Giraffe man

Everyday Miracles
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

When they arrived at the Han-Kim house, Leeteuk noticed a lanky man standing in front of the house, looking like he waited for someone. He felt a hand on his shoulder and turned to see Heechul with a grin worthy of the Cheshire cat.

“That friend I was talking about...”

“Oh my God, Heechul, I haven’t seen you in ages!” the tall man exclaimed with a Chinese accent as he caught sight of Heechul and came forward to greet the male. When he reached them, he immediately bent down and placed two kisses on each of Heechul’s cheeks while Heechul mirrored the gesture.

“Mi, it’s good seeing you again. Leeteuk, I would like you to meet Zhoumi. He is a very close friend of ours,” Heechul smirked as he introduced the males.

Hangeng dragged his husband to the side. “What are you doing?” he hissed at Heechul.

“I’m matchmaking, my dear,” Heechul singsonged, kissing Hangeng’s cheek lightly before skipping up to their front door and unlocking it.

“Heechul said you were a dear and I absolutely had to meet you,” Zhoumi exclaimed as he hugged Leeteuk close and gave the flustered nanny a kiss on the cheek. “Oh, hi Kangin, long time, no see,” he continued as he caught sight of Kangin over Leeteuk’s shoulder.

Ryeowook sat in the stroller and looked at Zhoumi with big eyes. “Gwiraffe man!” he suddenly exclaimed, pointing at Zhoumi. He wasn’t sure he had ever seen anyone that tall other than the giraffes they had just fed that day.

Luckily Zhoumi didn’t seem the slightest bit offended and he laughed heartily when Kangin explained what Ryeowook had meant with the title.

Once they were inside and all shoes and jackets had come off, the children scattered to go play.

“Will you be eating with us, Mi?” Hangeng asked, hanging Sungmin’s jacket up after helping the toddler out of it.

“Yes, please, gege,” Zhoumi answered with a grateful smile. When Leeteuk had been helping the kids out of their shoes and jackets, the tall Chinese man had studied him, and he found him absolutely gorgeous. Zhoumi felt extremely attracted to him already and he couldn’t wait to get to know him better. Heechul had texted him and told him about Kangin’s new nanny, saying that the man was an angel and that Zhoumi had to come over pronto so they could meet each other. The designer had been in town anyway, and he had missed Heechul and Hangeng, so he hadn’t been against taking the evening off to go spend some time with them. The possible prospect of a date was just a bonus.

While Hangeng busied himself in the kitchen, Leeteuk, Kangin, and Zhoumi went to the playroom where the boys were already busy with cars and lego. Kangin couldn’t help but feel slightly annoyed by the tall male in the room. He knew from the moment he saw Zhoumi standing in front of the house that Heechul was trying to set the designer up with Leeteuk and it bothered him to no end though he wasn’t sure why. He tried to tell himself that it was only the prospect of Leeteuk finding a boyfriend and possibly quitting despite saying that he wouldn’t that bugged him, but a small voice in his head kept repeating mine.

 

“Dinner is ready!” Hangeng announced half an hour later, causing the playing kids and adults to break up their games. Leeteuk tried to stay behind to clean up, but Heechul stopped him.

“No no, you have to come and talk to Zhoumi!”

Ryeowook was utterly fascinated by Zhoumi and he grinned proudly when he realised that the tall man would be sitting across from him. Leeteuk sat down beside Ryeowook, Siwon on his other side, so he could help Ryeowook with the food. They were having mashed potatoes and sausages, so it was only the sausages Ryeowook needed help with. The dining room was soon filled with talk and laughter throughout the table. Heechul was cutting out Sungmin’s food and discussing some plans for next week with Hangeng. Leeteuk was cutting out Ryeowook’s sausages when Zhoumi tried to get his attention.

“So, you have an education in childcare?” he inquired with an interested look on his face.

Leeteuk cut the last sausages into bite sized pieces for Ryeowook before turning his attention to Zhoumi. He was not all that happy with Heechul’s eagerness to play Cupid, but Zhoumi seemed like a nice guy and since he was already here Leeteuk figured that he might as well give him a chance. “Yes, I do. What do you do?” he asked, looking the male over. He was dressed far too nicely to be around children in his everyday life.

“I’m a designer,” Zhoumi answered with a smile that could battle sunshine.

Leeteuk pursed his lips as he nodded. He had never known any designers, but he was pretty sure that was a tough business to be in. He was about to comment on it when his attention was caught by Ryeowook who was tugging his sleeve.

“Umma nom!” the toddler insisted, not at all happy that the giraffe man was taking his umma’s attention away from him. He opened his tiny mouth and looked at Leeteuk with expectant eyes while holding out his fork for Leeteuk to take.

Leeteuk sighed with a fond smile and poked the fork through a piece of sausage. “Just one, I know you can eat by yourself,” he said, waiting until Ryeowook had nodded before feeding him the piece. He then handed the fork back to Ryeowook, who took it and managed to splash it in his mashed potatoes before putting it in his mouth again.

“He calls you umma?” Zhoumi asked with a raised eyebrow. It seemed a bit strange; not the fact that the little boy called a man umma, but the fact that Leeteuk was the toddler’s nanny, not his umma.

“Yeah, his real umma is kind of out of the picture,” Leeteuk explained, glad that Kangin was busy trying to get Donghae to stop waving his ‘Flying Sausage Man’ around before he managed to stick the sausage into someone’s eye.

“Ah. Do you think that-“

Ryeowook tugged Leeteuk’s sleeve again and the nanny turned his attention to the toddler before Zhoumi could finish his sentence. The b

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter