Unknown Rival

The Way We Were
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

(Narrator POV)

Dara and Seunghyun returned home from the airport. When they got into his house, he was surprised to see a table already set and waiting for him.

“Surprise! I prepared this for you. You like it? It’ll be your ‘Welcome Home’ celebration.”

He looked at her intently and smiled “Why wouldn’t I like it if it was prepared by you? Let’s eat now. I missed you cooking.” The two of them sat and began eating.

“So, tell me about your trip. Did it turn out well?”

“Yes” Unfortunately.

“It means you’ll be working with someone new right? Since you said it’s a new business partner”

Her question made him look at her for a bit and then turned away to continue eating. “Yes” was his quick reply. I don’t want to keep this conversation anymore.

“So, tell me, have you met him? What’s he like?”

He had stopped moving when he heard her ask. Do I tell her? “Yes, of course, I’ve met him. But I really don’t want to talk about it right now. I just want to enjoy the food you prepared for me” He said before looking back down at his food. No, I can’t tell her… yet.

“Oh, I’m sorry. I just missed you, you know.” She said with a playful smile “Go on and eat now but you have to tell me all about this trip later on okay?”

Seunghyun just nodded in reply. He wasn’t really ready about this conversation with her. How can he tell her about his trip? He doesn’t want to worry until he has to, so he set aside his thoughts for a while and the two of them finished their meal quietly.

“You should rest now. You must be tired from your flight. I’ll clean up here.”

“All right. Thank you, Dara. I’ll see you tomorrow, Good night.” He said without objection.

Seunghyun went to his room and lay down on his bed. He was indeed tired from the trip but he can’t seem to fall asleep. His mind takes him back to Japan. He can clearly remember what ‘he’ looks like.

FLASHBACK: Japan

(TOP POV)

We’re meeting a potential business partner here in Japan. We’ve been carefully assessing and studying the proposed project for a couple of weeks now and finally, we’re meeting him. He’ll be showing his idea of the project and our aim is to put in his ideas into the existing plan and see if it may work for the improvement of the project.

I’ve never met him but I’m impressed with his written proposal. Being heir to his family’s businesss, he’s just 21 when he took over the position I thought that nothing good would come out of his head since I thought he’s too young to be a company President. What am I thinking; I’m just a year older than him. I, too, am a company President.  But he’s accomplished a lot in 1 year being

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter