Lego Zoo

Everyday Miracles
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Wookie?” Leeteuk the toddler’s hair, trying to wake him up as gently as possible. The twins were still happily playing with their Lego zoo on the floor, having built several little boxes for the animals and carefully grouped them together so that those who would eat each other were in their own little boxes while those who would just eat grass and leaves were put together in one big box. The toddler stirred and clutched Kiki tighter to his body, eyes screwed shut against the light of the room. “Wookie~” Leeteuk sang quietly causing the small boy to open his eyes slightly to see who was calling him. A huge yawn followed, and he let go of the giraffe with one hand to rub his big eyes before snuggling back into the warmth that Leeteuk and his blanket provided. Leeteuk couldn’t help the small chuckle that bubbled in his chest at the adorable sight. He grabbed the teddy that was lying beside him so he could keep his promise from the day before. “Wookie, Onew is here to say hi to you,” he said as he held the teddy up in front of the toddler’s face. The small boy opened his eyes again before stretching out his hand and taking the teddy from Leeteuk, bringing it back to lie beside Kiki as he snuggled into the blanket once again, closing his eyes resolutely. Leeteuk couldn’t help but chuckle lightly at the boy again. “Okay, we can cuddle for a bit,” he said and tightened his grip on the toddler before turning his attention to the two playing boys to see what they were up to. Apparently Hyukkie was explaining how they should play the game.

“…so all the monkeys ran away because they wanted the bananas that were in the llama enclosure, but then the tiger broke out of its cage and ate the giraffe!” he narrated with enthusiasm as he first moved two of the monkeys over to the llama fold where there was a palm tree with a yellow block on top, probably the bananas, and then made the Lego tiger gnaw on the Lego giraffe with loud nomming sounds.

“NO!” Ryeowook screamed, clearly having heard the conversation as he was now sitting up and looking at his brother with wide, tear-filled eyes. “No eat gwiraffe!” he yelled before breaking into tears. Donghae and Hyukjae both jumped up to go console their crying brother.

“No, Wookie, we were just playing,” Hyukjae said, trying to placate his clearly unhappy brother.

“Look, the giraffe is fine!” Donghae chimed in and held up the giraffe that had been the victim of the tiger’s imaginary hunger to prove that it hadn’t been hurt. Ryeowook looked down at the giraffe with huge eyes before holding his little chubby hand out to get it. Donghae handed it over to him without protest; after all, Ryeowook was the baby of the family and all members would go to the moon and back again if that would make the little boy happy.

“Look, Teukie, gwiraffe is fine!” the little boy said as he held the giraffe up, about an inch from Leeteuk’s eyes so he was sure the adult could see that the giraffe was indeed unharmed.

“Yes, it’s very fine,” Leeteuk smiled at the toddler as the young boy wriggled around, the blanket falling off him in the process. “What are you doing, sweetie?” he asked, wondering if perhaps Ryeowook wanted to join his brothers in their game on the floor.

Ryeowook didn’t reply at first, scooting around a little more until he grabbed the teddy Leeteuk had brought with him. “Onew,” Ryeowook said and held the teddy up to Leeteuk’s face as well.

“That’s Onew, yes. Has he said hi to Kiki yet?” Leeteuk asked with a smile. Wookie shook his head before he got a very concentrated look on his face as he tried to hold both plushies, one in each of his small hands, and led the teddy down to the stuffed giraffe.

“Kiki, this Onew,” he said solemnly, making sure to make the introductions with the proper portion of seriousness as he had seen his father do sometimes when businessmen had come to their home. “Onew, this Kiki,” he then said, carefully setting down the plushies so he could reach one of Kiki’s legs and one of Onew’s paws and make the animals shake hands in greeting.

The twins had returned to their zoo once they were sure their brother was okay and had calmed down again. Instead of playing with the animals, they were now playing some kind of tag with the blocks that included Donghae putting the blocks in a small cannon that might have belonged to a pirate ship once and then pressing the button, causing the blocks to fly out of it at high speed while Hyukjae tried to hit the flying blocks with other blocks he threw at them. Cries of glee and victory were heard ev

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter