Building new friendships

Everyday Miracles
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

“Wookie, can you play nice while I go open for uncle Henry and uncle Kyuhyun?” Eeteuk asked as he stood up from where he had been building a house for Kiki with Ryeowook’s help when the doorbell rang. To be honest, Ryeowook seemed to only be tearing the blocks down again, but he had great fun and believed he helped build the house.

 

“Wookie nice, umma get uncle Hewwie ‘n uncle Kyu!” the toddler agreed, clapping his small hands together at the prospect of his uncles coming to visit him. He managed to push one of the towers of blocks so it tumbled over in his eagerness.

 

“Whoops,” he giggled and immediately began rebuilding it, trying to get the blocks to stand properly on top of each other. Eeteuk smiled as he went to open the door, excited to see the boy Henry and Kyuhyun had adopted.

 

“Do lo ma ra fli bee li,” Ryeowook sang from the playroom, trying to copy the song he had heard in the movie with all the children he and his brothers had seen. He had been singing that song ever since; he liked it a lot and he thought he was great at singing it!

 

“Hello,” Eeteuk greeted as he opened the door and revealed Kyuhyun and Henry standing on each side of a toddler who seemed to be older than both Ryeowook and Sungmin, yet still definitely a toddler. Eeteuk immediately crouched down to be eye level with the little boy.

 

“Hello sweetie. I’m Teukie, what’s your name?” he asked gently. The boy hid behind Kyuhyun’s leg and peeked out hesitantly. Eeteuk smiled at the shyness and looked up at Henry.

 

“This is Kibum,” Henry informed with a smile. The adults shared a look and silently agreed to let the boy come forward at his own pace.

 

“Come on in, Ryeowook has been looking forward to seeing you,” Eeteuk informed with a wide smile as he stood up again and let the guests inside.

 

“Come here, Bummie,” Kyuhyun guided gently, bending down slightly to have a hand at the toddler’s back. The awkwardness that he had previously had around kids seemed to have vanished in thin air as he sat down on the floor to help the boy out of his outerwear. Henry immediately tried to help, making Eeteuk fight a chuckle; it was clear to him that the boy had already wrapped both of his parents around his fingers, seemingly without even meaning to.

 

“I can’t hear Wookie singing anymore, so I’ll go check on him,” Eeteuk informed, knowing that both Kyuhyun and Henry knew the way to the playroom. Henry nodded in reply and then turned his attention to Kibum’s shoes. Eeteuk hurried to the playroom, feeling slightly concerned that he couldn’t hear a thing. However, when he entered the room, he was met with the image of Ryeowook carefully drawing what looked like some form of spiral on his arm with a marker. He didn’t know where the marker was from, but he let out a sigh of relief when he found the toddler happy and healthy; despite the fact that it was months ago now, Eeteuk was still traumatized from when the toddler had stopped breathing.

 

“What are you doing, Wook?” he asked, walking into the room and over to the couch to clear the coffee table and at the same time take a closer look at what the toddler was doing.

 

“Wookie dwarw sainl,” Ryeowook answered, the block towers knocked over and covering Kiki behind him. Just then, Kyuhyun entered the playroom followed by Henry and Kibum.

 

“Hey Wookie!” Henry greeted cheerfully, leading Kibum by the hand towards Ryeowook. Said toddler looked curiously at the older boy who was approaching.

 

“Uncle Hewwie, who dat?” he asked curiously, forgoing all greeting and dropping the marker to stand up and get closer to the new boy. He toddled towards Henry and Kibum, the older boy once again hiding slightly behind one of his parents’ legs.

 

“This is Bummie. He is mine and Kyuhyun’s son,” Henry explained with a smile before turning halfway and crouching down. “Kibummie, this is Wookie. He is really sweet and I am sure he wants to play with you if you want to.”

 

“Bummie pway?” Ryeowook asked with bright eyes and a happy smile. Kibum looked hesitant for a moment before giving a shy nod, causing Ryeowook to squeal, take his hand and all but drag him towards the blocks he had been playing with before. Kibum looked scared until the younger toddler began handing blocks to him.

 

“Here, Bummie build tower,” Ryeowook instructed, beginning to put the blocks on top of each other once again. Then he looked at Kibum who looked like he wasn’t sure if he was allowed to put the block in his hand on top of the ones Ryeowook had placed in front of him.

 

“Look, Bummie do dis. Wookie know

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter