Their Moment

The Way We Were
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Another flashback chapter. ~ Making up for the lost time (8 years). LOL :)

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(TOP POV)

(3 months ago)

Flowers? Check.

Dinner reservation? Check.

And most importantly, the Present? Check.

Everything is set. It’s this time of the year again. I’ll be, once again, reminded how lucky of a guy I am to have her. It’s our 3rd year anniversary. Yes, it’s been 3 years and we’re still together. I never knew we’d stay together this long but I am glad to always be by her side to love and care for her.

I felt like I was the luckiest guy that day when she agreed to be my girlfriend. I know she doesn’t love me like she loves Jiyong and probably she never will but now, I know I made the right decision. Since that day, I have never seen her sad or hurt. She is always happy.

 Still, I know, she hasn’t forgotten about him yet. What’s with that guy? Why can’t Dara forget about him completely? I am feeling very jealous of this guy I haven’t met yet because the one person I truly love is completely in love with him. I know Dara loves me too that’s why she doesn’t break up with me but I also know how hard it is for her, having to love both Jiyong and I.

Am I being selfish for still wanting her and making her stay with me even if I know she loves someone else?

Is it too wrong to hold on to the hope that one day, she’d completely forget about that guy and realize that her feelings for me is more than just the love for her bestfriend?

I really don’t care at all. I know one day, I may possibly have my heart broken by the person I love the most. But 3 years, and I hope for even more years of being with her, loving her and taking care of her would make it all worth it. I love her and the only thing I want for her, is that she be happy always.

I just have to make the most of it while it lasts. Aisht, this anniversary thing is getting me emotional. It may be because I’m leaving for Japan this weekend for a business trip. It will be the first time Dara and I would be apart. It would only be for three months but I know it would feel like years.

(Dara POV)

I wonder where Tabi is. He told me to go here but he’s not even here. What’s he up to this time? Tabi texted me and told me to see him at the lobby but when I got there, he was nowhere to be found. I asked the concierge if they’ve seen him and told me they did. The lady handed me an envelope and I thanked her.

I opened it and got the letter. You are so predictably unpredictable, Tabi. I sighed dreamily thinking about him. I knew he would do something like this but I don’t know why and I don’t know what to expect of his plans.

It read:

Hi honey.

I’ll pick you up at 8pm tonight. Wear something nice, Arasso?

See you later! Take Care.

 I love you.

P.S. I’m sorry I couldn’t meet you at the lobby. I know you’ll figure out soon enough that I wouldn’t be coming and ask the lady at the concierge for me. So, I just told her, to give you this letter instead.

I wondered what he was up to but I know I’d enjoy it. I always do. I better prepare now. I went to my room and picked out something nice from my closet. I’m really excited about our date today. Tabi never fails to make me happy every day. From his small gestures to grand ones like today’s date I suppose.

I picked out this little black dress from my closet.

This is the first time he made me wear something “nice”. I know casual clothes are nice too but I just had this feeling that I needed to wear something even nicer. Usually, he’d just say “Wear anything you want honey, as long as you’re comfortable” – or something like that. But now, he specifically said “Wear something nice”. I could just ignore that. I wonder what’s so s

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter