you been doing huh?” I said sweetly. I looked in his eyes and he stared at me intensely. I could see sadness in his eyes but he forced out a smile.

“I’m working but I must’ve dozed off” he then shifted his gaze. I felt him avoid looking at me.

I cupped his face and looked at him straight in the eye. “What’s wrong? Something’s bothering you and you can’t deny it from me.” He looked down, defeated. He pulled me to sit on his lap.

“Nothing’s wrong. I just wanted this project to be over, really. Because only then could I stop worrying that you’ll be taken away from me. Don’t worry.”

“Alright, then don’t work too hard or you’ll get sick” I said and then left him.

(Narrator POV)

I’m meeting with Jiyong tomorrow. At last, this project would be finalized and we won’t need to see each other from then on. I just need to get through that day and it’ll all be over and everything will be back to how it was.

Seunghyun had been preparing for that moment. To him, it would be the end of his worries. After the finalization of the project he’s doing with Jiyong, he plans to go to Japan with Dara. He’s planning to ask her to marry him and come with him to Japan. They would live there and he would run the company from there.

This was his way of making sure that Dara stays in his life forever. He loves her very much and is scared like hell to lose her – especially to lose her over Jiyong. I will never be good enough. I am nothing compared to the one she truly loves. I know that when they meet again, she’ll no longer be part of my life. I have to do something. He went out of his office and headed to the mall.

After picking up the ring he ordered, he went straight back home to prepare. Dara’s still working and won’t be back ‘til this evening. Seunghyun have a lot of time left to carry out his plan.

That evening, Dara came home from work. He went straight to Seunghyun to check on him. She entered his dimly-lit house and found the very romantic dinner she immediately assumed he prepared for her.

“Tabi, what’s with the candlelight dinner tonight?” she asked.

He went out of the kitchen holding two plates and placed it on the table. “Oh, you’re here already?” He quickly took off his apron and waved at her to come closer. “I just want this night to be a special one for us.”

“Why all of a sudden? You got me surprised. Are we celebrating something today?”

“I hope so”

She looked at him, confused. He just smiled. He got the chair for her and let her sit before he went and sit across her. The entire duration of their dinner occurred in silence. Dara noticed Seunghyun staring at her the same way this morning. She knew, something’s bothering him

“Seunghyun-ah… Tell me already. I know something’s wrong. Don’t keep things from me like this.”

“Mianhe, Dara. I didn’t mean to make you worry” He looked down on his plate looking sad. “…it’s just that… It scares me…”

Dara, all worried now, went and kneeled beside where Seunghyun’s sitting. She held his hand tightly.

“What are you afraid of?”

“I’m… I’m afraid to lose you, Dara. I’m afraid of not being together with you…” He said as tears escaped his eyes.

“What are you talking about? I’m here. I’m not going anywhere”

“Dara… you know how much I love you. I have never been happier being here by your side. We’ve been together for more than 3 years now and if I may, I want to be like this forever – with you…” he said as he got the box from his pocket.

Dara’s eyes widen from shock as he opened it an

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter