It's Over

The Way We Were
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

(Dara POV)

Jiyong…

Is it really you? I couldn’t believe he’s standing just a few steps in front of me. I looked at him and my eyes never left his direction, afraid that his image will disappear in an instant. I saw him look back just as shocked as I am. I dropped the file case I was holding. I wanted to cry but I fought hard not to. I placed my hand over my mouth repressing the sobs that wants to escape. Then his face changed, smiled weakly and bowed at us.

“Sorry, it seems a private matter. I’m leaving first.” He hurriedly went out the door not even waiting for a response.

I wanted to run after him. Jiyong, wait! And when I was about to, a tight grip on my arms stopped me.

I looked at Seunghyun and tried to escape from his hold. He gripped even tighter. He gave me a stare as if he’s about to cry.

“Why?” I heard him ask.

Why? I wanted too to ask myself. Why should I follow him? I could only look back at Seunghyun because I don’t have an answer to that. Without saying anything – with just the pleading look in my eyes, I had asked him to let go of me. He dropped his gaze and softly said “I’m your fiancé Dara…” as he loosened his hold.

It was easy for me to go now and follow Jiyong but guilt struck me. I’m engaged now. Why am I hurting Seunghyun like this? A part of me wanted to stay with Seunghyun but a greater part of me wanted to run to Jiyong.

I said that I’d forget about him already. At least, I’ve said I’ll try. I thought I could and I thought I already did but seeing him again, makes me feel like I have been waiting all my life for that moment – where we could look again at each other’s eyes.

“I’m sorry Seunghyun” I looked him in the eye and I could see sorrow. I felt hurt seeing him like that. I’m sorry Seunghyun but I can’t stay.I know you’ll understand. I gave him one last look and turned to leave. I can’t help but cry as I go my way running after Jiyong.

By the time I went out the company building, he was gone. I ran even further trying to look for a trace of him but there isn’t any. I’ve lost him. I had him but I let him slip away.

(TOP POV)

Her hand slipped on mine as I let go of her. She really wanted to be with him. The moment I feared coming has come. They met and instantly, I lost Dara.

My head hurt from everything that happened. I pressed my hand onto my head – hard. The throbbing pain is getting worse. Flashes of different images popped from my mind. Argh! What’s this? Who is she? I could see images from my head – images I do not k

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter