A night at the Han-Kim house

Everyday Miracles
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

After dinner in the Han-Kim house Heechul and Hangeng helped each other bathe their two sons. Yesung was happily talking about their day with the Kims while Heechul washed his hair. Hangeng was drying off Sungmin and giving him a dry diaper, singing a gentle Chinese song that had the toddler mesmerized.

 

“And I won the burping contest! I burped this much,” he enthusiastically held his hand out in front of his mouth as far as he could to show how much he burped.

 

“That’s nice,” Heechul laughed as he began rinsing the shampoo out of his son’s hair, careful to not get soap in his eyes.

 

“Can you say goodnight, Minnie?” Hangeng asked as he lifted the toddler up to rest on his hip. Sungmin waved absentmindedly at his brother and umma, too busy poking Hangeng in the ear to actually pay attention.

 

“Goodnight, Minnie!” Yesung happily chirped from the bath, waving his rubber duckie in the air as a greeting. Heechul stood up, done cleansing Yesung’s hair, and walked to his husband and youngest son.

 

“Goodnight, Minnie, sleep tight. Remember umma loves you,” he smiled and leaned down to kiss his son’s forehead. The toddler turned his head, finally paying attention to something other than Hangeng’s ear, and put a fat hand on each side of Heechul’s face to give him a sloppy kiss on the nose.

 

“Minnie loves umma!” he sang happily, while his parents chuckled at his sweet display of affection. “Night!”

 

Heechul smiled and kissed Hangeng softly on the lips before turning to his oldest son, letting Hangeng go tuck the toddler in.

 

“Are you ready to get dried of and brush your teeth?” Heechul asked as he kneeled down beside the tub once again, picking up the blue children’s bathrobe on the floor and holding it out towards Yesung. The boy sighed but stood up nevertheless and carefully stepped out of the tub with Heechul’s help before putting his arms through the arms of the robe. Heechul tied the robe and began drying his son’s hair with a towel.

 

“Umma?” Yesung asked with a thoughtful expression once Heechul lowered the towel from his hair and began drying his ears instead. Heechul hummed.

 

“I’m happy Siwonnie and Hyukkie and Hae and Wookie has a new umma now,” he admitted, still with a serious expression on his face.

 

“Siwonnie is so happy now and he was so sad before,” he mused with a sad expression.

 

“I know, baby. I’m very happy that Eeteuk is their new umma, too. They all seem so happy now,” Heechul smiled softly, touched by his son’s musings. He handed him a pair of underpants and a pyjamas and helped him get into them.

 

“Umma?” Yesung asked once again, his voice very low this time.

 

“Yes, sweetie?” Heechul acknowledged, readying Yesung’s toothbrush before handing it to the boy.

 

“You are not going to leave me and appa and Minnie, are you?”

 

It was nothing more than a whisper, but Heechul heard it crystal clear. He fought his emotions as he kneeled down in front of his son, gently lifting the boy’s downcast face with a finger so they had eye contact.

 

“Why would you think I’m leaving, honey?” he asked softly. Yesung eyes slowly filled with tears but he didn’t answer. Heechul pulled him into a tight hug, trying to find the right words to say to his son when the small boy broke the silence.

 

“Siwonnie said his umma and appa didn’t talk and then his umma left. You and appa don’t talk a lot anymore,” he mumbled against Heechul’s sharp shoulder. Heechul tightened his embrace, stunned that his son had caught up on the strain on his and Hangeng’s relationship. 

 

“Listen to me, Yesung: I’m not going anywhere. Yes, appa and I haven’t been talking a lot with each other, but appa is busy with a project at work. But I’m not going anywhere and neither is appa. He and I are good friends and we are not fighting, okay? Don’t worry about it,” he assured and smiled at his son, trying to assure him not to worry.

 

“Do you

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter