Pizzas

Everyday Miracles
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Appa, I want pepperoni!” Hyukjae declared from where he was skipping beside the shopping cart and looking at every shelf they passed in the store. Shopping with three hyperactive boys wasn’t that hard when you asked them to go get the things you needed; they’d race each other to get the item and then race back again to deliver it.

 

“Then go get it,” Kangin encouraged with a grin as all three boys ran to where the pepperoni was. He was trying hard to keep the thoughts of Sora out of his mind but she kept popping back up. He knew that he should wait until tonight and then discuss the situation with Leeteuk and preferable also Heechul but his mind was racing and he kept shooting glances over his shoulder, afraid that Sora would suddenly turn up in the middle of the store and hurt his boys.

 

“We got ham as well! It was just beside the pepperoni!” Siwon informed as the boys came running back and threw the things in the cart with proud smiles.

 

“Good thinking!” Kangin praised with a smile. “Now, what do we need more?”

 

“Cheese!” all three boys yelled and set off again towards to dairy aisle to find some grated cheese to put on top of the pizza. There were many different kinds to choose from but Kangin had already decided that he would let the boys decide since it was their pizza to make. Letting them run the show also gave him something to focus on seeing as they would need help when they got home. He decided to pick up some flour since he wasn’t sure how much they had at home while going over the phone calls he had received from Sora. He was pretty sure that she hadn’t known anything about Leeteuk or his importance to the family up until now and he was dreading what she might do with the information. Though she had the innocent housewife act down to perfection she was intelligent and cunning, two qualities Kangin had learned through his company and dealings with clients could do great damage.

 

“We got two packs!” Donghae happily announced as the boys came storming back and threw the two backs of grated cheese into the cart.

 

“That’s good! I think we have everything for the pizzas now. Now we just need some milk and then we can go pick out some fruit. You can each chose three fruits and then I’ll chose for Wook,” Kangin decided, grabbing some milk when they passed the cooler with milk and yoghurt. When they reached the fruit and vegetables department the boys inspected the fruits carefully to find the best ones to choose while Kangin chose two pears and a banana.

 

“Appa, Donghae took the apple I wanted!” Hyukjae suddenly exclaimed and looked angrily at his twin.

 

“I got it first! You should have been quicker!” Donghae mocked and stuck out his tongue at Hyukjae.

 

“Donghae, don’t mock your brother. Hyuk, you can find another apple. Do you want me to help you?” Kangin asked after sending Donghae a stern glance. Hyukjae pouted unhappily and shook his head, abandoning the apples to look at kiwis instead.

 

“When is umma and Wookie coming home?” Siwon asked as he placed his three fruits, two oranges and a banana, in the bag Kangin was holding for the purpose.

 

“They’re actually home already but umma was tired so when Ryeowook went down for his nap he joined him,” Kangin explained to Siwon who nodded before going off to look at some of the more exotic fruits and vegetables that looked funny.

 

 

Leeteuk slowly came to again, feeling like he had only just closed his eyes for a few minutes. However, the alarm on the nightstand told him that he had slept well over an hour. He looked down at where Ryeowook was nestled on his stomach and smiled softly. It felt nice to see him so calm after how hysteric he had been ever since Sora had made her re-entrance. He didn’t blame him for it, though. He sincerely hoped that Sora had not decided to show up at the boys’ school. He knew that Ryeowook hadn’t recognized Sora and that his panic had been caused by someone trying to take him away from his umma rather that Sora coming back and messing up his head. Even though the toddler didn’t remember his real umma it was clear that he did remember that ummas can leave and not come back again and when Sora had tried to take him away and claimed that she was his umma, he had remembered the feeling of being left and made sure to do everything he could to prevent that from happening again, even if the only thing he could do as only a toddler was to scream and kick and protest verbally as loud as possible.

 

“’ma?” Ryeowook mumbled and broke Leeteuk’s train of thoughts, rubbing his eyes with his tiny fists in an attempt to feel more awake.

 

“I’m here, bunny,” Leeteuk replied with a smile as he let his hand run lightly over Ryeowook’s back. The tod

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter