Umma?

Everyday Miracles
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Over the next week, a routine slowly formed. Since it was the summer holiday the kids were home all day. Kangin had continued working from home for the first three days to make sure the transition would go smoothly; when he wasn’t working during the day they made small trips to all the different places in the area that the kids liked to visit. When school started Leeteuk would obviously spend most of his time with Ryeowook, but that didn’t mean he couldn’t bring all four kids to the playground or the park after school. He made mental notes whenever they went somewhere, noting that Ryeowook seemed to prefer the park when his brothers weren’t there, while the playground was the biggest hit when he had other kids to play with. It was a lot of information to take in in such a short time, but Leeteuk felt like he had made a decent inner map for himself and was confident that he would be able to find most of the things on his own once Kangin went back to work.
Leeteuk made sure to keep his promise to Siwon, and spent thirty minutes each night reading aloud to the oldest boy after he had helped Kangin tuck the three younger into bed. Kangin would come in when the thirty minutes had passed, and they would tuck Siwon in together. Leeteuk had made a conscious decision to take as much part in the family as he could, much to Kangin’s gratitude. They slowly built up a routine, working together on making sure all four boys were as happy as they could be. However, Friday after Leeteuk had joined the family, a minor emergency occurred at Kangin’s office that knocked the routine off schedule.

“I am so sorry, I really hope it’s okay!” Kangin apologised again, sounding a little frantic.

Leeteuk gave him a reassuring smile at that. “It’s fine, I know how the bedtime routine goes and I really don’t mind,” he assured the older businessman. He was well aware that Kangin’s work would not always allow him to be home around bedtime, so Leeteuk didn’t mind tucking the kids in on his own.

Kangin chewed on the inside of his cheek, still looking very regretful. “I am really sorry; the office has been going crazy since I came back. You would think the whole company would go down without me,” he huffed, attempting to make a joke.

Leeteuk gave a small laugh. “Well, technically you are the CEO so...” he said in a teasing voice that made Kangin unable to hold back a chuckle too.

“Thank you, Leeteuk,” he said gratefully, turning a little so he could collect all the papers he would need to bring into the office. “They can stay up for half an hour longer because it’s Friday,” he said, closing his briefcase before walking to the front door. “Boys, I’ll be going now,” he called into the house once he had put his jacket and shoes on. It didn’t take many seconds before the twins came racing to the door to say goodbye, closely followed by Ryeowook who was dragging Siwon while trying to keep up with his two crazy brothers. Kangin crouched down and hugged all four, one after the other.

“Can you be good and listen to Teukie?” he instructed, smiling when the boys all nodded. “Remember to brush your teeth and go to sleep when Teukie says so.”

“Yes, appa,” Donghae said and hugged Kangin once again.

“Wookie kiss!” the toddler demanded and Kangin chuckled before bending down to kiss the toddler’s cheek. The toddler squealed in happiness before grabbing Kangin’s face with his small hands and placing a big, sloppy kiss on his cheek. Kangin laughed at the proud expression the toddler wore.

“Thank you, bunny,” he said as he ruffled his hair before standing up. “I should be back by ten,” he then said to Leeteuk, still with a huge smile on his lips caused by the toddler’s sloppy kiss. The boys and Leeteuk waved him off before going back to the playroom. Siwon had been reading books with Ryeowook while the twins had been drawing before. Ryeowook went right back to the book again and held it out to Siwon expectantly. The older boy smiled and sat down with his brother to go back to where they had been. Donghae and Hyukjae decided they had had enough of drawing and began putting the things away dutifully. Once it was done Donghae began building with the Lego while Hyukjae curled up next to Siwon to listen in on the story time. Leeteuk let the boys play on their own, thinking it was good for them to spend some time together without adults telling them what to do or how to do it. Time passed by fast and it wasn’t long before the clock hit bedtime.

“Come on boys, it’s bedtime,” Leeteuk said after looking at the watch. Hyukjae and Ryeowook whined for a bit, but all four kids followed Leeteuk up the stairs so they could get ready for bed. Ryeowook sat and Leeteuk’s arm, which the toddler had quickly deemed his new favourite place in the world.

“Wookie no tired,” he insisted with a wide yawn as he rubbed his eyes with his s

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter