Looking Back

The Way We Were
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Please let me explain! LOL.. It's a flashback Chapter :)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(Narrator POV)

*FLASHBACK*

Seunghyun knocked next door with a worried look on his face. He just got out of his room when he saw Dara rushed from the elevator and into her room, crying.

“Hey, Dara. What happened? Open the door now!” He called worried about his bestfriend. He could hear her sobs clearly from the door.

“Dara, c’mon. I’m worried about you. Don’t make me worry like this. Open the door now” He said calmly, trying his best to persuade her to open the door.

“I- - I’ts… O- - Okk - - kay… Ta - - bi…

A- - a - - I’m..  fine, re - -ally..” Dara said in between sobs at the other side of the door.

“Shhh.. Hey, what’s going on? You know you can tell me anything right? Open the door, Dara. You can talk to me, you know that. I’m here for you” he said. He could not think of any reason why and how this could happen to Dara. Well, he could think of one, but he refuses to believe that - No, not that again.

He heard the door finally unlock. He twisted the knob and slowly opened it. When he saw Dara sitting on the floor hugging her knees, face-down, leaning on the wall just next to the door, he came over to her and hugged her.

 “What happened?” He said. He cupped her face and caressed her cheeks, wiping the tears away.

“I saw him again, Tabi. At the store today… I saw him.” She said, giving out a hiccup every after word.

I knew it!  “What? Who?” He knew the answer to his questions but he still just wanted to ask.

“Ji… I saw Ji…”

Jiyong again. Is she always gonna do this? Crying over seeing him? This has been going on for years. Since he knew her, he had been a witness as to how weak Dara is when it comes to Jiyong. His heart ached everytime he sees her shed her tears for that guy. He knew she loves Jiyong and how he wished it was him instead.

(TOP POV)

She’s crying over that guy again. I hate to see her cry and I hate that it’s always “him” who cause it.

 Dara and I have been friends since that day we had breakfast together. We always laugh and we’re always having fun. This was the Dara I knew – carefree and fun. Still, I know, and I can see it through her eyes, the sadness. She’s sad and longing.

She has been talking about it a lot – how her life was like. Also, she told me how she wanted to escape from everthing that had happened in the past and start anew. I admired her, for being so strong and determined to move on with her life.

There was just one thing, though, that she can’t let go no matter how much she wanted to.

I’m here Dara.No matter what, I’ll make her forget about the people who have caused her pain.I’ll be your strength. I love you. 

“Oh, you did huh? Did he see you too?” I asked as I gave her a glass of water.

“Ani, I don’t think so. When I realized it was him, I hid behind the shelf and sneaked out the store.”  She explained.

“That’s good, right? Please stop crying now.” I told her. I could bear seeing her like this. I’d give anything to have her not feel this way anymore

 “Tabi, I love him. I don’t think I can do this. Everytime I see him, I wanted to run to him and hug him and tell his how much I miss him” she said, crying once again. It was a deep stab on my chest - my heart ached. I wanted to get it out of me to stop the pain. My heart’s crying but I can’t think about that now. Dara needs me.

“I know... Hush now… but you may not do this, you know that. No one’s stopping you but yourself, Dara”

“NO! I can’t see him.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter