History

The Way We Were
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

(Narrator POV)

Like a princess, Dara sat on her throne center stage. Guests take their turns on the microphone to wish her a Happy Birthday. Her proud parents on the side can’t keep themselves from smiling seeing how beautiful and happy their daughter is.

“Honey, I’m really proud of her. She is the world’s greatest daughter. I hope all good things come upon her from now on.” Mrs. Kwon, on the verge of crying, said to her husband.

Mr. Kwon laid a hand on her shoulder and held her tight. “I am even more proud of you. You have raised her well. You are the best mother anyone could ever have.”

He sighed. “I could still remember her chubby little cheeks and pouty little lips... The moment I saw her, I knew…” He looked at his wife and smiled “…we knew.”

*FLASHBACK*

Mr. and Mrs. Kwon arrived at the orphanage and Sister Cherry welcomed them.

“Thank you for coming. We have been expecting you. This way please.”

Sister Cherry led the couple to her office. She offered them tea as they sat and talked about the couples plan for adoption.

“I am very glad that you are willing to help these children. They are good kids and they long to have a family. I would like to thank you that you decided to adopt a child from this institution”

“Well, thank you.” Mrs. Kwon said “My husband and I have been married 7 years but still don’t have a child.”

“We have been to doctors and they said that we are both capable of having a child.” Mr. Kwon butted. “It’s just that, we can’t wait anymore. We were very busy with the family’s business before, that we rarely get the chance to spend time together and we’re not getting any younger.”

“If that’s the case, why have you decided to adopt?

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter