If We Ever Meet Again

The Way We Were
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I'm down to my last few chapters for this fic :) Enjoy!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(Jiyong POV)

I looked at my phone. I just keep looking at it, not knowing what to do. I have to fight for Dara. I promised Bom and I promised myself. But how do I start? I feel so stupid for running away that day because now, I don’t know how to find her again. Mr. Choi is the only person that is common to us now. Do I call Mr. Choi?  I wanted to dial his number already but how do I explain things?I can’t just tell him that I wanted to talk to Dara. What if he’s Dara’s fiancé? What if he’s already her husband? I can’t think straight and I clearly don’t have any plan. Aisssht! How can I get her back like this? I have to think of something!

My heart is beating really fast right now. I’ve decided to leave it all to fate. I’m calling Mr. Choi and whatever his relationship with Dara is, I’m going to have to tell him that I needed to speak to her. I’m feeling very anxious as I start to dial his number.

Before I could hit the ‘call button’, my cell phone beeped – twice! I checked first who sent me the messages. This could give me more time. I read the senders’ names but my eyes only focused on one. Mr. Choi? Why is he texting me? What does he need? I opened the message:

From: Mr. Choi

We need to talk.

Meet me at the Café at 6:00 this evening.

What exactly does he want? I wondered what his message was all about. Everything went out well during the meeting so I never thought of the need for us to meet. Does he know of my plans? My mind is filled with all kinds of thoughts. I’m feeling very nervous. Get a hold of yourself Jiyong, you’re acting crazy! Argh, I felt I’m really going to be.

(TOP POV)

Tonight, I’ll carry out my plan. I said to myself that I’ll do whatever it takes for Dara to be happy – that’s how much I love her. I know I ruined their supposed to be ‘moment’ and I just had the perfect idea how to get it back.

*FLASHBACK*

“Ya! You have his number all this time and you didn’t even tell me?” Dara said, pouting at me.

“Hey, I was your boyfriend back then! How do you want me to give out boys’ numbers to you huh?”  I fired back. “See, we just had cancelled our engagement and our relationship and there you are, already fishing another man” I laughed at how casually I said those words.

He punched me slightly on my arm and pouted her lips once more. “This is not making me feel any better.” She’s sad now. “How can you talk about it like this?”

“Sorry Dara” I apologized for my reckless words “but please don’t think about this the wrong way. I have not regretted a single day being by your side. Boyfriend or not, my feelings toward you haven’t changed. I just want to be able to talk about it with you like this because believe it or not, I am happy that you finally decided to face this battle you’ve been avoiding for the past 8 years.”

“I’m sorry Seunghyun”

“Don’t apologize; it would only make me think that for you, being with me is a mistake”

“Of course not. I loved you truly, Tabi. I still do and I always will”

“I know and it made me happy. Thank you, Dara. Now, it’s your turn to chase for your happiness and I’ll help you.”

*END FLASHBACK*

I’ll setup their meeting. I wanted them to be surprised to see each other again the same way like in that conference room.  I want them both to see in each others’ eyes how much they’ve longed for each other. I just hav

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter