The beginning of a holiday

Everyday Miracles
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

”I call the upper bunk!” Donghae shouted as soon as he caught sight of the twin bed in one of the bedrooms. Hyukjae didn’t argue but instead threw himself into the lower bunk, messing up the blankets that had been lying there in a neat pile.

 

“Appa, where Wookie sleep?” Ryeowook asked his appa with big eyes, looking around the foreign house. Kangin looked down at his son who was holding his hand and smiled.

 

“I think there is a bed for you in here,” he answered, walking into the other bedroom with the toddler on tow. Eeteuk followed with Siwon, holding the boy’s hand as well. When he entered the room, he blushed. Sure enough, there was a baby bed against one of the walls. Against the other was a king-sized bed.

 

“Where should I sleep?” Siwon asked, tugging Eeteuk’s hand slightly. Eeteuk looked around for a bit, thinking that Siwon could sleep in the king-sized bed with either him or Kangin while the other adult could sleep somewhere else.

 

“You can sleep with us, Wonnie! There is an extra bed in here!” Donghae yelled as he and Hyukjae came running into the room only to drag Siwon to the room they just came from.

 

“I guess this leaves us to sleep in here,” Kangin smiled sheepishly.

 

“Umma and appa sleep ‘gether wif Wookie!” Ryeowook cheered and clapped his chubby hands together. Eeteuk and Kangin both smiled at the little boy’s enthusiasm, for now forgetting the prospect of having to sleep in the same bed tonight.

 

“Appa, can we go swim?” Hyukjae yelled from the other room.

 

“We have to unpack the car first,” Kangin answered and made his way out of the room. Ryeowook stood in the middle of the room, looking slightly lost for a second before he wobbled over to Eeteuk and clung to his leg.

 

“Wookie swim too?” he asked, looking up at his umma with pleading eyes. Eeteuk chuckled at the sight of the toddler clinging to his leg.

 

“Yes, we can go swim once we helped appa and your brothers empty the car,” Eeteuk answered, gently removing the small arms around his leg and holding one of the chubby hands while leading the toddler to the car.

 

They managed to empty the car quickly, the three oldest boys taking all the small bags, Kangin and Eeteuk taking the heaviest and Ryeowook being in the way all the time, but nonetheless putting a smile on all of their faces.

 

“Where are my swimming trunks?” Donghae asked impatiently; he was like a fish in water and he couldn’t wait to go swimming.

 

“In this bag,” Kangin answered, lifting a large sportsbag in the air. The boys cheered loudly and ran out of the house, ready to run to the main building.

 

“I figured they wanted to go swimming the minute we got here, so I took the liberty of packing all the swim wear, including yours, in a separate bag,” he explained with a sheepish smile.

 

“Good thinking,” Eeteuk grinned, closing the door behind him when he had made sure he had the key card. All four boys stood at the end of the entrance path to the house, impatiently tripping back and forth in anticipation.

 

“Come on!” Siwon whined, when the parents clearly weren’t fast enough for his liking. Both adults chuckled, but sped up nonetheless.

 

Kangin held Ryeowook’s hand and the bag. The twins took each other’s hand while Siwon shyly reached out for Eeteuk’s hand. The adult smiled and held his hand. Siwon smiled widely at the response, softly swinging both their hands back and forth. Eeteuk felt slightly sad that Siwon was still not completely sure that he was allowed to take his hand, but he figured that it was a big step for the insecure boy that he initiated the skinship himself, never mind how cautiously.

 

 

“You can put your clothes in here,” Kangin pointed at two lockers in the dressing room. The twins and Siwon immediately began stripping, throwing their clothes into either one of the two lockers in a messy chaos. Kangin pondered his choice of words, seeing as it would probably take a while for them to sort out what clothes belonged to who once they were done swimming, but he decided not to bother addressing it now and began stripping himself.

 

Eeteuk was in the middle of stripping Ryeowook when he looked up from his task and was met with the sight of a half- Kangin. He blushed furiously, thankful that Kangin decided to use that moment to go through the bag and find the swimwear instead of looking at Eeteuk.

 

“Umma?” Ryeowook asked with thoughtful eyes and looked after Eeteuk as he turned to the bag to find the swimming diaper for the toddler.

 

“Mmh, Wookie?” Eeteuk hummed, sitting down on the bench and pulling Ryeowook onto his lap so he could put the half-diaper, half-swimming trunks on him.

 

“There fishes in water?” Ryeowook asked with big, curious eyes.

 

“Yes, in some water, but not where we are going, sweetie,” Eeteuk answered with a smile, tying a fine bow on the toddler’s swimming diaper.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter