Nutella and approval

Everyday Miracles
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Leeteuk was preparing breakfast the next morning when the twins came down. Hyukjae seemed extremely shy as he approached the table but when Leeteuk gave him a big smile and a ‘good morning’ he seemed to warm up and forget his embarrassment. Donghae, on the other hand, sat down straight away and began pouring cereal into a bowl, managing to spill a good deal on the table in the process. 

“Aish, stupid cereal!” Donghae snapped, throwing his spoon across the table. He was clearly in a bad mood this morning, which made Leeteuk worry a little. He pouted angrily as Leeteuk made his way over to the table.  

“Do you need help, Hae?” he inquired softly while he  the younger twin’s hair gently. Donghae nodded while still scowling at the offending cereal as Leeteuk began to scoop it back into the package. “You want me to pour the milk?” he asked with a little smile as the boy was still pouting and looking generally unhappy with everything.  

“Together?” Donghae suggested as he looked up at Leeteuk. He was still angry that he had spilled and he knew the milk jug was heavy but he didn’t want to act like a baby and have Leeteuk pour it for him.  

Leeteuk smiled and helped him hold the jug so they could pour carefully. “Well done,” Leeteuk praised the younger twin as Siwon came into the room and sat down in his seat. “Good morning, Wonnie,” he greeted, which made the oldest Kim-child look up. He was not used to being called anything but his real name by anyone but Ryeowook and occasionally Yesung, but he found that he liked the endearment.  

“Morning,” he replied shyly as he reached for the cereal just like his brother had done a minute earlier. Donghae was currently shovelling cereal into his mouth while Hyukjae was applying Nutella onto a piece of bread with deep concentration. Leeteuk poured the newly brewed coffee into two mugs before sitting down at the table as well.  

“Are you all looking forward to going to the zoo?” he asked and was met with three enthusiastic replies, the previous sleepiness suddenly vanished completely.  

“We are going to the zoo?” Siwon asked, happy anticipation shining on his face. 

“I wanna see the fishies!” Donghae said excitedly and moved his lips like a fish would.  

“I wanna see the monkeys!” Hyukjae yelled to make sure he was heard over his brother’s voice. 

“Yeah, your Appa arranged to meet up with Heechul and Hangeng and their kids at the zoo,” Leeteuk explained, directed at Siwon since the twins seemed like they couldn’t care less why they were going, as long as they were. 

“I think Yesung wants to see the snakes and turtles,” Siwon replied with a little nod. Leeteuk remembered Kangin telling him that Yesung was seven years old and mostly played with Siwon since the twins often had enough in themselves.  

“Oh, I am sure he wants to see the turtles,” Kangin chuckled as he entered the kitchen with a blurry eyed Ryeowook on his arm. Once the toddler caught sight of Leeteuk, he stretched his arms out towards the male and began wriggling in his father’s arms to signal that he wanted to sit with Leeteuk rather than in his high chair like he usually did in the morning.  

“Do you mind?” Kangin asked, keeping an eye on the wriggling toddler to make sure he didn’t wriggle out of his arms and fall down.  

“Not at all,” Leeteuk answered and stretched his arms out to catch the toddler. Ryeowook snuggled closer to Leeteuk as soon as he was seated in his lap with Kiki tucked safely under his arm. Leeteuk put a hand around him, both for safety and for cuddles, while sipping his coffee with the other hand.  

“Is that for me?” Kangin nodded towards the other mug as he sat down. “Thank you,” he said gratefully and nodded with a gentle smile to show his appreciation. Meanwhile, Leeteuk was applying Nutella to a piece of bread which proved a bit difficult with only one hand.  

“Nom,” Ryeowook exclaimed as he looked at the bread. Leeteuk looked at him quizzically. “Nom!” he insisted and pointed at the bread and then at his mouth.  

“Oh, you want some?” Leeteuk chuckled when he realised what the toddler wanted and began cutting the bread into baby bites. Ryeowook nodded enthusiastically and reached for one of the small pieces Leeteuk had cut for him. He happily took the bread and began munching on it, half of the chocolate somehow ending up on his cheeks rather than in his mouth. 

“Nom,” he repeated, looking at Leeteuk with wide eyes and the nanny handed him another bite with a chuckle. It wasn't until all the little pieces of bread were gone that the toddler stopped his demands. 

“Are you more hungry?” Leeteuk asked, wanting to make sure he was indeed done. Ryeowook shook his head and made to snuggle closer to Leeteuk again. 

“No, you don’t, bunny,” Kangin said quickly and hurried to the toddler with a wrung up washcloth to remove all the breadcrumbs and the chocolate from his face to prevent Leeteuk’s shirt from suddenly turning into a modern piece of art. “There you go,” he said when he was done, running the washcloth over the toddler’s nose again in a playful manner which caused the tiny boy to giggle. “Donghae, what are you doing?” he then asked when he turned around and caught sight of one of his sons seemingly fighting with a knife and a piece of his bread.

 “I want to make a fishie,” he answered as he continued to try to cut the bread into the form of a fish.

Kangin just smiled and sat down again, used to his sons’ antics. “When I have finished my coffee we’ll get going,” Kangin said and took a sip of his mug. “Heechul will be angry if we are late.”

“Minnie!” Ryeowook ex

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter