Our Time - Again

The Way We Were
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

(Jiyong POV)

It’s like a dream – like an angel has come before me. I could see her. It really is her. I stared at her as tears came out from her eyes.  I wanted to rush to her side and hug her and kiss her. I’ve longed for her for so long and now, I can actually see it come true.

I couldn’t move. I could just stare at her for long and it wouldn’t matter. Overwhelming happiness filled my heart. Dara. Is it really you? If I close my eyes, would you still be there when I open them? I slowly stood in my place completely forgetting the utensils that I had once again dropped upon seeing her. I stood up not removing my gaze onto her – too afraid to let her go off my sight.

I walked toward her. She’s still on her place, unmoving. She might be engaged or married or with someone else or…..Argh! Stop thinking about it Jiyong. I closed my eyes to erase the thoughts and opened it back quickly. I sighed in relief to see her still standing there.

(Narrator POV)

He couldn’t think of anything else. He’s forgotten the world around him and could only see her. He didn’t even bother to wonder why she is there instead of Mr. Choi.  All that mattered to him is the reality that she’s standing in front of him and is just a few steps away from him.

He took a step toward her until they’re standing face to face. Like the world stopped from turning and the clocks stopped from ticking, the two drown themselves looking into each other’s eyes. They can’t seem to grasp the reality that’s in front of them.

While they were at bliss, being able to find each other, someone not so far away from the café smiles at what he sees…

(Dara POV)

What is he doing here? I keep on repeating this thought over and over again in my head. My mind refuses to believe that he’s in front of me. I wanted to pinch myself really hard to prove that what I’m seeing is not merely my imagination.

I could feel the tears flowing on my face. I couldn’t hold it in anymore. The moment he turn around and I saw his face, it hit me. Seunghyun… you did this for me. I could only shout my gratitude to him in my mind and before I knew it, tears have come down.

I saw him slowly moving, standing up from the floor from picking something up. I can see he’s staring at me and I could only stare back. He walked toward me while I stayed glued onto my spot. Now we’re standing face to face. Only now, I’m beginning to realize that he’s really here. It’s him. Jiyong is standing in front of me. My heart is filled with joy and I could feel it beat faster. Only with him did I feel this way. I looked down for a moment, breaking our gazes. He ran away from me. What if he doesn’t feel the same way for me? Am I ready to be hurt?  I was lost with my thoughts and I fear them. My tears still haven’t dried but new ones

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter