Angel’s Despair

The Way We Were
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

^^,) Some G-BOM moment... They're just friends! HAHA. no worries! ^_^

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(Jiyong POV)

I ran away from the conference room as fast as I could and didn’t even notice the tears flowing from my eyes. I’ve waited for this moment, seeing her. When I first knew it was her, I wanted to just hug her and never let go. The least I thought was I could walk up to her and say ‘hi’. I never expected that when we meet again, I’d run away.

I sat in my car and I let out all my frustrations by hitting the stirring wheel. I realized that I found her and met her too late. I can’t be with her anymore.  I lowered my head in the stirring wheel and cried some more. It’s over; I saw a ring on her finger.

When I turned around and faced her, we were both shocked. I had stayed glued on my spot while she had dropped her case. I saw her cover and there it was. She’s engaged now. She could even be married for all I know. I was too late. I’m such a coward.

Aaaargh! All the hope I had in my heart about us being together vanished completely. How can I fight a battle where I’ve already lost before it even began? I closed my eyes and thought of her. I could clearly see her face now and it calmed me. How can I give you up? I just can’t.

I opened my eyes and saw her standing in front of me.

“Eh? What are you doing here?” Bom asked waving her hand in front of my face, distracting my thoughts – which worked! Huh?

“Bom… What are you doing here?” was all I could say.

“Ya~! I just asked you that… Anyway, I’m supposed to visit someone but I didn’t make it since worktime’s over” she explained. “How about you, now?”

“Well, I work here. I mean, I have business to attend to in this building. Actually, It just ended so…”

“Ooooh! Why are your eyes red? Have you been crying??? Is the meeting’s outcome that bad?” she asked worriedly. This is embarrassing.

“No. No, of course not. The meeting was fine. It’s just…”

“Oh, save it for dinner. So, would it be my car or yours?”

Again, she had me cornered into eating with her and to argue is not an option. It’s even better meeting her here when I needed someone to talk to. She’s really an angel – showing up at an unlikely time to save me.

“Since we’re here, let’s use mine” I suggested.

“Okay then.” She turned to the other side and sat beside me “Let’s go”

We went into a restaurant and ordered our food. While waiting for it to be served, we talked.

“So tell me, why were you crying just now?” A very eager question from her. Aisht! Is there really a need to embarrass me? I hesitated to answer but then when I think about it, she has been the closest thing I got for a friend and I really need one right now. With her being “my angel” I think I could let her know.

“Well, there’s this girl…” I began and I saw her give me a look that says oh-there’s-a-girl and listened intently. “…for 8 years, I’ve been away from her and now, I finally saw her again.”

She looked confused “Then why are you crying, isn’t that great?”

“Not at all. I waited for so long to finally get this chance to see her again and then, I saw her ring on her finger. I think she’s married now. I couldn't take it so I ran away from her.”

(BOM POV)

Oh! Now I get it. I feel sorry for Jiyong for having to experience this. I could see the pain in his eyes and I could tell how much she loves this girl. I frowned and I could also cry as I see that he’s just about to. I could f

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter