The perfect parents?

Everyday Miracles
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Getting through the entrance with six children and four adults proved to be a bit chaotic, but the process was made a little easier when Sungmin and Ryeowook weren’t toddling around, but instead perched in the arms of Heechul and Leeteuk, and they managed to get the tickets with no hiccups. Once they were safely on the other side of the entrance, Hangeng pulled his family over to the side and got a permanent marker out of the diaper bag on the stroller, so he could write his mobile number on both Yesung and Sungmin’s arms.

“If you cannot see me or umma anymore, find an adult and tell them you are lost and ask them nicely to call this number, understand?” he instructed seriously. Yesung nodded with a serious expression while Minnie just kept babbling with his bunny plushie. Hangeng looked at his youngest son and sighed. “Chullie, a little help?” he turned to his husband.

“Minnie, if you get lost, make sure you cry as loudly as you can, okay?”

Sungmin looked at his umma and nodded happily. “Minnie cwy if umma and appa lost,” the toddler repeated and Heechul smiled proudly at his son’s genius. Hangeng shook his head with a fond expression and went to pick the toddler up, leaving the stroller to Heechul. Sungmin happily sat on Hangeng’s arm and looked on as Kangin and Leeteuk instructed the four Kim boys on what to do if they got lost. Leeteuk asked to borrow the permanent marker from Hangeng and wrote Kangin’s number on the boys’ arms.

“Pwetty!” Ryeowook squealed as he saw the numbers on his arm. He studied them for a while, too busy to actually listen to his father or his nanny.

“Wookie, what do you do if you cannot find anyone you know?” Leeteuk asked the toddler, while Kangin was trying to make the twins calm down and listen as well.

“Appa and Teukie leave Wookie?” the toddler’s head whipped up and he started tearing up immediately. He did not want to stay in the zoo, he wanted to go home with his appa and Teukie once they had looked at all the animals!

“No, no, sweetie,” Leeteuk hurried to reassure as he scooped up the toddler and held him closely. “It’s just that appa and Teukie can be stupid and get lost in here because it is such a big park and if we get lost, we need you to find us again,” Leeteuk explained, trying to turn the hypothetic situation around so the toddler could understand. “If we get lost and you cannot find us or any of your brothers or uncle Heechul or uncle Hangeng, you can find an adult and show them the pretty drawing on your arm. Then they can help you find us, so we don’t have to sleep with the elephants tonight.”

Ryeowook’s mouth formed a big O as he understood the situation before he broke out in giggles. “Teukie sleep with aliphants,” he giggled at the silliness of that situation.

“Yes, that wouldn’t be very nice, I would much rather sleep at home with you guys,” Leeteuk smiled.

Ryeowook hugged Kiki tighter. “Wookie gwiraffe nom!” he reminded Leeteuk, wanting to be sure that he remembered; it was very important for him to get to feed the giraffes with Sungmin today.

“Yes, you can feed the giraffes,” he assured him. “We need to find a zookeeper to ask when we can feed them,” he then added as an afterthought to himself.

“Boys, don’t run too far away!” Kangin yelled after Donghae and Hyukjae who had spotted a red panda and was running towards it, not caring that the rest of the family was still by the entrance. “Let’s get going,” he sighed, an exasperated, yet fond expression on his face. Leeteuk held Ryeowook’s hand as the boy wanted to walk on his own, while Kangin pushed the stroller a little behind them.

When he saw Ryeowook walk on his own, Sungmin began wriggling on Hangeng’s arm. “What’s the matter, baobei?” Hangeng asked as Sungmin kept wriggling.

“Minnie down!” the toddler demanded. Hangeng complied and sat him down, watching carefully as the toddler ran as fast as his short legs could carry him over to Ryeowook and Leeteuk where he tried to reach Leeteuk’s other hand. Leeteuk was surprised at first when another little hand reached for his, since the twins and Siwon and Yesung had all run to the red pandas, but he quickly bent down so he could hold the other toddler’s hand as well. Sungmin had decided that he liked Teukie a lot since he had promised to take him to feed the giraffes when his umma wouldn’t.

Heechul, Hangeng and Kangin walked a bit behind, Hangeng and Kangin pushing the two strollers. “He is brilliant with kids,” Heechul commented as Leeteuk crouch down and began retelling some of the facts about the red panda from the plaque in front of the enclosure to all the six kids who looked at him in fascination at the interesting things he was telling.

“I know. He is like an angel sent from heaven. He had Wookie sleeping soundly within half an hour when he came for the interview.”

Heechul gave an approving nod and looked very impressed at that piece of information. Kangin had been very worried about his youngest son’s sleeping habits after his wife left and had discussed them with Heechul a few times to get advice on what to do.

“And he is ama

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter