Going home, part II

Everyday Miracles
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

”Chul, you really don’t have to,” Kangin tried to reason with his long time best friend while Eeteuk and Hangeng gathered the kids and made them ready to go in a few minutes.

 

“Nonsense. Both you and Teukie are bombed. We’ll pick up Yesungie and then we’ll come to your place so you can rest some. I don’t want to hear it!” he hissed when Kangin looked like he was about to decline the offer again. Kangin’s shoulders slumped forward in defeat at the tone before he sighed and turned to help Eeteuk gather the troops.

 

 

 

Once arrived at the house, Eeteuk took the still sleeping toddler from the child safety seat and carried him to the front door, managing to open the door and enter the house without help, as Kangin helped the other boys out of the car and made sure that all bags and stuff got taken into the house. Eeteuk went to Ryeowook’s room and laid the toddler down in the crib gently before fishing the alarm system out of his bag and beginning to set it up.

 

“How are you doing?” Kangin questioned from the door, watching Eeteuk work intently on setting the alarm up correctly.

 

“I think I have it right now. We’ll have to check, though. I’m not leaving him before I know for sure that this thing works,” Eeteuk answered with determination in his voice.

 

Kangin came up to his side and leaned in, gently collecting the sleeping toddler and lifting him up.

 

“What are you doing?” Eeteuk asked, not following what the older was doing.

 

“If he is not there, there will be no movement. That way we can check if it works,” Kangin explained. Seconds after there was a loud beeping from the two chip-like things Kangin and Eeteuk would keep on them from now on. Eeteuk hurriedly flailed his arms inside the crib to make the alarm stop before it woke the toddler.

 

“It works. Now you can rest as well,” Kangin informed with a fond smile as he laid Ryeowook in the crib again. When he stood up again he noticed the look in Eeteuk’s eyes.

 

“Thank you for being there, Jungsoo. You are probably the best thing that ever happened to this family,” Kangin admitted with warmth in his voice. Before Eeteuk could answer the doorbell sounded followed by the voice of Heechul greeting his nephews.

 

“We better go down there,” Kangin sighed and followed Eeteuk as the younger began to walk out the room. Eeteuk was somewhat glad to be saved by the bell. He felt insecure not knowing what exactly was going on between him and his employer and he didn’t want to give the wrong impression, though right now he didn’t know what the right impression was.

 

 

“Please go up and rest some. Seriously, otherwise you won’t be able to take care of my nephews tomorrow,” Heechul begged as he looked at the tired pair. “Me and Hannie can look after them perfectly well while you rest.”

 

“Chullie, I seriously don’t know what I would do without you,” Kangin said with relief and gratitude before hugging his friend tightly. He then went to his boys to tell them to be nice while he rested. Heechul looked at Eeteuk before engulfing him in a hug.

 

“Hey, he is okay now. You are all okay,” he soothed the distressed looking Eeteuk as he ran a hand through his hair. “You need some sleep, okay? I’ll look after your boys now.”

 

Eeteuk let himself be led to bed by the man he had come to admire infinitely in a short amount of time. He was exhausted but he felt comfortable leaving the boys under Heechul’s care. He fell asleep as soon as Heechul had tucked him in.

 

 

“Umma.”

 

A soft, childish voice along with small arms around him and a little body lying beside his brought Eeteuk out of his sleep. He slowly opened his eyes and was greeted with the sight of Siwon’s soft smile, as the boy hugged him.

 

“Good morning, Siwon-ah,” Eeteuk yawned and hugged Siwon as well. The boy giggled.

 

“It’s evening, umma. Uncle Chullie said to wake you up now ‘cause uncle Hannie made dinner,” Siwon informed with a dimpled smile. Eeteuk yawned again and sat up, bringing Siwon up with him. He turned his back to the small boy.

 

“Here, climb up, then we’ll go down to uncle Chullie and uncle Hannie,” he smiled and gestured to his back. Siwon climbed on, his short arms around Eeteuk’s neck. Eeteuk held the tiny thighs so he wouldn’t slip down before standing up and beginning to walk downstairs.

 

“Teukie umma?” Siwon mumbled as the descended the stairs.

 

“Yes, Wonnie?”

 

“I’m glad you helped Ryeowook with the dragons,” the eldest Kim-boy murmured and hugged Eeteuk tighter. Eeteuk felt a warmth wash over him.

 

“So am I, sweetheart,” he admitted before they entered the kitchen where Eeteuk bent down until Siwon could touch the ground with his feet and the boy let go of his neck. The kitchen was somewhere near happy madness. The boys where zooming around and playing, Heechul was once again dancing with the two toddlers while Hangeng put the finishing touches on the food and Kangin set the table.

 

“Need help?” Eeteuk offered. It was first then Kangin noticed

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter