On level

Everyday Miracles
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The house turned out to have several rooms dedicated solely to one purpose. There were the children’s rooms, of course, Kangin’s room, and the room that would be Leeteuk’s. Leeteuk almost fell over when he saw the room intended for him. It was huge, with an enormous bed and everything was kept in light beige or white. To top that off, there was a huge glass door, which let in a lot of natural light, leading out to a balcony overlooking the garden. There was an en-suite bathroom with a tub and a shower and Leeteuk had to fight very hard to not jump up and down in excitement. The room seemed so welcoming and the colours were so him and he couldn’t wait to move in. There was a TV-room, the office, the library, a dining room that Kangin said was never really used these days, a play room, and of course, a living room filled with toys and general mess that had made its way over there from the play room. Leeteuk already felt at home.

“Siwon, can you play with your brothers while I show Leeteuk the basement?” Kangin asked and the oldest boy nodded. Kangin gestured to a locked door and opened it. “We have a pool, so I always keep the door locked so the kids don’t go down there unsupervised,” he explained as he made his way down a surprisingly broad staircase considering where it led. It didn’t seem like the staircase to a basement at all, but more like a normal staircase. However, the basement didn’t really give of a basement-feeling either, other than the fact that all the windows were higher up than normally to let some natural light in. They made their way to a room on the left which held a selection of training equipment including a treadmill and a spinning bike. On one of the walls was a TV.

“I don’t really use this room a lot, I like the pool more,” Kangin admitted. “My ex-wife insisted that we made this room. But the other nannies seemed happy enough about the possibility to go down here and sweat for a bit,” he pondered before pointing at the TV. “She had some high-tech-thingy made so the TV only works when you are on the bike or the treadmill. It’s actually very smart,” he explained as an afterthought and Leeteuk nodded. “You can use this room all you want,” he then informed with a smile before closing the door again and going to the right instead. In there was a rather large pool that Leeteuk would guess took up the rest of the space in the basement. “You can also use the pool as much as you want to. I enjoy going for a morning swim whenever time and kids allow me, but they usually enjoy waking up even earlier than me so I have been swimming in the evenings instead when the kids are asleep and either Henry or the nanny can keep an ear on them. It’s like therapy for me,” he admitted as he looked longingly at the water. It had been a long time since he had last had a chance to swim, since everything had been extremely stressful, both at home and at work recently. He needed to go for a swim again soon, that usually helped calm the stress down.

“I like to swim as well,” Leeteuk said. “Though I actually like spending time under water more than swimming since I am not that great at the actual swimming part,” he added with a small laugh and Kangin smiled back.

“Oh, and that door over there is a sauna. If you ever feel like using it you just have to turn on the switch on the outside before you go swimming and then it is ready for you in 10 minutes,” he explained as he pointed at a door in the far end of the room. Leeteuk smiled and nodded before they made their way up the stairs again. “So do you have any last questions or anything?”

“When can I start?” Leeteuk asked with a smile, making Kangin chuckle.

“You can start tomorrow if that suits you?” Kangin replied, not quite able to conceal the hope in his voice. He was stretched thin and with every passing day he was getting more and more worried about his sons; they needed more stability than he could currently give them. Leeteuk seemed like he would be able to provide a much needed breath of air that would help not only the children but also Kangin himself.

“That sounds perfect,” Leeteuk responded with a huge smile as he exited the staircase and looked around while Kangin locked the door again. The kids had not bombed the house while they were gone, but as soon as they made their way up the staircase Leeteuk was attacked by a mop of brown hair that flung itself at him. He only just managed to catch the boy now clinging to his middle before he fell down, his small arms not really strong enough to carry his weight yet.

“Teukie, will you read a book for me?” the boy asked. Before Leeteuk had time to answer, Hyukjae came running towards him at high speed, making him realise that it was Donghae who was clinging to him.

“Me too!” Hyukjae yelled before jumping on Leeteuk as well. Leeteuk plopped down on his behind and laughed as the two twins moved up and clung to his neck instead, almost making him fall backwards so he was lying on the floor instead of sitting.

“Me two!” came a tiny yell as Ryeowook waddled over t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter